Author Topic: Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Awards:
    Flag - banana
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
Re: Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 05:42:11 pm »
Variations in the fluff, they happen allot. There's just too much published by too many authors to keep track of it, especially for guys like us who don't read like every book they realease. In this case, it's whatever you think is coolest.

Like in the Blood Angels trilogy, the grenades fit easily into their fists, while in the Space Wolves books they have tiny, super-explosive discs they throw like tiny frizbees. But, in the Brotherhood of the Snake book, Astartes grenades are so big and so heavy that a human female can barely lift it from the ground, never mind throw it. It also blows a ten-foot crater four foot deep into the ground, too.

Either way, pretty much all the time bolters are full-auto deathcannons with burst and single-shot options. I tend to use the Inquisitor book as a benchmark, and it just says "armour piercing, self-propelled explosive bolts". So whatever. Someone anal would say it depends on the forgeworld that made the round, but honestly, just beleive what you want to beleive - it's all made up anyway =3.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 11:13:27 am »
Variations in the fluff, they happen allot. There's just too much published by too many authors to keep track of it, especially for guys like us who don't read like every book they realease. In this case, it's whatever you think is coolest.

Like in the Blood Angels trilogy, the grenades fit easily into their fists, while in the Space Wolves books they have tiny, super-explosive discs they throw like tiny frizbees. But, in the Brotherhood of the Snake book, Astartes grenades are so big and so heavy that a human female can barely lift it from the ground, never mind throw it. It also blows a ten-foot crater four foot deep into the ground, too.

Either way, pretty much all the time bolters are full-auto deathcannons with burst and single-shot options. I tend to use the Inquisitor book as a benchmark, and it just says "armour piercing, self-propelled explosive bolts". So whatever. Someone anal would say it depends on the forgeworld that made the round, but honestly, just beleive what you want to beleive - it's all made up anyway =3.

Yeah, in the end it has no effect on anything...I think...XD

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 01:20:15 pm »
Yeah, in the end it has no effect on anything...I think...XD

Except the minds and pockets of gullible nerds worldwide.

Offline defblasta

• leo, the one legged pirate lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • with the power of ale, he could not fail!
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 10:33:47 pm »
bolter rounds (bolts) are rocket propelled and they can fire full auto but they only have a 20 bolt mag so they dont much especially considering that one bolt will kill most things

deathwatch bolters have a fire selector so they can have more than one mag inserted at once and switch between types of rounds.

there is a computerised version of 40k its called vassal  http://www.vassal40k.com/

and all of you who say guard suck obviously havent read the new codex and deserve to be hot shot lasgunned to death, thats right hotshot LASGUN first rank second rank still works on them.

oh and is anyone interested in an online forum based game of dark heresy?
"Hentai is for loserz who cain't get any LOLZ!!!! ROFLMAO."
"And you can? Christ, you spend all [expletive deleted] day on the same forums insulting people.
You couldnt get [expletive deleted] if you paid for it."
"Pffft.> And j00 could?1/"
"Hah, no. I'm a fur."

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Awards:
    Flag - banana
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:20 am »
The new guardsmen codex is pimandwin, but the most terrifying thing in there for my Eldar is cheaper Chimera's. Saying that, I still managed to haul a victory (By a single measly objective!!) out my ass against an army with 7 Chimeras in it at 1500 points. But then, he didn't have anything other than grenadier veterans. No guardsmen, no (very expensive!) stormtroopers, no command platoon - just a psycher. Fat lot of good he was against Eldrad X3.

His six terrantula sentry guns took out two wraithlords and half a unit of Avengers though, but didn't save his last objective X3.

Also : Commisar lords aren't very good vs seer councils... Or Striking Scorpions. <3.

Edit : I'm looking at that Vassal40k Thing, installing it now. ^.^
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:43:05 am by Varlen »
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^