Author Topic: Furry News?  (Read 572 times)

Offline 1234567

• 自殺は生命の証拠である
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 34
Furry News?
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:36:09 am »
Now I'm not bothered about furries in the news... that's nothing new I'm interested in the news about the furdom?
I have three things one sad one, one great one and one pretty unbelievably terrible one... so slightly more upbeat than the usual "news."

First off the sad news (saving the good till last).

"Furp" -known to the rest of the world as Patrick Reed, 29 years old, an Iraq war veteran and a regular staff member at Anthrocon, Califur, FurFright, Midwest FurFest and the Rocket City FurMeet; was killed in a motorcycle accident by a drunk marine on his way home.
Hundreds of memorials have since been left on news articles and his LiveJournal account. A memorial community has also been set up for people to mourn the loss of Furp.

The god awful news:
Two furs have been arrested for conspiracy to commit murder! This was in the UK, I believe I have even spoken to one of the two involved briefly online a while back, just goes to show you can never know what someone is really like -fur or not.

...And finally we come to the good news: Scotland has announced its first Con -Scotiacon! To be up and running in 2010, yay!

Any others people have to add? Good or bad? (Bad is much easier to come by...)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:28:37 pm by Itchywolftard »

Offline Travis

• Green Level
  • Candies: 17
    • FurAffinity - dirtracer
    • LiveJournal - dirtracer17
  • Fursona Species: black wolf
Re: Furry News?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:28 pm »

First off the sad news (saving the good till last).

"Furp" -known to the rest of the world as Patrick Reed, 29 years old, an Iraq war veteran and a regular staff member at Anthrocon, Califur, FurFright, Midwest FurFest and the Rocket City FurMeet; was killed in a motorcycle accident by a drunk marine on his way home.
Hundreds of memorials have since been left on news articles and his LiveJournal account. A memorial community has also been set up for people to mourn the loss of Furp.

well i say it isn't to sad seeing he was on a motorcycle. you put you're leg over one and you might as well sign a slip saying "i'm willing to die for a fun ride" the other person shouldn't have been drunk. but since he rode he would probably agree that dieing on a bike is better than in a bed. mourning his death though? NO! celebrate his life!

Offline 1234567

• 自殺は生命の証拠である
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 34
Re: Furry News?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:58:41 am »
Celebrating life is part of mourning, but that being said because furry is a new phenomenom (-because the internet is a reasonably new phenomenom) you don't get too many old furs and not many furs die. In another couple of decades I think that will change greatly. Furs will "retire" when they get too old and there'll be a few more dead furs. I doubt there are many furs who have died so far