Author Topic: Mad Science!..maybe not....  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
Mad Science!..maybe not....
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:02:17 am »
Would anyone else here think it would be weird to WANT to have like..animal ears grafted on?  Im asking cause I might want to. As per my personal life... I don't have that many RL friends... I don't care so it wouldn't matter to me.  I might just put them on to look nice. I'm already fantasizing.... Really....
"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway
Oh take me from the hospital bed
Wouldn't it be grand? It ain't exactly what you planned.
And wouldn't it be great If we were dead? "
www.freewebs.com/kimouru <- My site :o

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: -7723
Re: Mad Science!..maybe not....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 11:23:22 am »
SCIENCE!!!
MUAHAHAHAHA!

Here's the basics of gene splicing.

And here's where we can begin with the mad science!

If scientists come up with a way to splice animal DNA into humans, to give them the physical characteristics of the animal, I would jump on it... Although, it's doubtful that they'd be able to find a way to do this in an already living human... It would probably have to be in the embryo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:27:07 am by Mike »

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 03:48:57 pm »
Although, it's doubtful that they'd be able to find a way to do this in an already living human... It would probably have to be in the embryo.

that's the trick right now for that method.  I have heard rumors of a company in Japan that will graft tails and the like onto people, but its suposed to be very expensive, and i havent found it online.
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 08:47:22 pm »
You -can- get your ears cut and then pointed like an animal's, and the lobe elongated a little. I believe this is what Stalking Cat did (tiger guy with tattoos, whiskers, puffed up cheeks, etc?).

I've looked into getting my ears modified and possibly piercings right above my lips and to either side of my nose for whiskers, myself. I just don't know if I could deal with the pain for the first days of it; though I'm definately, hopefully, getting a lioness over my heart and pawpads on the underside of my hands.

Any kind of body modification, short of the common piercings, tend to be expensive... but there are alot of things you can do, that you don't know you can (example: did you know you could have the skin between your thumb and pointer finger pierced?).

Anyways; hey, if you want to, go for it. Live life to its fullest; you don't enjoy yourself until you make decisions on your own, not based on what soiceity thinks is wierd.

Carpe Diem.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:57:22 pm »
Some guy from a city near me became world famous for getting body modification done to look like a lizard. He even got ridges put in his skull and had his tongue split, as well as 100% tattoo coverage.

I don't think I'd ever go that far...

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 48
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 12:39:22 am »
His name was changed to Lizardlover.  He's famous on documentaries regarding animalistic transformations.

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:22 pm »
That might be him! He's originally from Plattsburgh, NY, the city I live about 20 minutes from. A classmate of mine did a report on him.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:28:21 am »
I wouldn't mind having a few body modifications. Though if you think about it would you in a few years from getting it wouldn't want it anymore? so is it better if we just play in fursuits and stuff for now?

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:42:49 am »
Heck why stop at ears and tails? I say go all the way!  :fox-:P:

Now if my friend the happy go lucky future geneticist will just answer my frickin emails.  Its his dream to splice people and animals.

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:32:39 pm »
You're right, Simba, but you can't walk around in public in a fursuit (anymore--people are so uptight about makeup and masks! I nearly got kicked out of a mall once when doing a promotional in animal makeup for a bookstore there). I guess that's why I, personally, am drawn to modifications...

Not sure about anyone else, though.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • *gasp* A BLUE WOLF!!! wait, that's me. ^_^''
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 09:38:42 pm »
i want modification! :cry-wuf:
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mixtags/ <--my art gallery

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 12:13:53 am »
How will you all pay for your modifications?

It'll be hard work a decent job.  Maybe get paid for being in a circus act for being a freak.  Though it's something I fantasize about as well, being a fur in real life isn't my desire.

If I were to get permanent furry modifications, it would only be my teeth.  I would love bone-piercing canines.  Or the lighter shade on my, uhem, busts, all the way south.  You know, like the tummy shades on animals.  I'm sure Nite wouldn't mind. :P

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 09:14:34 pm »
i would pay through years of debt.
of course, im joking about debt.
i would work for many years of hard labour and determination, and i hate hard labour.
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 07:31:30 am »
If I were to get permanent furry modifications, it would only be my teeth.  I would love bone-piercing canines.  Or the lighter shade on my, uhem, busts, all the way south.  You know, like the tummy shades on animals.  I'm sure Nite wouldn't mind.

I think these'll both soon be possible in the near future, changing skin tone aint that far ahead of what we can do now and I've seen tv programs about people who have go fangs and stuff.

As for me, is it was reversable, I'd prolly give it a shot. I definitely wouldn't do anything partial, if I did it, I'd go furry all the way. It aint a big deal to me if it never happens, virtual reality and stuff will definitely give as the chance to experience our fursonas in the future. For example, they've predicted that we'll have Star Trek style holodecks in 20 years, and I was told that by a futurologist at a lecture just before I left scool 2 years ago.

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 10:48:42 am »
Ah...  cools.

Yet, I fear unrelenting society and the development of efficient weapons.  :3

I WOULD LOVE A WAGGING TAIL THO. <3

Offline Kimouru_Hasagara

• Yellow Level
  • Im Teh EBIL king!!
    • The Fire Inside
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 11:18:49 am »
Ooh and will people have pointy ears! Its Spock!!! @.@ I wish i knew how to get money fast.... I can't get a job...
"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think they never liked you anyway
Oh take me from the hospital bed
Wouldn't it be grand? It ain't exactly what you planned.
And wouldn't it be great If we were dead? "
www.freewebs.com/kimouru <- My site :o

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 06:04:17 pm »
Tail is my biggest thing. Though I'd die to have wings... tail seems more probable, though, because there are already "smart" anomatronic tails. Now, if only they weren't so expensive...

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 11:40:08 am »
Most likely the only way now a days is to have stuff surgically added on...and probably hair transplants all over your body to be more like a furry. I could see it done. And also for muzzles. I think they could probably add a fake bone onto your face while using skin cells they take from you at a earlier time that they gorw to create a whole couple layers of real skin. Its a new thing scientists have done. And they would put that over the new bone. Never know..could work.

And as for the bone part..you know like those conjoined twins all the time now thats on the news attached be the head....that they use fake bones to create a skull where they were conjoined and there were no bones.

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 08:51:08 pm »
I WANT WOLF EARS!!! :cry-wuf:

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 01:30:18 am »