Author Topic: (Computer) Viruses o.o...  (Read 1842 times)

Offline UrbanWolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
    • Twitter - TotalMorgo
Re: (Computer) Viruses o.o...
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 12:53:03 pm »
An idiot I know gave me a program I had seen before that makes your PC look like a mac, I installed it and restarted and it made my vista laptop look like windows 98, I couldn't change it back and every time I opened something it said "F*** You" or something and then opened, I had to do a system restore to factory and I lost some stuff... =@
Anyone play on OMGPOP?! Add me - TotalMorgo. Just tell me who you are...

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:46 pm »
That's not really a virus, it sounds like a broken application that corrupted some system files.  Very different things.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline UrbanWolf

• Red Level
    • Twitter - TotalMorgo
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 03:10:25 pm »
That's what I thought until AVG Pops up whining about Trojans and stuff with the .exe of that application in the name of it.  :?

Offline mrsmooth27

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 8
  • Need an anthro pic, but I can't draw heads...mehz.
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 03:26:35 pm »
Fah.  Never trust anyone with your computer.  Ever.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 05:29:51 pm »
I've never had a virus on my computer, but I did get one on my phone. It was a nice smartphone, and I downloaded a new app for it and then It wouldn't turn on. The battery went dead on me too, so I replaced it and it still wouldn't turn on. Currently, I don't have a phone and my old one is probably in some Dumpster downtown.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline UrbanWolf

• Red Level
    • Twitter - TotalMorgo
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 06:01:43 pm »
Fah.  Never trust anyone with your computer.  Ever.

Totally, also it seems that if anyone touches my laptop it breaks because once when it was booting someone pressed the "A" Key and it crashed =S

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 06:04:51 pm »
Anyways, I wanna know If anyone here has had a computer virus, and If so, whats the worst damage it's done?
On my other PC, yes. I was a complete idiot and went "oh god, got these popups telling me my computer is full of malware, viruses and that stuff!", and I downloaded it, finding... oh wait, it does the opposite!

On my laptop, I've never used anti-virus and I don't seem to have gotten any viruses, and if I have they're probably harmless, but hey, I'm no good with computers. :p

Offline Diligent Dreamer

• Now With Telekinetic Pineapple Powers
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • Terrorizing the planet Earth since 1996
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 06:19:02 pm »
If you dun have Anti-Virus then you can't tell if you have viruses or not most of the time : P. Most viruses hide in your computer, and.. uhh... well... do hidden-virus stuff to your computer x3

What you downloaded on your other pc was just one of those fake ones, but there's lots of trustworthy virus scanners out there too : D
മ മ
 ワ  <( Awesome! )

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 05:12:27 pm »
I've only had 1 real virus and it rendered my computer completely unusable. Actually, it may have been a trojan my antivirus missed but I don't know enough of the differences to really tell. It kept popping up with a fake anti-virus, closed nearly every program I tried to open, etc. I had to totally reformat my laptop, it was not fun. I've yet to figure out exactly HOW it got on my computer since I hadn't installed anything in a while when I got it and wasn't going on any unfamiliar sites, I run virus scans regularly... I dunno. But it was freakin' scary :C

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 09:35:12 pm »
I've only had 1 real virus and it rendered my computer completely unusable. Actually, it may have been a trojan my antivirus missed but I don't know enough of the differences to really tell. It kept popping up with a fake anti-virus, closed nearly every program I tried to open, etc. I had to totally reformat my laptop, it was not fun. I've yet to figure out exactly HOW it got on my computer since I hadn't installed anything in a while when I got it and wasn't going on any unfamiliar sites, I run virus scans regularly... I dunno. But it was freakin' scary :C

I had the same exact problem the other day...

I had to use my other computer to do some research, then I dove into the computer systems, and manually removed the folders and files and such that were causing the problem...
So far, it seems to have worked.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor