Author Topic: What Kind Of Fur Are You?  (Read 26596 times)

Offline Kity

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
  • New FT Member
Re: What Kind Of Fur Are You?
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2006, 10:56:19 pm »
How did you first learn about the fandom, and how did you create your fursona? I first heard of it from my friend while playing StarFox Adventures. (good times...i learned a lot about fox anatomy from Krystal
It's my birthday in 11 days! ^__^

Offline Spirit

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • Wolf with a purpose
    • Gallery
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2006, 12:23:34 am »
let's see...  i have a great love of the furry fandom.  I have 2 fursuits in my possesion and others that i am making to send to people.  I draw furry art and only recently started drawing mature furry art.  If put in a situation with another fur in a fursuit i can't say that I wont get a little yiffy but i don't think that full blown yiff in a fursuit is for me.  pretty much i am almost a full blown fur.  I became a fur when i was a child but i didn't realize that i was like most furs.  then my bf told me he was a fur and suddenly i realized why i loved him so much.  now we go to cons together and a wolfdragon couple and we have great fun with each other. I think that is it

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2006, 07:38:57 pm »
How did you first learn about the fandom, and how did you create your fursona? I first heard of it from my friend while playing StarFox Adventures. (good times...i learned a lot about fox anatomy from Krystal  :fox-;): ) I didn't think much of it for a while until I started reading so furry webcomics, like VGCats, Blue Crash Kit, Ozy and Millie, and Better Days. That's when I really started in the fandom.

My fursona, Lucien, is pretty nearly based on my RL self. He's more of an idealized me, and his fur is much softer than mine. O_o

There should be a full description of Lucien on the main site soon, if we can get uploads to work. Until then IM me if you want to read it!
I love better days! It's such a good comic!

Better Days is like one of teh best furry comics ever created in my opion ^.^ I like how he throws in every day situations from most peoples lives and makes a point with it or makes you laugh from it ^.^

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2006, 04:46:05 pm »
How did you first learn about the fandom, and how did you create your fursona? I first heard of it from my friend while playing StarFox Adventures. (good times...i learned a lot about fox anatomy from Krystal  :fox-;): ) I didn't think much of it for a while until I started reading so furry webcomics, like VGCats, Blue Crash Kit, Ozy and Millie, and Better Days. That's when I really started in the fandom.

My fursona, Lucien, is pretty nearly based on my RL self. He's more of an idealized me, and his fur is much softer than mine. O_o

There should be a full description of Lucien on the main site soon, if we can get uploads to work. Until then IM me if you want to read it!
I love better days! It's such a good comic!

Better Days is like one of teh best furry comics ever created in my opion ^.^ I like how he throws in every day situations from most peoples lives and makes a point with it or makes you laugh from it ^.^

Jay Naylor, the artist of Better Days, is starting a pirate-based comic that looks promising...I'm not sure if it's up yet. if you like better days, you may like www.sabrina-online.net

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2006, 01:41:07 am »
yup, better days is my favorite, aside from sabrina online

that new comic did start i believe, but i haven't read it yet. always seem too busy these days -_-
but, i'll bet it's good, judging from better days. :P

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2006, 10:51:26 am »
I just checked, they're a few comics into New Worlds. It's amazing, I love Naylor's art.

http://www.jaynaylor.com/nwcomic/

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2006, 12:47:33 pm »
That is pretty awsome. *ish amazed*

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Puppies are food! :P
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2006, 01:37:13 pm »
finally read it, it's off to a good start. :P
too bad there's only a few pages

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2006, 04:29:13 pm »
Knowing Naylor's record, he'll update pretty soon. Better Days will be coming to an end soon, when the storyline of Badly Drawn Kitties starts.

www.badlydrawnkitties.com

Too bad Mat Sherer ruins everything Naylor built up...

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2006, 12:21:58 am »
Thanks for posting the URL to the new series he is making ^.^

But the one thing I am intrested in is why would naylor end his Better Days series once that poorly drawn kitties thing starts? is he focusing his attention on that instead of Better Days after o.O?

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2006, 03:04:41 pm »
***SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!***

Badly Drawn Kitties was started by Mat Sherer using Naylor's characters, Lucy, Lydia and Fisk. The other characters are Sherer's own creations. Better Days was a project started by Naylor to explain the histories behind Lucy and Fisk. He plans to end the series where BDK starts, which is after Lucy starts her job (soon!), and to focus on New Worlds.

