Author Topic: Recent Offensive Behaviour Toward a User: Please Read  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Recent Offensive Behaviour Toward a User: Please Read
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:59:32 pm »
Recently, one of this site's members posted a thread asking for advice on an issue that was upsetting her.  This is nothing new, we have an entire board dedicated to giving advice and support.  However, in this case, it was a very serious issue; she had been the victim of sexual assault.  There are a number of things that should and should not be said to the victim of something like that, which are taught in-depth by training programs for abuse hotline operators, but the vast majority of them are common sense.

However, in response to this thread, several long-time members of this site pretty much told this person everything wrong that they could.  They told her that her traumatic experience was normal, that it was her fault, and that she should just "suck it up", among other things.  One user even went so far as to directly attack another user in the thread just for trying to defend the original poster.  Ladies and gentlemen, this behaviour is absolutely unacceptable on this forum.

This site has built itself with a reputation for being a supportive, safe, and welcoming environment for teens.  Our rules and operating policies have been carefully constructed to create a positive atmosphere, with emphasis on mutual respect for other members.  This is not 4chan or Something Awful.  If someone posts here with a serious problem, they can safely expect a serious answer.  Blaming the victim for an assault is not acceptable.  Insulting other members is not acceptable.

Disciplinary actions have been taken against those involved in this issue.  If this ever happens again, action will be taken swiftly and harshly.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Kaisyu

• Candies: 0
About the latest abuse on Furry Teens !
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 05:23:05 pm »
I just want to say, I am not shock by this because on the internet " IF IT CAN BE THOUGHT OF IT WILL BE DONE " it was only a matter of time before, it got so bad that peoples mental states would be thought as ( PLAY TOYS ) to which the person would try to bend, and the more people who keep doing this will only SUPPORT the creation of INTERNET 2 which will EXTREMELY LIMIT peoples online use making the internet not open and free !

PS: Sorry for being so random but the things i have been seeing on the internet is really sad its so sad that the group or person who is doing it would be thought as a monster and I hate thinking about people that way all the time its really blows !  :shock:

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: About the latest abuse on Furry Teens !
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »
Thank you for your input, but just because this sort of thing happens elsewhere doesn't mean it's acceptable here.  This site is better than that, and this represents a major violation of the founding principles of the site.

Merged with the thread I started, and unlocked, if anyone else wants to discuss this.  However, this site policy is not up for debate, it's been in place for over five years.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:28:48 pm by Natasha Softpaw »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Kaisyu

• Candies: 0
Re: Recent Offensive Behaviour Toward a User: Please Read
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 05:30:12 pm »
Thank you for your input, but just because this sort of thing happens elsewhere doesn't mean it's acceptable here.  This site is better than that, and this represents a major violation of the founding principles of the site.

Merged with the thread I started, and unlocked, if anyone else wants to discuss this.  However, this site policy is not up for debate, it's been in place for over five years.
But was it like I thought someone just using another person's mental state for laughs ?, because that  what it sounds like, and i feel sorry for that person also it must blow to have that done to you !

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:14 pm »
Hm, that is a bit destressing. I have always thought this site as a place where even if you don't get along with everybody, there was still a lot of respect to everyone.
Well, hopefully this can be put in the past, and things can go back to normal.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Seika

• Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • The Farther Shore
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 01:09:03 am »
This a community for people to find a safe haven in. Some of our members have had very traumatic and distressing things happen to them. Everyone should and for the most part has respected that. We're all from very different backgrounds and discrimination isn't tolerated

Just remember the saying "You respect me, i respect you". Just because you may not agree with what someone has to say, respect their opinion. Who knows? Maybe it'll open up some insight into a new train of thought.

"Therefore there is not anything which returns to nothing, but all things return dissolved into their elements."

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:55:31 am »
Personally, the unfitting post, that I hope she didn't see before I edited it, was due to a misunderstanding.
I truly regret posting it, now that I have realized what the real situation was.
So, I personally apologize, but I dunno about the rest who continued after the situation had been clarified by other posters...
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality