Author Topic: The History Channel's Great Battles of Rome  (Read 813 times)

Offline malovolpe

• Red Fox Silver Morph
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
The History Channel's Great Battles of Rome
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:38:20 am »
First off let me say, i have a huge interest in ancient rome, so when i saw this game for really cheap on amazon i just had to buy it. Now i read reviews of the game and they said the game sucked, but i played it and i have to say, its actually really impressive. It crosses RTS and RPG elements that i've never seen in one game before and it has more realism than the total war series. Terrain is very important in the game, like for example light infantry fight great on boggy ground while heavy infantry and cavalry fight great on open ground as it doesn't disrupt formations. Now there are 70 roman missions with great cutscenes by the history channel and when you download a patch, a 40 mission celtic campaign which is also fun to play, the graphics are nothing fancy and it doesn't have the clone units feel that medieval 2 and rome total war have.

Anyone play this game?

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
Re: The History Channel's Great Battles of Rome
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:04:33 am »
I saw it in a gamestop, but it was pretty close to my rule #1 of video game shopping:
Never buy a video game made after a movie (with the exception of star wars.)

maybe I'll check it out.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 09:31:59 am »
First off let me say, i have a huge interest in ancient rome, so when i saw this game for really cheap on amazon i just had to buy it. Now i read reviews of the game and they said the game sucked, but i played it and i have to say, its actually really impressive. It crosses RTS and RPG elements that i've never seen in one game before and it has more realism than the total war series. Terrain is very important in the game, like for example light infantry fight great on boggy ground while heavy infantry and cavalry fight great on open ground as it doesn't disrupt formations. Now there are 70 roman missions with great cutscenes by the history channel and when you download a patch, a 40 mission celtic campaign which is also fun to play, the graphics are nothing fancy and it doesn't have the clone units feel that medieval 2 and rome total war have.

Anyone play this game?

Never heard of it or played it but it sounds quite cool...

Man, those clones bugged me when I played it...You have hundreds of identical men XD

Offline malovolpe

• Red Fox Silver Morph
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:39 am »
well i am a beta tester on the new great battles game, Great Battles of the Middle Ages. It is fun