Author Topic: An idea I had - Weekly discussion topics?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • This be me. :B
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
An idea I had - Weekly discussion topics?
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »
Pardon me if this is in the wrong forum, but this is the closest thing to a suggestions forum I could find.

Anyway, for the last few days, I've been wondering how I could become more involved on FT, and help others become more involved on FT. The answer I've come up with is to hold a weekly discussion sort of thing, where I or someone else comes up with a discussion topic for the week to discuss it. Of course, certain ground rules will be laid out, and they will be PG of nature. These will also be actual topics to discuss, not just yes or no questions such as "Do you like tails?". Let's say if I were to hold a discussion on tails, I would find someway to make it a group discussion, by asking questions such as, "Why do you like tails? What's your opinion on someone who wears one?" and such. Okay, that was a really bad example, but that's the general gist of it. Also I'm not planning on these to be mind-boggling deep. Some might be deeper than others, but I'm definitely not planning this to be some sort of psycho analysis kind of thing.

And to prevent these topics from cluttering up the forum, maybe a mod could lock a topic once a new one is posted and move it to The Vault?

I'm just wondering what other people think of this idea? The main goal is to help get people more active on FT, for people to get to know each other more, and things like that.

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • The Farther Shore
Re: An idea I had - Weekly discussion topics?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:14 am »
I fully support this motion. However, I believe this should be run past Eddy first since the debate board is his baby after all.

But seriously. Great idea! Very well thought out and organized! I would be willing to put my full cooperation behind it!

"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:21:19 am »
I'm glad you like my idea! :3

I wasn't planning on making it a debate as much as an actual discussion, so I was thinking of posting it into General Chatter.

But If it's more suitable for the debate forum, I'll gladly post it there if the idea gets okayed. ^^ I'm just scared that if I post it in the debate forum, everyone will start arguing with each other, which completely defeats the purpose of this. xD

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 48
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:09:42 am »
I think its an interesting idea. Perhaps we could sticky the topic for the duration of the week.  General Chatter would be appropriate for a good natured discussion.

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 04:31:52 pm »
Stickying the topic is a very good idea! I hadn't thought of doing that. :3

I'm thinking of posting new topics every Sunday, would that be a good date? The reason I picked Sunday is because I have the most free time on Sunday, and it's also the beginning of the week. So Sunday-Saturday the topic would be discussed, and on Sunday the old topic could be locked and moved so I can post the new topic?

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • The Farther Shore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 09:13:38 pm »
Stickying the topic is a very good idea! I hadn't thought of doing that. :3

I'm thinking of posting new topics every Sunday, would that be a good date? The reason I picked Sunday is because I have the most free time on Sunday, and it's also the beginning of the week. So Sunday-Saturday the topic would be discussed, and on Sunday the old topic could be locked and moved so I can post the new topic?

Sounds like a plan Kaci!

If you need any help getting anything set up, or even requesting that the topic would be stickied, you know where to find me.
"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:16:24 am »
I like the idea actually! We could have a thread for suggesting topics and then let it go for a week, and then lock it up with conclusions. Where should we do it? The Debate board or General?

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:29:25 pm »
I think we should do it in the General forum, since they're meant to be general furry discussions rather then debates on furry.

And I'm glad people are liking my idea so far! It makes me all happy. ^o^

So shall I make a post asking what people would be interested to talk about?