Author Topic: FTR: General Discussion  (Read 12866 times)

Offline Tigneon

• Boop.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • ... Are you...?
Questions and Answers
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:28 pm »
There are ways to get it into podcast down-loadable form using free tools on the internet. On of which I help co-manage is called FeedBurner from Google if I recall. Its fairly simple to do, but its been about 3 months since I've even attempted to use it.
Yep.

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Questions and Answers
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:01 am »
Can be haz back episodes in a downloadable form? Sorry... But, I never saw it mentioned, so I'd like to ask.

Yes, all episodes will be available and archived here on the website, it'd be silly not to.

There are ways to get it into podcast down-loadable form using free tools on the internet. On of which I help co-manage is called FeedBurner from Google if I recall. Its fairly simple to do, but its been about 3 months since I've even attempted to use it.

Feedburner isn't a standalone podcasting solution, it just re-syndicates existing RSS feeds, and we're already taking care of that.  But thanks for the tip.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37:15 pm »
Hey everyone!

There's now a specific chatroom on Skype for FT radio. There are only 9 people in it right now, and we would love a lot more. So, if you want to be in that, contact me through a PM.

Also, 2 rules for that: Please, don't anyone invite people to that room without my permission, and don't use the room for anything but FT radio business.

Thanks!

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 11:40:15 am »
Yeah it's necessary. Bundling up every episode for planning in addition to putting up the links for the radio show itself will make it difficult for people to find the previous episodes and what's been discussed
(Sorry, double posting was absolutely necessary)
Well, if the episodes are once a week, there are gonna be a lot of threads lying around. Maybe we should make it bi-weekly? That would give us more time to plan...

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
General Discussion
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 11:45:03 am »
(Double posting? What?)

I'm pretty sure we can handle a new thread per episode, and Natasha would've known that once she split the topic.
As for more planning, given that you only have a week for a new episode I don't see the point of merging two episodes for a single thread, but if saving room's less of a hassle, go for it.
Unless you wanted to increase the time for a new episode on a bi-weekly basis?
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 11:47:26 am »
(Double posting? What?)

I'm pretty sure we can handle a new thread per episode, and Natasha would've known that once she split the topic.
As for more planning, given that you only have a week for a new episode I don't see the point of merging two episodes for a single thread, but if saving room's less of a hassle, go for it.
Unless you wanted to increase the time for a new episode on a bi-weekly basis?

Oop, I think you misunderstood me. Yeah, I would rather have the episodes be releasing on a bi-weekly basis. My fault, for my choice of words.

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
General Discussion
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 11:50:35 am »
(Wait, never mind I thought you meant that I double-posted. Damn phone re-format)

Well if that's ok with everyone else. :) Quality over quantity as they say
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2009, 02:05:27 pm »
-As I mentioned before, Schism, for the purposes of this show, you're essentially exempt from the double-posting rule.

-If you feel the show should be bi-weekly, that's your call, but don't let the number of threads in this board be the deciding factor.  I split the topics to create one thread per episode to keep things on-topic, with the idea being that each episode's thread would be for planning before release and discussion afterwards.  We can even split things further, and it's not going to kill us to actually get some use out of this board.  That's the reason why FT Radio has its own board to begin with :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2009, 02:46:01 pm »
-As I mentioned before, Schism, for the purposes of this show, you're essentially exempt from the double-posting rule.

-If you feel the show should be bi-weekly, that's your call, but don't let the number of threads in this board be the deciding factor.  I split the topics to create one thread per episode to keep things on-topic, with the idea being that each episode's thread would be for planning before release and discussion afterwards.  We can even split things further, and it's not going to kill us to actually get some use out of this board.  That's the reason why FT Radio has its own board to begin with :-)

Alright! I'm gonna make it bi-weekly. My reason (re-stating what Hale said)

Quality over quantity.

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 07:27:47 pm »
@Schism: Are you still wanting me to do this..? I'm dying out here in the wilderness, but I won't give up if you're still wanting the segment.

In case you missed it, I'm drowning myself in silence. It's pretty much the only reason you don't have a copy of it sitting in your inbox... So, what I think I'll do, is record the first one over my Thanksgiving Break and clean it, but I wanted to make sure you still wanted it.

Ironically, that means that I'll just be getting ready to start as I enter the twilight of my teenage years. (It's off topic, but a thought I had.)
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »
oooh, I want to listen to this, how can I?

Details will be announced once we get it ready.  I'm in the process of setting up a proper website for this :-)

Since its well... march, I had the same question. How can I listen to this live?

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 12:14:00 am »
cooljoe224, you need to read the stickied threads more often for all of your answers. That's why they're there... If you don't know, that's the ones that have little tacks in them when you go to look at a board listing. Nobody is going to be angry at you for asking questions, but they will get a bit puzzled and/or frustrated that you're not checking stuck threads.

Here:
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=6057.0

Edit: There is no "listen to it live" per se... We run a Skype room, so it's not really something that many people hear live. Instead, they're posted when they're done cleaning up the audio.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:15:56 am by copb.phoenix »
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 07:23:36 am »
I do read the stickie threads before I ask a question, but since I could not find any answers on that thread I decided it was best to post on "genral discussion." Thanks for answering my question though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:32:03 pm by cooljoe224 »

Offline Taily

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 93
    • FurAffinity - Taily
    • Awkward Paws
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 12:51:42 am »
HEY! I got a Skype, y'all!
My name on it is TailyFolf. FT Radio, here I come!

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 12:56:18 am »
Quick question: Does the latest episode have to be finished being processed before the next one is recorded? Because if not, we could start planning the next one right around now...
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 01:43:47 am »
Quick question: Does the latest episode have to be finished being processed before the next one is recorded? Because if not, we could start planning the next one right around now...

No, go ahead. I'm trying to get around to finishing Ep 9, but I haven't had alot of time free.
  • Flag - original

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 01:57:55 am »
Quote from: Nox Darkpaw
--- Quote from: Harlan on Today at 10:56:18 pm ---Quick question: Does the latest episode have to be finished being processed before the next one is recorded? Because if not, we could start planning the next one right around now...

--- End quote ---

No, go ahead. I'm trying to get around to finishing Ep 9, but I haven't had alot of time free.

Whut? Meaning me?

I mean, I can, but that's like, a reserved duty.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 02:32:16 am »
--- Quote from: Harlan on Today at 10:56:18 pm ---Quick question: Does the latest episode have to be finished being processed before the next one is recorded? Because if not, we could start planning the next one right around now...

--- End quote ---

Whut? Meaning me?

I would, but I don't want to start something while I'm so busy. I've got holidays coming up, so I'll have more time then.
  • Flag - original

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2010, 08:34:49 am »

--- End quote ---

Whut? Meaning me?

I would, but I don't want to start something while I'm so busy. I've got holidays coming up, so I'll have more time then.

Don't worry about the processing Nox, I understand how busy you are right now with mid-terms. I think that Tibalt is pretty capable when it comes to audio processing, so I'll get him on the job.

Sorry if it seems like I'm commandeering things. I just wanna move things along, so we can get the most out of the summer for episodes.

If you guys want to start planning with me, that would be fine. I talk to Nox just about every day, so I can always briefly fill him in on what's going on, and he can give his input. Just add me on skype, and we can get to work

@Taily: GREAT!! Took you long enough!

Offline Emo Pikachu

• SUPER SAIYAN 3!!!!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: mouse pokemon
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2010, 01:32:13 pm »
im willing to say stuff and things on skype lol
special thanks to an IRL friend who drew this