Author Topic: My first con!  (Read 547 times)

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
My first con!
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:31:04 am »
Well!  It's just been confirmed that the friend I'd been trying to make arrangements to go to Morphicon with is up for it.  To make a long story short, I don't drive yet, I'm not particularly enthused about dragging either of my parents along to a con, and I don't think they'd be too keen on me bumming a ride with a fur I met online.  But I have a friend from school, albeit a non-furry one, who's a fan of "Kevin and Kell" (whose creator is the guest of honor at Morphicon this year), lives right near Columbus, and had already invited me to come visit him before which I'd had to decline.  So I talked with him about the possibility of me going down to visit him right after finals, and us going to the con on the weekend.  No mess, no fuss, no money wasted staying at the hotel.  According to the email I just got from him, I've sold him AND his local friend on the idea.  So next Friday, God willing, I will be in Columbus with a self-made badge bearing the name "Firehazard" (my actual fursona, which none of you have seen thus far) and a couple of very bewildered newbs. ;)  I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm excited as heck.

Jake, you said you live in Wooster... don't suppose you'll be there, will you?

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 48
Re: My first con!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:05:06 am »
Awesome!  I remember the first con my mate and I went to... he had his Dad take him!  Lol I left a really bad impression on his father that day!  Well, the best thing you can do is hope your parents keep a good attitude (In best case scenario, they'd love to become involved with the con too!).  Have fun, cons are really fun!

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
Re: My first con!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 07:56:50 pm »
Mother you gotta take me to a con if I can visit it would be so kewl ^.^