Author Topic: Inactive Account Purge  (Read 673 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Inactive Account Purge
« on: January 08, 2006, 09:24:59 pm »
In an effort to clean up some spam accounts, I deleted all inactive accounts.  What does this mean?  Well, when someone registers, they're sent an email saying "Click here to validate your account".  This verifies that the email address belongs to the person who created the account, and prevents accounts with spoofed emails from posting.  This is a common procedure to cut down on trolling and to prevent spam.

However, it seems that some people either weren't getting the verification emails, or weren't clicking them, or something.  Those accounts were deleted, and the creators can make new accounts if they wish.

No active accounts were deleted in this process.  All the deleted accounts had zero posts.

If anyone has trouble registering or validating their account, send an email to forum-admin@lupinia.us.  Also, if you created an account and did not receive an automated email within a day, contact me at that address to check on your email address.  Typos happen.

If your account was deleted, I apologize for the inconvenience.  Feel free to create a new one.

(Cross-posted to the forum and mailing list)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3