Author Topic: Website Assistance - FT Needs You!  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 11
Website Assistance - FT Needs You!
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
Currently I am working on a new website for our Furry Teens forum. This is mostly a project to attract new members. This thread is to post what you as members would like to see on the site. If you would like to help add content to the site please PM or Instant Message me, maybe we can bounce some ideas around.

So far I atleast want the following:

• Mission Statement / About Us
  • Links to other teenage sites or furry teenage sites
  • IRC Tutorial and Information
  • Links and info to FT Radio projects
  • What the forum is about
  • Misc. FT projects

Comments / Suggestions? - I'm hoping to get this site fully up with content by Friday the 20th.

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • The Farther Shore
Re: Website Assistance - FT Needs You!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:46:36 pm »
I'd offer to record an intro with a few other furs from FT.

Anyone up for it?
"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:20 pm »
A vocal intro? That would be awesome. If I can get my hinds on a mike I'll join in. I'd also offer to scrible up a mission statement, but I'd need more information as to what should go in it, and what order it should be in (etc etc).
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:58:02 pm »
If I only had a mic... actually my dad has a webcam which I could figure out how to extract audio from, but it'd seriously bug him if I had something furry related on his computer, plus my voice is very monotone and boring xD
Maybe you could add some pages with general information about furries, dealing with parents, etc. Not really important since you can find that on a ton of other sites as well as the forum, but just a suggestion.

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • The Farther Shore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:02:48 pm »
Alright. Well. I'm going to write and record an intro for the site this weekend.

I should have an MP3 up by Monday/Tuesdayish.

"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:04:20 pm »
I have a decent mike and recording software but my voice is bad so I dont think Ill use my voice "talents" (if you can call them talents lol)

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 07:25:38 pm »
Alright. Well. I'm going to write and record an intro for the site this weekend.

I should have an MP3 up by Monday/Tuesdayish.

Look forward to seeing it. Other than that we still need some writeups, FAQs ect. Just anything to shed some light on what we do and what we're about.

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 12:25:27 am »
I'd be happy to do some writing, in some form? Just tell me what and I'll get to it.
  • Flag - original

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 03:53:59 pm »
Hey, I'll try my paw at some writings for the site. Just teel me what you want in it, what you want it about, and how you want it to sound.
Always glad to contribute.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:50 pm »
Hey, I'll try my paw at some writings for the site. Just teel me what you want in it, what you want it about, and how you want it to sound.
Always glad to contribute.

Sure! If anyone is interested, want's specifics or a login to help make pages. Please feel free to contact me VIA instant messaging or email.

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 08:34:22 am »
So far with very old material up. Hoping to get some decent edits and more content pulled together. I should apologize first as Natasha was willing to collaborate on this. Again, anyone who wants to make pages or even update existing pages is welcome to, but you will have to get a hold of me first. Thank you! Suggestions on what to add, appreciated.

http://www.kitwolf.com/furryteens/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:42:55 am by Kit Wolf »

Offline Eric

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:16:52 pm »
If I only had a mic... actually my dad has a webcam which I could figure out how to extract audio from, but it'd seriously bug him if I had something furry related on his computer, plus my voice is very monotone and boring xD
Maybe you could add some pages with general information about furries, dealing with parents, etc. Not really important since you can find that on a ton of other sites as well as the forum, but just a suggestion.

You should only have to go to audacity, or whatever program you have on your computer to record sound, and set your microphone to your webcam, it will turn on your webcam but only use the mic not the camera.

I also think that the site should include some sort of staff page or something.

^^Click on one of the three last bars to go to that profile.^^

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »

You should only have to go to audacity, or whatever program you have on your computer to record sound, and set your microphone to your webcam, it will turn on your webcam but only use the mic not the camera.

I also think that the site should include some sort of staff page or something.
Yeah, but my dad would get pissed, so I don't think I'm gonna bother xD
The website is looking nice so far :3 ...Aaaaand we have a group thingy on Furcadia? I haven't been on there for a while, must check that out... o.o

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 04:47:35 am »
Yeah though the furcadia dream is not up anymore, due to lack of interest. Though Flinch and Rei I believe were running it.

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 06:25:50 am »
Yeah though the furcadia dream is not up anymore, due to lack of interest. Though Flinch and Rei I believe were running it.
Yeah, they were.
Not too difficult to make a basic dream again, and with a bit of effort we could get one with a couple of "features". Heck I'd do it myself if I thought someone would actually come, but if no one bothers to visit the dream, then it'll disappear after a while.
Hmm... Actually, that sounds like a good idea. I'll go mess with the dream-creator software, but as I said, a basic dream for meeting in can be done easily by anyone-
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Kit Wolf

• FT Founder
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 07:45:32 pm »
More updates made, still currently at www.kitwolf.com/furryteens

Added up the IRC Rules that Natasha made a while ago.

Offline Itchywolftard

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 02:30:54 pm »
For anyone interested on the new updates to the site. 

The links have all been revamped to a drop down menu with pertaining links in a parent link.  Along with that came a few edits to all of the pages. 

Lastly, a poll feature was added to try and spark some interest on heading over and giving input on how the site is going. 

Offline Jericho

• Jericat
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Silvery Kitty
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 01:11:41 am »
if you need someone to walk new furs through irc, I could probably lend a paw somewhere... I've got multiple irc clients, and the full command list for most at my disposal...