Author Topic: Call of Juarez 2  (Read 435 times)

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
Call of Juarez 2
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:49:32 am »
Picked it up today, thought I'd right a review.

The gun play is done well, nice variety of period correct (well, 'western movie correct, everyone is running around with cap-and-ball cartridge conversions, Peacemakers, and Schofields even though the majority of the game takes place in the 1850's), weapons that function properly- i.e. no double action Peace makers, graphics are pretty damn decent, and the cover system is very slick; I hope more FPS games adopt one like it.

You get up behind something, the game registers that you are behind cover, and when you look in a direction you peak around the corner or the top or what have you, depending on which direction you take. Nice and seamless, none of that velcro'd  to the wall garbage.

Online is fun, has everything you'd expect in shooter multiplayer, in addition to a 'Western Legends' playlist- think things like Wild West Bank robberies.

The story is standard Western fair, and is mostly linear, though there are some sandbox segments.

All in all, I'd give it about an 8/10. Nothing earth shattering, but a good solid game which is unfortunately rare for the western genre.

Pick it up if you like the Wild West bent, or just a decent game to play while you wait for the next big release. Retails for $40 new at game stop, so it's a good value as well.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012