Naylor and Sherer had a falling out because of Sherer's butchery of the characters' personalities. (Wikipedia or Wikifur Better Days to read the whole story) This fight eventually ended with Sherer killing off Fisk. Either way, the series is an interesting one.

Offline Ross Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Iiiii'm a crazy rabid squirel....I want my COOKIE!
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2006, 03:59:12 pm »
That New Worlds one is really good!
My FA . How dull

"Its a non-stop disco betya its Nabisco bet ya didnt know, woohoo!"

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2006, 06:04:00 pm »
Told you so!

Offline Nanaku Chizure Shytano-Teishan

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 33
  • In the end,I will lick up your essence, your blood
    • Nanaku's Artwork
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2006, 12:29:39 pm »
I suppose Iwould be a furry artist. Not very successful though. I do have a few things that are, well more of a furry fursuit but I'm not really into that kind of stuff to that extent.
*smoochies, lovebites, and many other things...if you'll approve* The Collared One May Our Souls Be One As I Drink The Essence Of Your Energy As I Fight For Feralys
'FC1.Fv~ S$MA1+++++ S$^Other G$+ G$^Bi-fem
^Bi-male H$5'8"-f W$155-n T$3 -f W$6-f A$18 M$+ H$+++ M$++ M$Demon
^Dark_Mage P$+++ F$+++++++++ S$+ N$Nanaku'

Offline tornwulf

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 6
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2006, 10:45:15 am »
I just finished reading all of "Better Days", I really liked it and the thought of it ending makes me sad. I started to read BDK but it... just freakin' sucks. I liked Fisk and I want him back. Also they weren't kidding when they called it "Badly Drawn". :sad-fox:

Oh... I guess I should make this post relevent... I've been in the fandom for a little over two years... I think...
No one irl knows I'm a furre, and I have very limited art skills.
The only accessory I have is a collar that I wear when I'm alone.

Yes I'm a collared wolf, gotta problem with it and I'll chomp yer face.

:badger:

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2007, 04:17:22 am »
After well over a year in the fandom. I really don't know what I am anymore. Not that it matters much anymore.

Offline CodeCat

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Flying Dutchfur
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2007, 08:38:08 am »
I'm mostly on IRC, but apart from that I don't really do that much. I've been to Eurofurence though and it was a blast.

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2007, 11:18:15 am »
Hmm... for the most part, I hide my furry side in scociety, otherwise I like writing furry, looking up furry art, reading furry, I REALY want to try fursuiting, ect... however I have come clean with my mother, grand parents, my moms fience, my best friend, and a number of girls, all of whome accepted me and such... however I still hide it from the general public, mainly because this province has a high homophobia rate, and they like to make un nessesary conections, like if there is a furry pic with the character without under pants, they automatocaly think "GAY!" maybe I will be a bit more open when I move where hopfully there arent as many homophobes(I know there will still be some, just maybe that they wont come in freakin horeds and being the general population)
*My fursona: -Anthro Dragon(Shapeshifter)
-wears collar and tail-strap...
-Color found here, http://blackfox1210.deviantart.com/art/Zeth-2-0-93337840
-has a long tail(Thick and about 1/2 his size, 6' 4")
-digitgrade feet

I'm revoking your right to have a species. You are now an amoeba >.>

Offline Mexikitten

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:15 pm »
 :shock:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 02:26:53 am by Mexikitten »

Offline Fenn

• Thanks guys, for everything. But I don't think this is my lot in life anymore. Contact me via email if you want to stay in touch with me, or maybe on Xbox Live. But I'm pretty much shedding my fur.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2007, 06:54:20 pm »
i'm an EXTREMELY novice artist (with not much time and a lot of nothing to show for it lol), a writer, lover of the furry art and lit, and i've pondered getting a fursuit later in life (not a good idea to get one now, 'cause i'll just grow out of it. and they are a bit expensive to grow out of imo lol). i've always loved furry stuff, and never knew there was a fandom about it until about... a year ago i think. my best friend knows i'm furry, and i really don't care much if anyone else finds out. i hope to start going to cons too, they look like a lot of fun (the first con of any kind i'll go to is BlizzCon with my brother the next time we get the chance).
So long, and thanks for all the fish.