Author Topic: Metal Bands?  (Read 6446 times)

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
Re: Metal Bands?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 01:25:22 am »
Why has no one said System of a Down yet? :3

I consider them metal, even if they ain't.
Seconded for win
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline thepassenger

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 12:08:53 pm »
err metallica kick ass so do bullet for my valentine, machine head are cool as are iron maiden and stone sour
All this i cannot bear to witness any longer cannot, the freedom of salvation take me home?

Offline Deactivated

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:01 pm »
Nightwish! Nightwish is THE symphonic metal band. The first one that paved the way for the others such as Within Temptation, After Forever, Magica, Sonata Arctica, Northern Kings, and Kamelot.

Offline MarcusWolf

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »
Sabaton= win
Historic metal rules

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 11:46:48 pm »
Tool?

Tool are about as metal as Treebeard!

Also, I agree about SOD (they're amazing) and am amazed no-one's listed GWAR yet. I saw them last year and got so covered in fake blood I was stopped by a kindly paramedic on the train home.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 07:26:41 am »
Why has no one said System of a Down yet? :3

I consider them metal, even if they ain't.
Seconded for win

Let's not forget Serj Tankian's solo endeavor while we're discussing SOAD, ne?

Serj Tankian is a little more rock based that System of a Down, but it has so metal moments, and a lot of the songs are, in my opinion, better than SOAD's.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Mik

• [Insert something meaningful here]
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • Piece o' Piss ya bloody fruitshop owners!
    • DeviantArt - mikunefolf
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 02:13:12 pm »
Does this count all types of metal? or just metal?

Offline Seraph Vulpine

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • Dracul Va Domni Din Nou
    • http://www.myspace.com/tehjaadmaster
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 02:28:28 pm »
Necrophagist
Dying Fetus
Cattle Decapitation
Immortal
Emperor
Gorgoroth

oh so many more lol
Seven years of age is he and already in bloody war
His eyes do not turn away from all that death and gore
Father Dracul and brother Mircea are riding by his side
Proud he is of his warrior father, no matter he lied!

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 03:32:41 pm »
God, someone who still listens to Immortal.

I'll tell my mate Dave, he'll love to hear he's not alone! :D

Offline Seraph Vulpine

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • Dracul Va Domni Din Nou
    • http://www.myspace.com/tehjaadmaster
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 10:51:52 pm »
God, someone who still listens to Immortal.

I'll tell my mate Dave, he'll love to hear he's not alone! :D

Lol, I have every Immortal cd ever released, and a couple of Immortal shirts too :3

I can't wait for their upcoming cd =D
Seven years of age is he and already in bloody war
His eyes do not turn away from all that death and gore
Father Dracul and brother Mircea are riding by his side
Proud he is of his warrior father, no matter he lied!

Offline Gentaro

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Yayz! I can Fly! X3
    • Myspace - Solo Album
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 06:52:41 am »
If you're looking for metal in spesific I'd suggest a few bands

Band                                       Album

Bullet For My Vallentine                    Scream Aim Fire
          MegaDeath                          United Abominations
           Disturbed                            Ten Thousand Fists
        Ozzy Osbourn                             Blizzard Of Oz
          Iron Maiden                            Fear Of The Dark
            Racer X                             Technical Difficulties
     Avenged Sevenfold                           City Of Evil

But if you're looking for guitarists or songs then I can give you a few aswell

Guitarist                                        Band

Randy Rhodes                               Ozzy Osbourn
          Jake E Lee                                 Ozzy  Osbourn
        Dave Mustaine                                MegaDeath
          Paul Gilbert                                     Racer X
          Matt Tuck                            Bullet For My Vallentine
        Synister Gates                           Avenged Sevenfold
         Dave Murray                                  Iron Maiden

Hope This Helps get you going...........  =3
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:54:41 am by Gentaro »

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 01:55:38 pm »
With the exception of Megadeth I hate pretty much every band + guitarist on that list.

Also, no-one's mentioned Rob Zombie yet.

That said the metal bands whos CDs I own are; Pig Destroyer, Municipal Waste, Every Time I Die, The Locust, Lamb Of God, Messugah, Slipknot, Suicidal Tendancies, Ministry, American Head Charge, Mastodon, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, Between The Buried And Me, Machine Head, Chimera, Kyuss, Behold....The Arctopus!, Converge, Botch, In Flames, Helmet, Soilwork, Evergreen Terrace, Zao, Burnt By The Sun, Earthtone9, Boy Hits Car, Boysetsfire, Opeth, Deftones, Cradle Of Filth, Katatonia, Decaptitated.

Offline Mik

• Purple Level
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:09 pm »
Rob Zombie lol!

With the exception of Megadeth I hate pretty much every band + guitarist on that list.

That said the metal bands whos CDs I own are; Pig Destroyer, Municipal Waste, Every Time I Die, The Locust, Lamb Of God, Messugah, Slipknot, Suicidal Tendancies, Ministry, American Head Charge, Mastodon, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, Between The Buried And Me, Machine Head, Chimera, Kyuss, Behold....The Arctopus!, Converge, Botch, In Flames, Helmet, Soilwork, Evergreen Terrace, Zao, Burnt By The Sun, Earthtone9, Boy Hits Car, Boysetsfire, Opeth, Deftones, Cradle Of Filth, Katatonia, Decaptitated.

