Author Topic: Great characters in video games  (Read 5470 times)

Offline thepassenger

• Red Level
  • Candy: 1
Re: Great characters in video games
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 06:34:09 am »
its a hard one seen as most of the populuar video game charcters seem to be almost without a personality eg master chief altiar gordon freeman but i think my favourite charcter ever if though he was non playable was grey fox from MGS1
All this i cannot bear to witness any longer cannot, the freedom of salvation take me home?

Offline Schism

• Retired Staff
  • Candy: 82
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 08:01:31 am »
Gordon Freeman and Gman from Half Life 2.  The Scout and Demoman from Team Fortress 2. The Survivors from Left 4 Dead. What else can I say, I'm a Valve fanboy! They make great games!

Offline willnye

• Yellow Level
  • Candy: 5
  • Ich habe ein Überbeladung
  • Fursona Species: snowshoe hare
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 08:15:34 am »
its a hard one seen as most of the populuar video game charcters seem to be almost without a personality eg master chief altiar gordon freeman but i think my favourite charcter ever if though he was non playable was grey fox from MGS1
Gordon Freeman and Gman from Half Life 2.  The Scout and Demoman from Team Fortress 2. The Survivors from Left 4 Dead. What else can I say, I'm a Valve fanboy! They make great games!

I like the lack of explanation guys.

Offline Schism

• Retired Staff
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 08:34:06 am »
If you want me to elaborate, sure I will.

Gordon Freeman- Perfect example of nerd-turned badass. What's better than someone who can kick the Combine's ass but at the same time, be a super genius? Gordon Freeman will beat you with a crowbar! And if that's not enough, he cut open your skull and plant a bomb in it!

Gman- So mysterious... since not much is known about Gman, I can't say a lot. But all I know is that in HL2, he is pretty much runnin' the show so.... yeah.

The Scout- BONK! What's better to lighten up the mood in a gorey, blood-filled shooter than a nice exclamation of "need a dispenser here!" Plus, he's representin' my hometown!

Demoman-KABOOOM! A black, Scottish cyclops! A powerful class, some humor thrown in and... KABLOOEY!! (he's also good for taking out sentries)

L4D Survivors- Aaaah. I don't feel like explaining this one. Play the game, love it, rant about it for me.

Offline willnye

• Yellow Level
  • Ich habe ein Überbeladung
  • Fursona Species: snowshoe hare
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 09:23:27 am »
When has gordon freeman ever cut open someones skull and put a bomb in it....
Also I like how the total sum of his work duties was pushing a cart lol

Offline Schism

• Retired Staff
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 10:40:33 am »
I don't want to get off topic with the favorite game characters thing, but I thought that was how he killed the Nihilanth in Half Life 1. And he went to MIT so he has to be some sort of genius. You never know what other duties he could have had at Black Mesa

Offline SGT. Zera R. Yarano

• Orange Level
  • Candy: 17
  • Psychopathic, xenophiliac; addictive, unvindictive
  • Awards:
    Flag - crasher
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 02:12:18 pm »
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-081108.php
yes, I did steal borrow this from Awkward Zombie.com, and I find it fairly explanitory why I both support Metal Gear yet can't entirely take it seriously.

Go there. Have funny.
www.awkwardzombie.com

Offline H2o2go

• marksman furry
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 14
    • FurAffinity - h2o2go
    • Twitter - @Rio_guy1
    • Bloody Borzoi Comic
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2012, 10:07:16 am »
Dr. Gordon freeman
When I started walking and I looked down and I saw on the floor this water, which looked like, you know, water in your basement...  except, however it happened to be in the auxiliary building of a nuclear power plant...

Offline ChamAltonB

• I like turtles
  • Orange Level
  • I like trains
    • Twitter - ChamsGhost
  • Fursona Species: Tox (Tiger/Fox) (Alts Kab-Snowy Owl and Bob-Penguin)
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »
2 chericters form the same game

Concer-Concers bad fur day: a talking squrl whos main wepon is a frying pan and there are sevral things that makes this colorfull game rated T one is the over use of the words "shit" and "crap" this game also cusses but it is sensord its for the Nintendo 64

Mighty Poo-Concers bad fur day: A giant singing pile of poop no Rily it sings AND flings peasis of its self (poop) at you and when it opes its mouth you throw toilitpaper at it
FFT3acrw~CF3acrw A- C Dm H+++ M- P+ R+ T+++ W Z Sm++ RLM* a- cn+ d+ e-- f h* i j++ p sm

Ponies! *hugs*

Offline Salem Ambrogio

• Salem Kills Kittens
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 9
  • I've got a method to my madness.
    • DeviantArt - SalemKillsKittens
    • Amateur Website :D
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:06 am »
My favorite videogame characters  are:
Big Boss Snake- he carries out his mission and keeps the philosopher's legacy (the main goal) safe from both his enemy and a friend who turns out to be a spy for China even after being electrocuted and having one of his eyes shot out. The guy had the instinct to kill his former tutor because it was part of the mission.

