Author Topic: Lioness at the Reniassance Faire?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Re: Lioness at the Reniassance Faire?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 02:26:34 am »

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 11:32:00 am »
Yes, that is it--exact site, too. The hot foam prosthetics are the best because they move with every expression you make if you apply it right, however, there is one major downside...
They're delicate. Everything eats away at the prosthetic, from the makeup you use (might I recommend Oil-based for the face? Aqua paint would probably be absorbed into the foam, so leave that for the neck, shoulders, etc), to what you use to get it on your face (spirit gum/pros-aid), to the adhesive and makeup remover. I'm not so sure about liquid latex, though, which is what I use to smooth out the line between prosthetic and skin.
I once had a wolf one I used for a local reniassance faire where I played a wolf (I wish I had pictures. We also had a bear, fox, cat, and chicken). The Faire started in late May, and had pretty much bit the dust afterwards (four weekends+1 student day+memorial day, in access of eight or nine hours a day).

So if you get one, keep it mind it won't last forever, even if you do baby it. The more you use it, the sooner you'll need a new one... and even if you only use it once or twice, if it sits around, the adhesive will eat it away (you can never get all of it off).
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 4
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 09:55:16 pm »
Do you happen to have made any tutorials? I don't think I'll enough money for a fursuit anytime soon and besides, that looks pretty realistic as it is. :wuf-;):

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 11:12:05 pm »
No, no tutorials, because I know the way I do isn't the professional way.
However, I might make a tutorial if anyone else asks--it just means having to have someone snap pictures at various intervals during the hour long process... and exposing my face. Gasp, the horror.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 03:15:44 am »
No, no tutorials, because I know the way I do isn't the professional way.
However, I might make a tutorial if anyone else asks--it just means having to have someone snap pictures at various intervals during the hour long process... and exposing my face. Gasp, the horror.

lawlz we already went through this about your face XD But it would be intresting to see how someone without proper knowledge does it and makes it look so good still.

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 11:49:55 am »
I suppose that the next time I put it on, I'll create a tutorial. Of course, I'm going to make a how to take it off tutorial, too.