Author Topic: Mail Server Problems: Notification Delays to Yahoo Addresses  (Read 580 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Mail Server Problems: Notification Delays to Yahoo Addresses
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:23:04 pm »
For the last week, Lupinia's email server has been receiving dozens of message delivery delays triggered by Furry Teens email notifications sent to Yahoo email addresses.  This means that, whenever the forum generates an email (private message and topic reply notifications) that's sent to a Yahoo email address, Yahoo blocks the message for a few hours.

Various mail providers implement these sort of temporary blocks for various reasons, but they rarely last this long.  In this case, it means messages from our mail server (and probably from the furryteens.org domain, considering how localized the problem is) have recently been marked as spam by Yahoo users.

If you don't have a Yahoo email address in your account on this forum, no action is needed.

If you do use a Yahoo email account for this forum, please be aware that notifications may be delayed by as much as five hours, and there isn't much we can do about it, since it's a problem with Yahoo, and there's no communication channels with them to fix this.  Until this clears up, please make sure that you are not marking messages from this forum as spam when you delete them; the Spam button doesn't just delete the message.  And, if messages from this forum are being marked as spam automatically by your email system, please take the time to mark them as Not Spam; it makes this sort of thing less likely to happen in the future.

Thanks,

The Lupinia Server Administration Team
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3