Author Topic: What Kind Of Fur Are You?  (Read 25594 times)

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
What Kind Of Fur Are You?
« on: June 25, 2006, 03:25:02 pm »
If you feel comfortable revealing and discussing it, what kind of furry life do you lead on a day to day basis? Anyone from just an artist to the hardest core fursuiter is welcome to share their experiences, opinions, and advice.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Re: What Kind Of Fur Are You?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:48:21 pm »
I guess you could say I'm a furry artist a bit with my Series Of Craptastic Events XP other then that I just wear the basic tail and collar around whenever I feel like. Also whenever I find a good game with furry animals as the main chars I usually buy them like I did yesterday for $10 X3 Right now my friend is devloping some sketches for my partial fursuit which I hope I can get done before end of the year =^.^= And in some cases I act a bit like my choosen animal whenever I feel secure I suppose.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:00:21 am »
kinda the same as sinmbe, less the furs suit and coller.  I have a tail though, and might make one that wags.  i also have a tendency to act rather wolfish at times :)
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 05:43:48 pm »
Furry Artist.

Offline Seraph Vulpine

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Dracul Va Domni Din Nou
    • http://www.myspace.com/tehjaadmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 05:49:35 pm »
General Furry, have a Tail, suck at art,meh...
Seven years of age is he and already in bloody war
His eyes do not turn away from all that death and gore
Father Dracul and brother Mircea are riding by his side
Proud he is of his warrior father, no matter he lied!

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
  • Candies: 14
  • *gasp* A BLUE WOLF!!! wait, that's me. ^_^''
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:03:50 pm »
im a furry artist, i like to wear things around my neck though.
people question my art saying "why do yoou draw cat people?" or "why do you draw people with anmal ears and tails?" they also say "draw normal people instead of cartoons" the only person that didnt question my art was my schools art teacher/counselor and the librarian. matter of fact the librarian wanted me to start a manga, which i have just started.
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mixtags/ <--my art gallery

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 09:41:19 pm »
people question my art saying "why do yoou draw cat people?" or "why do you draw people with anmal ears and tails?" they also say "draw normal people instead of cartoons" the only person that didnt question my art was my schools art teacher/counselor and the librarian. matter of fact the librarian wanted me to start a manga, which i have just started.

Thats awesome with the manga part and by seeing the few things you already posted I think its going to turn out great ^.^ Though are you going to ink the lines or just do pencil shading fro everything?

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:45 pm »
I wish I had a tail... :'(

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:20 am »
mostly, i'm a fan. i love furry art, though i can't draw. i'd get a costume, but i haven't had much luck finding an affordable scalie costume. :(
but the best part of being a furry, to me, is hangin out with other furries! ^_^

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:57 am »
but the best part of being a furry, to me, is hangin out with other furries! ^_^

aye, tis the family that's the best part! :lion:
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:01:12 pm »

Thats awesome with the manga part and by seeing the few things you already posted I think its going to turn out great ^.^ Though are you going to ink the lines or just do pencil shading fro everything?

I think what im going to do is draw it, then go back and fix problems, then ink it. but i will probably keep pencil shading in it.
That way it wont be too bad for the most part.
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 11:12:27 pm »
I guess I would say that I'm a furry artist. I act a little like a cat every now and then too.

I should ink my work before I scan but i'm to lazy  :sleep:

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 01:46:41 pm »
[Yeah, i started the thread and haven't posted yet. Don't judge me!]

I'm both too poor and sheltered to own any furry paraphanelia (though I stole a pair of wolf ears that my friend made ^_*), and too artistically declined to be an artist. I guess that makes me...nothing?

I do act animalistic quite often, but I am basically alone in my furriness. Wahh...

Offline Salina Amaya

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 11:30:08 am »
Well I am not an artist so thats out... I bought a cat mask and I need to pain that...  :chococat: hehe can't wait. I'm getting a pair of cat ears shortly... I act very catish and just last night a friend of mine was petting my hair and I was purring... I meow a lot too. Oh I just love kitties!!  :heart:
I luffles my friends from Furc! LucienOdinGodsline and Kimouru_Hasagara! They are the bestest!

The butcherys irrational...yet meticulous and delibrate. Altogether a different breed of killer.

One day I will find a guy who will dance in the rain with me... and then I shall be content.

The chickens can see me... and if the chickens can see me only god knows what else can see me...or who else.

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 06:42:31 pm »
I live in the countryside, but near a forest. One of my favorite activities is going for romps in the woods, that's when the true fox comes out. The solitude and openness lets me be who I really am, free from the constraints of this so called "society." And for you sickos out there, no, I don't romp nekkid. Poison ivy is not fun in some places. ;)

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 06:47:35 pm »
i wish i had more solitude.  :cry-wuf:

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 07:21:15 pm »
Solitude is good, but in small amounts. The lack of both human and furry interaction can wear on a fox. The nearest fur to me and the only one that I have ever met is LC, but even then it's a good 15 minute drive to her place. I'd prefer more friends over more solitude.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 08:12:02 pm »
Well, let's see.  I own ears and a tail, as well as some other character items.  I'm somewhat of an author.  I host a furry community/domain.

My mate and I are talking about getting fursuits this winter.  His is easy, a male otter (his alt character, there are gobs of foxes).  My alt, a female grey wolf, is less easy.  For one thing, I'd need to lose weight so I would be more believable as a girl.  I also need to work on body expressions and such.  I don't do anything halfway :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:35 am »
My parents wont let me get anything furre related.  :sad-fox: :sad-fox: :sad-fox: It sucks i know. I actually bite stuff sometimes cause im an M-shift. Ask Lucien.  :fox-:P: I dunno why but i get aminal inshtinkst!>.< that was wierd translation: Animal instincts
yah...... whatever
"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway
Oh take me from the hospital bed
Wouldn't it be grand? It ain't exactly what you planned.
And wouldn't it be great If we were dead? "
www.freewebs.com/kimouru <- My site :o

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 04:10:11 am »
Anything I can do to help, Kimo. Let me see if I can find that article, it's really interesting...*rummages through link history*...AHA!

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Therian

It's kind of neat, enjoy it!  :fox-;):