Author Topic: What Kind Of Fur Are You?  (Read 25548 times)

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
Re: What Kind Of Fur Are You?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 05:02:28 am »
How did you first learn about the fandom, and how did you create your fursona? I first heard of it from my friend while playing StarFox Adventures. (good times...i learned a lot about fox anatomy from Krystal  :fox-;): ) I didn't think much of it for a while until I started reading so furry webcomics, like VGCats, Blue Crash Kit, Ozy and Millie, and Better Days. That's when I really started in the fandom.

My fursona, Lucien, is pretty nearly based on my RL self. He's more of an idealized me, and his fur is much softer than mine. O_o

There should be a full description of Lucien on the main site soon, if we can get uploads to work. Until then IM me if you want to read it!

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 03:12:52 pm »
I found out about it watching some TV show on TLC and I was like kewl :3 so I started doing research about it for about a month since it struck my intrest and then I actually joined like september 1st in 2003 I believe. And I like the furry fandom alot since its unquie and has alot of nice people compared to mean ones I noticed :fox-;):

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 08:12:00 pm »
They had a show about the furry fandom on TLC? I thought the preempted the interesting stuff in favor of "Trading Spaces" and shows about little people. Cool.

I like the nice people here too! *hugs everyone*

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: -7723
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 12:14:11 am »

And what about me? :'(

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2006, 01:28:03 pm »
They had a show about the furry fandom on TLC? I thought the preempted the interesting stuff in favor of "Trading Spaces" and shows about little people. Cool.

Well I have only seen it shown twice ever and the show was called like "animal imtators"(sp?) I think and they cover basically the different aspects the people view themselves as. Like the spirtual, mental and physical aspects kind of stuff. Probally the only programm where I didn't us portrayed as pervs.... at least I don't remember.

Offline fangluva

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 08:45:03 am »
I'm the kinda person who loves the furry world but doesn't have a fursona.
I suck so bad at drawing that I've reverted to vector art, but with vector it's very difficult to get much detail into a picture without a heap of frustrating work so those pics suck as well.
Burning Sheep Productions

Offline NobodySpecial

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 11:09:16 am »
Been into it for the sake of art and interaction ( Not everyone are sex crazed maniacs.) I used to be quite the role player back in the day, not so much anymore though. I don't call myself an artist because I personally don't feel I am at that great of level but i do like drawing anthropomorphic characters, I wouldn't mind going to a couple cons and trying on a fursuit, they actually seem fun to wear.I  suppose i woudln't mind getting a step or two deeper into this fandom, all in good fun anyhow, well of course I see a smokin hot dame and all. Haha.  :lol-fox:
"Did you just "Lol" on me?"

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 11:53:54 am »
It's sometimes very hard to attend cons: they are very far away for me! I hope to attend one in Montreal this summer, but it doesn't look like i'll be able to get a ride there. Wahhhh... :sad-fox:

Offline Apollo Shirak

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • yah whatever
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 03:14:09 am »
mostly i just hang on furc, i can't let my family know i'm a furre cause they'd freak and i think most of my two friends (i use the term loosely) would also
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Always acknowledge a fault frankly. This will throw those in authority off guard and allow you opportunity to commit more.

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:10 am »
Well... i am like an artist with no convention... Wait.. I am a Furry Artist wif no Furry Convention!!this stinks. Im stuck in kansas (Well New York Right now...) where there ARE NO conventions by me.... plus being here in New York in like.. Schnectady County is booooooring

"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway
Oh take me from the hospital bed
Wouldn't it be grand? It ain't exactly what you planned.
And wouldn't it be great If we were dead? "
www.freewebs.com/kimouru <- My site :o

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 10:06:26 pm »
Yes...living in the middle of nowhere can be hard. I have 48 acres of trails behind me, but trees get rather...repetitive. Hopefully I meet some more furs in college. I like people that understand me.

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 11:01:16 pm »
It is hard living out in the country, because I do.

...yet I drive many miles to school, which seems to be almost like your typical city-school: druggies, pushers, jocks, goths, etc. All of which, typically, make fun of furry artwork and tend to use furry to insult even those who just like animals. Needless to say, I don't let these people know I am one.

I'm hoping to meet more Furs when I go to college soon as well--especially considering I'll be only about an hour or so drive from Kansas City (Missouri).
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 04:48:48 am »
LOL, I happen to love living in the middle of nowhere.  Cities make me claustrophobic after about a week.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 12:51:46 pm »
Blech...glad I'm done with high school. I couldn't stand the ignorance any longer. Very few people knew what furries were, and even fewer knew that I am one. Nonetheless, I put up with a lot of crap for not conforming to the mindless male stereotype. *sigh*

39 days until college...

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 02:30:14 pm »
I used to like living in the middle of nowhere, but lately... I don't know. I'm a social cat, I need other fur contact; I need cuddles. ;;
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:52 pm »
Well most people think Men=simple and women=COMPlICATED... I hate stereotypes... its just the man trying to PUT US DOWN!!!!..sorry.... Anyway i am the MOST complicated person i know in RL.... Sean is moderate and Sam is getting stuck with the 10% of men who actually fit the description. I am the ONlY furry i know out here in Kansas... check the frappr... ;-; im so lonely... *sings Mar. Lonely* "lonlee i'm so lonleee i have nobodeee to caaalll my owwn"

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »
Actually, after sitting and watching people in my school one day, I actually found out that men=complicated, and women=not so complicated. Or maybe that's just because I'm a woman. ...bah!

Anyways, how do you check the frappr? -Never heard of it, seen it, etc. Sorry for the newbishness.-

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 11:41:32 pm »
Well i am very complicated and bite people even when they don't make me mad.... Its Uki's fault... :/ check my Alter Ego thread...

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 04:49:36 am »
Time for another reminder about a another great thing called the IFPL which is a service for locating other furs in your vinicity. So go on google and search it up if your intrested in hoping to meet other furs IRL though alot on that service are like 23+ years old.  But the more furs know about it the easier it can be finding furs in your area. So ya just a FYI thingy for you guys ^.^

Offline FireHazard

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • The tiger with the flaming tail!
    • Podunk U
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 09:11:44 am »
Time for another reminder about a another great thing called the IFPL which is a service for locating other furs in your vinicity. So go on google and search it up if your intrested in hoping to meet other furs IRL though alot on that service are like 23+ years old.