Sora- taken from his home and friends, he learns to fight and destroy the forces of evil while remaining so innocent and retaining a childish sort of hope. Great character to portray that anything is possible if you've got heart.

sephiroth- unfair advantage, scary theme song, fearsome battle tactics accompanied by his ability to fly and his oversized sword allowing for nasty ranged swipes. This guy was the first character that I was really afraid to fight because i knew defeat was gonna be swift.

pyramid head- the borderline 8 foot tall beast with a large metal pyramid for a head lumbers around silent hill, torturing the damned. Malicious and brutal.
kik: SalemKillsKittens

Offline Dakota Ikiru

• Sock's Favorite Child
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 20
  • Best Forum Lurker 2015
    • DeviantArt - cante42
    • Twitter - @dakninelives
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:36 am »
Favorite:
Link. He is just a dude that if you asked him to do housework for free, he would do it.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
OPEN THE DOOR
GET ON THE FLOOR
EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

Offline ChamAltonB

• I like turtles
  • Orange Level
  • I like trains
    • Twitter - ChamsGhost
  • Fursona Species: Tox (Tiger/Fox) (Alts Kab-Snowy Owl and Bob-Penguin)
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:30 am »
Favorite:
Link. He is just a dude that if you asked him to do housework for free, he would do it.
and the guy that would mow the lawn and destroy ALL your pots,vaces,and other glass containers evin if you asked him NOT to
FFT3acrw~CF3acrw A- C Dm H+++ M- P+ R+ T+++ W Z Sm++ RLM* a- cn+ d+ e-- f h* i j++ p sm

Ponies! *hugs*

Offline Dakota Ikiru

• Sock's Favorite Child
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 20
  • Best Forum Lurker 2015
    • DeviantArt - cante42
    • Twitter - @dakninelives
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 01:39:40 am »
Favorite:
and the guy that would mow the lawn and destroy ALL your pots,vaces,and other glass containers evin if you asked him NOT to
Hehe, you've got a point.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
OPEN THE DOOR
GET ON THE FLOOR
EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

Offline Wolfy

• "Graaaaape"!
  • Orange Level
  • Candy: 14
  • Scrum num num
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 07:42:14 pm »
Well lets have a little think about this.

Jill valentine. She is a beast. Want shit killed? All she needs is her potato peeler of a knife and whatever it is WILL die.

Tanya. For some reason handguns beat lines of rifle wielding troops. Now when coupled with a captured cloning vats... :rambo:

Clayton carmine and Sam. Because Clayton is a freaking freight train of unstoppable death and Sam because I love the accent and I like the actor.

I WUV MAH KITTIES!

Offline DarkSky

• Хантер
  • Red Level
  • Candy: 0
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 02:15:34 pm »
Altaír Ibn-La'Ahad
Alex Mercer
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Nico Bellic
Laurence "Prophet" Barnes

Offline Skiggy the Skag

• Green Level
  • Candy: 26
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 06:05:48 pm »
Galmar Stone-fist from Skyrim, he's racist, but his voice reminds me of my voice at a football game(American)
Wrex and Joker from mass effect.

Offline Tysavarin

• One Guy in this forum will get a free avatar by me.... just Pm me!
  • Red Level
  • Candy: 1
  • who decided about dying peacefully?
    • DeviantArt - Tysavarin
    • Twitter - ardiansergal409
    • Ty's gallery
  • Fursona Species: Sergal
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »
The Pilots from Dodonpachi resurrection
They are send back to 2008 Tokyo to prevent a army of robots from destroying the future.after they accomplish their mission their commander destroys the aircraft carrier but they survived, the commander thinks the future is better now, they don't need pilots like them so the commander faced the pilots himself.
After the battle they survived the onslaught of their commander. And returns to base safely.
they could wipe out an entire army with just 3 Fighterjets

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Candy: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »
Garrosh Hellscream! Pretty badass imo and Gamon hes been with us FOREVER and also Chen Stormstouts
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:45:58 pm by Malifor »