Author Topic: FTR: General Discussion  (Read 13498 times)

Offline lucien

• i sold my hands for food
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 204
  • so please feed me.
    • DeviantArt - m0rtuum
    • FurAffinity - spazzeh
    • Twitter - onlygxdforgives
  • Fursona Species: african lion
Questions and Answers
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 10:00:34 pm »
I'm in for via-Skype, just gimme a heads up before it happens so I can go re-install it.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
Questions and Answers
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »
So Shiz, any idea of what a "normal" (if you can use that term in accordance with furs lol) episode's schedule would be?

And also ask yourself this first. What do you hope to accomplish with FTR? (And no I don't mean to create a great podcast, I mean personally, fandom-wise, and etc.)

A "normal" schedule...well, we're planning on having a couple recurring segments. I'm also planning on having guests each episode, if possible. So, of course, I do need suggestions and ideas from the Furry teens community. The faster you help, the faster I make them.

What I hope to accomplish...hm, I really do have high hopes for this. Fandom wise, it's really an entertainment goal. It's for the entertainment of the users of this site. If they don't like it, I obviously failed. Personally, it's more of a test for me. To see if I can follow through, and commit to this.

@Spaz and Hallow: I'll figure out the date we're doing the big shin-dig. You'll need a skype account and what not XD
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:07:49 pm by Schism »

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
Questions and Answers
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 10:18:32 pm »
Well, it already sounds like you're commited to this. You were our first choice to spearhead all of this, after you volunteered. I'm suprised you nearly let your age stop you. We're FurryTeens. You're both of those, right? ^.^

[randominput]
Interviews or guest presenters, hmm? Well, that would depend on who you're aiming this at. If just this site, then members of the site who stand out, or who you/the rest of the team beleive deserve special interest would be a good place to start. Artists, creativists, debaters, anyone who's example is worth following. =3. I could suggest a few to you right off the bat.

Artists and writers looking to get a little publicity might also be up for it, but getting them could be difficult, I think interviews should be saved for every few podcasts - every other month, something very spaced out so that you can get enough material for it together. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of guest presenters, even if you have the same one's cropping up every few casts, I'm sure we'd all forgive you. =3.

[/randominput]
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
Questions and Answers
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 10:29:45 pm »
I'm aiming it at members of the site. I doubt it will become enormously popular throughout the fandom.
Definitely members who stand out, or someone who recently made a great piece of are or literature. Like, a spotlight sort of thing. I have a few in mind too =D

I also agree with you, getting various undiscovered artists and writers might be a little difficult. So, I think we should stick to site members for some time, then, move on.

Offline Perky

• Cookie Crazed Rabbit
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Om nom nom. :3
Questions and Answers
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 05:36:49 pm »
We had this convo man. My schedule's hectic, but I'm getting my turntables tomorrow, so I can spin some stuff up for ya on occasion depending on what you're looking for. :3
Replaced my photo shop addiction with an addiction to BASS! Not enough credible furry dj's in the fandom.
XBL GT: Captn Christmas

Offline Sigurd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • bluh bluh
  • Fursona Species: a gay
Questions and Answers
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 07:23:20 pm »
Unfortunately, no mic :c However, I'll definitley be keeping tabs on this!~
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
Questions and Answers
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 06:38:27 am »
We had this convo man. My schedule's hectic, but I'm getting my turntables tomorrow, so I can spin some stuff up for ya on occasion depending on what you're looking for. :3

Ok, talk to me later on today. Since it's Friday, the day that I have the most free time, I'm going to be working hard on this.

And, for those that don't have a mic, you can send me a message that you want read in the podcast. Just make sure it's appropriate.

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
Questions and Answers
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 05:26:20 pm »
I gotz a headset, and freetime....

Let me know if you have any use for me.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
Questions and Answers
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 07:30:50 pm »
So it looks like Schism's doing a radio!

I actually think it's a pretty cool idea to have a few other types of music... I mean, Furry Teens seems to have a fairly wide set of audio... you know, I'll just say musicians, and I'm sure there could be recordings of songs played by FT members going on, or little bits and pieces all over the instruments, though I guess the one that truly stands out in price is drums, since from what I've heard from a friend of mine, it's pretty expensive and problematic to get a microphone capable of properly recording a drumkit that isn't a full electric.

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 115
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
Questions and Answers
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 09:00:21 pm »
Schism: Though I'll be sending you another note, I wanted to put this one where anyone in the forum could see it.

