Author Topic: Wacom Bamboo  (Read 816 times)

Offline Figaccdgi

• who?
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • Leeving Erth for no raisin
    • FurAffinity - figaccdgi
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Wacom Bamboo
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:09:33 am »
So a little while back, I got a wacom bamboo. http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboo.php

I have the small version of the bamboo. Wacom also sells a medium version which is a lot more expensive. But you shouldn't need the larger sizes, as the small works very well for drawing. There's also the bamboo fun. It comes with a mouse. And that's about it.

It's honestly the funnest I've ever had drawing ever. And being able to use layers and not worrying about pencils/paper/erasers makes drawing a lot easier.

It takes some getting used to though. As you now have to look up from where you're drawing. You won't be able to go directly from paper to digital and still retain the same ammount of skill. But after some practice, you get used to it. And the end product ends up looking better than it could have been on paper.

It's also great for being in the closet! As you don't have to hide sketchbooks. You can now hide drawings like you would your sexay pr0ns.

Overall, I think the Bamboo was definitely worth the money. I would probably recommend it to anyone who's interested in drawing.

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
Re: Wacom Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:24:41 am »
Ooh, Bamboo review? Bring it on.

I bought my Bamboo a little more than a year ago. I gotta be honest, worst money ever spent. My USB cord breaks every month for no reason. And holy crap USB cords are expensive. So I can't even use my tablet most of the time.
The rough texture of the surface makes the nib on the tablet pen go blunt very fast.  And if you're like me and try to use the tablet pen to the very last moment you possibly can then you're screwed because then the nib ends up being too small for you to get out, even with pliers.

Overall, it's a good tablet to start out with if you're a beginner, but definitely not something I'd recommend for someone who wants to do serious art. It sucks too much to let you do that.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Figaccdgi

• who?
  • Orange Level
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:42:03 am »
I bought my Bamboo a little more than a year ago. I gotta be honest, worst money ever spent. My USB cord breaks every month for no reason. And holy crap USB cords are expensive. So I can't even use my tablet most of the time.

So why do you continue to buy them? It seems like you could just buy another tablet if you were spending that much money. It's been 2 weeks and I have yet to see even one problem with it. The only problems I've had so far are with gimp. I'll update this if my usb breaks, but I'm doubting that it will.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 12:46:55 am by Figaccdgi »

Offline lucien

• Purple Level
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:48:15 am »
I don't continue to buy them, I just don't use my tablet because I don't have the money to replace them or get a new one.

And it didn't happen until about two months after I got it, so.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Figaccdgi

• who?
  • Orange Level
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:49 am »
My USB cord breaks every month for no reason. And holy crap USB cords are expensive. So I can't even use my tablet most of the time.

I don't continue to buy them, I just don't use my tablet because I don't have the money to replace them or get a new one.

How do you break one every month if you're not buying them?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:00:15 am by Figaccdgi »

Offline lucien

• Purple Level
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 01:06:37 am »
I have to have my friends give me spares ones they have >>

and srsly, do you have to instigate everything I say? The tablet sucks in my opinion, and I have problems with mine, just because I don't describe every little detail that happens to my tablet every second doesn't mean you should go after me.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 01:12:53 am »
I have the Bamboo Fun. It is awsome for those who enjoy graphic design, and other types of art. It is a bit hard to get used to, but with the mouse(which is wireless and requires no bateries, just the tablet) it is not only easyer to transition from mouse drawing, but it is still there for those who liketo switch it up a bit and still use the mouse for vector shapes. Plus switching from mouse to pen and back is done without modifying settings or loading, its simply swap and go... no load time and no advancedsettings to switch... just place and go.
I would recomend the Bamboo fun with the wider tablet simply cause it is a lot easyer for writing and is not as touchy when it comes to movement...
*My fursona: -Anthro Dragon(Shapeshifter)
-wears collar and tail-strap...
-Color found here, http://blackfox1210.deviantart.com/art/Zeth-2-0-93337840
-has a long tail(Thick and about 1/2 his size, 6' 4")
-digitgrade feet

I'm revoking your right to have a species. You are now an amoeba >.>

Offline Figaccdgi

• who?
  • Orange Level
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 03:54:54 am »
Bring it on.

and srsly, do you have to instigate everything I say? The tablet sucks in my opinion, and I have problems with mine, just because I don't describe every little detail that happens to my tablet every second doesn't mean you should go after me.

=D

Seriously though, if you don't like the tablet, that's cool. Everybody has their own opinions.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:57:26 am by Figaccdgi »