Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Wolfie

• Future Composer of America
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Cute 'lil wolf
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:10 am »
 The Metal Gear Solid series is a spectacular collection of 4 main games, with a few spin-offs. Today I will be reviewing the 2nd and 3rd main games. Here we go, boys and girls. (And...those that are both or neither? :P)

Metal Gear Solid 2 received a perfect 10 from Game Informer Magazine for a reason. It is a stunning game with staggering graphics, especially for its time, and simply breathtaking music. The gameplay is stealthy, and the player uses a variety of weapons to get around a ship, and an offshore oil refinery. It takes place in New York City in 2007 for the ship mission, and 2009 for the oil platform. The player plays as Solid Snake on the ship, and a FOXHOUND agent codenamed Raiden for the oil refinery. The game takes approximately 13 hours to beat the first time around, and you might get a little bit lost in some places. So if you have to, you might want to use a walk-through the first time. The only complaint I have is that the cutscenes/movies, although they have spectacular graphics and sound, they are a little bit drawn out. A very good game, I strongly recommend it for anyone who likes stealth action games.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is quite possibly better than the 2nd game. It takes place in the 1960's, and is based upon the Cold War. Like the previous game, it too is split into 2 parts. The first is in the forests of the Soviet Union, the second is a week later at a base, nearby where the first one left off. The player plays as Solid Snake from his early years both times working as a FOX operative. The gameplay is very unique, as players have to worry not only being detected by the enemy, but food and camouflage as well. Players get food from rations, or buy catching live or dead animals and eating them. The player camouflages himself by using a variety of face paints and masks, and uniforms. The player uses many rifles and pistols, as well as things like mines and grenades, to protect himself from wildlife, and Soviet forces. The cut-scenes and music are simply breathtaking, and are much shorter than the previous game's. It is an extremely rare gem, and I would recommend it with everything I can to anyone.

Thanks for reading. These are very good games and I very very strongly recommend them.

--Foxxeh--
The youngest composer to live! :)
I love Schism <3

Offline Teemo

• Size doesn't mean everything you know!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 25
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
  • Fursona Species: Yordle
Re: Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:27:26 pm »
Metal Gear Solid 2 has to be my favorite of the MGS series, it had such a captivating storyline.
(I almost cried when Fortune died)
Not to mention the visual upgrade from the games before.
Although I really cant say much about MGS 3, seeing as my PS2 (May it rest in peace) died on me, so I never really got to play anything after 2.
♠♣Never underestimate the power of the scouts code♦♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTs0xdeMRDI
Though he is known as the Swift Scout, it is clear that Teemo is actually something else - the unrepentant assassin of Bandle City

Offline Slender Wolf

• Always watching
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • NⓍ Eyes
    • DeviantArt - SolidWolff
    • FurAffinity - solidwolf
  • Fursona Species: Slender,GreyWolf(hint of dragon),Unicorn
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »
I'm a little ticked how you didn't get the mgs3 story right.You play as Naked Snake(aka Big Boss)Solid,Liquid,and Solidus Snake are clones of BB.The game happens in a place that consists of jungle,canyon,swamp,prison,base,and more.If I remember correctly there is no week later, it is 1 part not 2.

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 02:40:09 am »
These games are great 4 is good too.
Oh and snake vs the monkeys is a fun and funny mini game in metal gear 3.
I cried at the end of 3.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:13 am »
I used to love the MGS series...until Splinter Cell came out and I realised that MGS is overblown with cinematics, the story makes literally NO sense, the stealth is poor compared to Splinter Cell, the acting is appalling, and the action not-fun.

Why? She killed a SEAL team - that makes her a murderer.

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:23:10 am »
I'm a little ticked how you didn't get the mgs3 story right.You play as Naked Snake(aka Big Boss)Solid,Liquid,and Solidus Snake are clones of BB.The game happens in a place that consists of jungle,canyon,swamp,prison,base,and more.If I remember correctly there is no week later, it is 1 part not 2.

Also, MGS 3 did have two parts, the Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater, which were a week apart. MGS 2 also had two parts, Tanker and Plant, which were two years apart.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:32:55 am by Natasha Softpaw »
  • Flag - original

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:58 am »
I used to love pony MGS series...until Splinter Cell came out and I realised that MGS is overblown wponyh cinematics, pony story makes lponyerally NO sense, pony stealth is poor compared to Splinter Cell, pony acting is appalling, and pony action not-fun.

That was the whole point Rooster. MGS was meant to be a deconstruction of 'spy movies', so everything's nutty and over the top.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Slender Wolf

• Always watching
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • NⓍ Eyes
    • DeviantArt - SolidWolff
    • FurAffinity - solidwolf
  • Fursona Species: Slender,GreyWolf(hint of dragon),Unicorn
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 03:09:54 pm »
Oh I feel like an idiot. I should of payed more attention to the story....

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:56:53 am »
I used to love the MGS series...until Splinter Cell came out and I realised that MGS is overblown with cinematics, pony story makes lponyerally NO sense, the stealth is poor compared to Splinter Cell, pony acting is appalling, and action not-fun.

That was the whole point Rooster. MGS was meant to be a deconstruction of 'spy movies', so everything's nutty and over the top.

Oh, so is that also why it was 25% playable game to 75% boring cutscene or people talking on their radio?

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »
I used to love the MGS series...until Splinter Cell came out and I realised that MGS is overblown with cinematics, pony story makes lponyerally NO sense, the stealth is poor compared to Splinter Cell, pony acting is appalling, and action not-fun.

Oh, so is that also why it was 25% playable game to 75% boring cutscene or people talking on their radio?

Does it matter, really? If you wanted an action game, go play Splinter Cell. Metal Gear Solid has always been about the story, right from the first game. I, for one, liked the fact that there was so much talking. It anchored the story completely, and while it may have been hard to understand for some, if you actually listened to it you would find that it was incredibly complicated, but it did make sense.
  • Flag - original