Author Topic: Do you consider your fursona original?  (Read 36500 times)

Offline Donny

• Cookies: 172
  • Oof!
    • FurAffinity - DonnytheFloof
    • Twitter - Donny the Fox
    • Furryteens
  • Fursona Species: Red fox
Re: Do you consider your fursona original?
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2018, 05:02:50 pm »
Donny's personality is original and unique I think. But I kinda wish I took more time to design him. Also, if I'm being completely honest, I sometimes wish I chose a different species for him because foxes are probably the most common in the fandom and I just feel a little uncreative for that ;~;
I know Donny has become sort of an "icon" around here and it would be a little sad to see him be replaced completely or his species change, though

• Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/they/them
Chaotic good - Science geek - Reader/Writer .http://www.thiscrush.com/~axlequartz

Icon by Arch!

Offline jello_magmortar

• not a borb, do not even start.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • drinking tea in a tree somewhere.
  • Fursona Species: bat/dragon mix
« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:45 pm »
Donny's personality is original and unique I think. But I kinda wish I took more time to design him. Also, if I'm being completely honest, I sometimes wish I chose a different species for him because foxes are probably the most common in the fandom and I just feel a little uncreative for that ;~;
I know Donny has become sort of an "icon" around here and it would be a little sad to see him be replaced completely or his species change, though
you could always just add something to his design?

Offline Fiinished

• Bamboozled by Bamboo.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • *Squeak.*
    • DeviantArt - fiinished
    • FurAffinity - Fiinished
    • LiveJournal - Fiinished #2585
  • Fursona Species: Qinling/Brown Panda.
« Reply #422 on: Yesterday at 11:24:26 am »
Quote from: Donny

Adding onto Jello, something as simple on to adding a splash of colour, like a slight change in colour palette or adding or removing some markings can make a refreshing and not so overwhelming change. At the end of the day though it's completely up to you. If you're comfortable with his design and you still love him overall as a character, then do not feel like you have to make changes. ^-^
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: I identify as female but all pronouns are acceptable.

Offline Serana

• THE Vampire Queen!
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 286
  • Edgy and Proud
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Sea Bunny
« Reply #423 on: Yesterday at 01:06:44 pm »
Along with what others have said for the design, for the species if you want the same design but a more original or even personal species you could always change the species but not the character. Especially since most people draw canines the same so for example going from fox to wolf shouldn't require much change design wise unless you want people to draw you sona as a fox, then there's always hybrids too!
I've seen a few people change their species but design was exactly the same, they just weren't connecting with that species ^^
Either way do what YOU want, if you wanna change him, change him. If you like him the way he is keep him, even if you feel he's unoriginal its your sona not others ^^
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Twitter / ThisCrush|

Offline Donny

• Cookies: 172
  • Oof!
    • FurAffinity - DonnytheFloof
    • Twitter - Donny the Fox
    • Furryteens
  • Fursona Species: Red fox
« Reply #424 on: Yesterday at 02:42:14 pm »
Thanks guys ^^

I'm still debating on a few things. I still have a connection with foxes, it's just....Not as strong of a connection as it once was?
I dunno. Maybe I should just make a new sona to go buy for a while.
I only have Donny and Chromium as fursonas now. The rest of my sonas have been bumped down to just characters. :/
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/they/them
Chaotic good - Science geek - Reader/Writer .http://www.thiscrush.com/~axlequartz

Icon by Arch!