Be aware that I only actually own an Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, a Wii, a PS2, a currently broken XBOX, a DS Lite, a Dreamcast, my Laptop, a Gameboy color, and an Atari 2600. If you want it cut and dried, it means that I can only review the following consoles, past and present, at this time:

Atari 2600
DS
Gameboy (and Color/Advance)
Gamecube
N64
NES
Playstation
Playstation 2
Sega 32x
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Genesis (sitting at my father's; I can pick it up)
SNES
Wii

Beyond that, it's hit and miss. I don't own a PSP, PS3, an XBox 360, or a high end enough PC to play modern era games. I wanted to let you be aware of that, before the queries try to run in about why I can't review them.

Trust me, I can find enough worthwhile and interesting things with just that much to keep from letting things stagnate. I just don't want to lead you on into thinking that I can do something I cannot. Beyond that, I'm open to games from any of those consoles that people would like to see picked apart from a technical and experiential angle. I'll be recording the first review when it's not Halloween.

Happy Halloween, by the way.

EDIT: Of course, for some forsaken reason, I managed to leave out that I can also do Virtual Console titles from time to time. Sorry about that.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline B.Cadizzle

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 16
Questions and Answers
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 10:08:31 am »
If me and my friend finally get our stuff together we might send you some little half-hour rants or something like that. I've got some written out but he has to cover the technical end of the deal still.
Very Happily Mated to LoboDirus!

Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

Offline LANCIFROST

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 103
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
Questions and Answers
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 04:36:34 pm »
Btw, I'm more than happy to do anything related to music reviews, promoting artists, etc (if there is a demand for it, that is), I need to get a headset first
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
Questions and Answers
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 05:08:34 pm »
If me and my friend finally get our stuff together we might send you some little half-hour rants or something like that. I've got some written out but he has to cover the technical end of the deal still.

Half an hour is a bit long. Shorten it to ten minutes.

@Lance, I'm gonna do music reviews myself too. But, I will call on you soon. Just, let me know when you get the headset

Offline B.Cadizzle

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 16
Questions and Answers
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 05:54:02 pm »
Half an hour is a bit long. Shorten it to ten minutes.

@Lance, I'm gonna do music reviews myself too. But, I will call on you soon. Just, let me know when you get the headset

I thought about it and I realized I don't even have a full half hour of rants... More like 15 minutes if i put them all together... If sqeek gets his computer set up or I can get a PC I'll try to record a few and send you them. Me and him can sit and talk about my ranting until we stretch it to ten minutes tho.
Very Happily Mated to LoboDirus!

Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
Questions and Answers
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 03:33:41 pm »
I want to help, but I may not be able to join some meetings, due to the time differences. That's not to say I'm not going to try though.

I've got skype, my username is noxideno2, add me for this (specifically Schism).

And guys, I would REALLY like to be a part of this. You might have noticed I haven't been on alot recently, and I think this would help my furry side...erm...bloom, in want of a better word...again.

EDIT: and in response to Natasha's times post, I am GMT +10
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:35:36 pm by Nox Darkpaw »
  • Flag - original

Offline Chopin

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • We're the Last in Line!
    • FurAffinity - chopin
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger/Dragon
Questions and Answers
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
Damn, now I wish I had a mic. I've got to try & dig one up somewhere in the house that isn't some super-nice recording one that's my dad's. I'm here if help's needed, though.
"You've got your stairs to Heaven, you may be right.  I only know in my world, I hate the light, I speed at night!"
-Dio, I Speed At Night

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
Questions and Answers
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 05:47:42 pm »
I love the interest people are showing in this XD

Now, here's another thing.

I'm accepting letters from people, that I'll read on the show. In the future, I'll take some letters asking for advice, but let's not get too heavy on the first episode. Send them to

radio@furryteens.org

Also, if you want to "apply" to have a personal, live, interview on the show, send a request to me. Tell me what you want to be interviewed about. It'll be fun.

Make sure you have the letters in by this Friday

Offline Angel-Foxxie

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Rawr :3
Questions and Answers
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 08:18:55 pm »
oooh, I want to listen to this, how can I?

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Questions and Answers
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:55 pm »

Details will be announced once we get it ready.  I'm in the process of setting up a proper website for this :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 115
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
Questions and Answers
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 09:37:53 pm »

Details will be announced once we get it ready.  I'm in the process of setting up a proper website for this :-)

Can be haz back episodes in a downloadable form? Sorry... But, I never saw it mentioned, so I'd like to ask.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?