I only know 2 in that massive list XD

um...mine are

Dethklok
Rammstein
Sonata Arctica
Manowar

I suppose Metallica is okay aswell and like 2 Iron maiden songs are decent lol.

But I like any song that sounds good.

Offline Gentaro

• Red Level
  • Yayz! I can Fly! X3
    • Myspace - Solo Album
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 06:08:03 pm »

How can you not like Racer X Or Sevenfold, or Bullet For My Vallintine, Or Ozzy Osbourn!?   =0

There all legends!?   = /

And how can you not like Paul Gilbert, he's like the living genious of the metal shred world..........   = /

And Ozzy Osbourn Practically Invented Metal.........  without him none of those other bands would exist really
same with Iron maiden..........

(when I say ozzy osbourn, I mean his solo stuff, because Black Sabbath are really quite rubbish in my oppnion)

And no offence, but the only thing on the list you wrote I'd probably listen to would be Killswitch Engage, everything else just looks the same   = /

But still, oppnions are oppnions I guess, all to there own............

Offline Mik

• Purple Level
    • FurAffinity - mikune
    • Twitter - MikuneFolf
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 05:49:07 am »

How can you not like Racer X Or Sevenfold, or Bullet For My Vallintine, Or Ozzy Osbourn!?   =0

There all legends!?   = /

And how can you not like Paul Gilbert, he's like the living genious of the metal shred world..........   = /

And Ozzy Osbourn Practically Invented Metal.........  without him none of those other bands would exist really

(when I say ozzy osbourn, I mean his solo stuff, because Black Sabbath are really quite rubbish in my oppnion)

And no offence, but the only thing on the list you wrote I'd probably listen to would be Killswitch Engage, everything else just looks the same   = /

I doubt he invented metal because theres more than one type and he cannot be all of them.

Offline -account deleted-

• Captain Awesome
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 09:27:43 am »
Be that as it may, Ozzy was still the first guy to throw the horns on stage...

Lawl, I've met Bruce Dickinson...

However, Slipknot are, at the moment, probably my favourite band. Has anyone mentioned Megadeth and Slayer yet?
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 02:54:10 pm »
Tool?

They have several metal-ish songs, but I kinda only consider them 50% metal.  Regardless, most people consider them prog metal.

These guys are probably one of the greatest metal bands of all time, btw.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline -account deleted-

• Captain Awesome
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:41 am »
Ahahahahahahaaaaaaa!
Deathstars.
Anyone heard them? Saw them on tuesday... Was fucking epic. And the supprting bands (The Defiled, The Marionettes) were actually really decent too! All in all, a great evening, with GREAT music. >: D
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Offline Gentaro

• Red Level
  • Yayz! I can Fly! X3
    • Myspace - Solo Album
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 02:24:19 pm »

How can you not like Racer X Or Sevenfold, or Bullet For My Vallintine, Or Ozzy Osbourn!?   =0

There all legends!?   = /

And how can you not like Paul Gilbert, he's like the living genious of the metal shred world..........   = /

And no offence, but the only thing on the list you wrote I'd probably listen to would be Killswitch Engage, everything else just looks the same   = /

I doubt he invented metal because theres more than one type and he cannot be all of them.

no.........  but when you think about it the other tpyes of metal such as: Heavy metal, Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Power Metal............   They all originated from the same thing?

and the thing they originate from is called Metal, which was first played by ozzy osbourn when he was doing his solo stuff with randy rhodes and when he was in black sabbath.............

so I supposed you're point is fair that he didn't invent every genera of metal, but with out him those genera's wouldn't exist because he made metal??   = /

Offline Roofus

• Blue Level
  • Whatupwidat?
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

How can you not like Racer X Or Sevenfold, or Bullet For My Vallintine, Or Ozzy Osbourn!?   =0

There all legends!?   = /

And how can you not like Paul Gilbert, he's like the living genious of the metal shred world..........   = /

And no offence, but the only thing on the list you wrote I'd probably listen to would be Killswitch Engage, everything else just looks the same   = /

Ok;

Racer X - Boring

Iron Maiden - Laughably stupid...fun I suppose, but about as metal as an inflatable devil.

Sevendust - Never heard of them.

Paul Gilbert - Ditto.

Bullet For My Valentine - Look like arseholes, have arsehole personalities, and are generally boring.

Ozzy Osbourne - Dumb. Should've stayed with Sabbath and let Iomi write his songs as most of his stuff is the most putridly unawaredly self-parodying stuff I've ever seen...seriously, a metal song about Perry fucken Mason? What the mooseballs. Seriously, don't get me started on Ozzy fucken Osbourne.

And to say that Ozzy "invented" modern metal is dumb. Modern US "Thrash" metal comes from New Wave UK Metal, the scene Ozzy was in, sure...but it also incorporated elements from US punk and hardcore bands like The Misfits, Minor Threat, and The Minutemen.

Wheras bands like Kiss, and Alice Cooper, and Motley Crue took their cues from the glamrock scene from both the UK and the US, mixing it with "Heavy Metal" from bands like Saxon and surf rock.

Another part of Heavy Metal were bands like Guns N Roses, who took their lead more from Black Sabbath and Led Zep than they did from Ozzy. So to argue that Ozzy "created" metal is RETARDED.

NO ONE MAN CAN "START" A GENRE THAT BIG

Ozzy just created Ozzy. Nothing else.

Also, I left Slayer off my list.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:54:03 pm by Rooster »