Author Topic: Fatal Frame Series  (Read 515 times)

Offline Izzy

• Green Level
  • Candies: 33
  • Meep~!
    • FurAffinity - Squawk
  • Fursona Species: Deinonychus
Fatal Frame Series
« on: December 07, 2009, 02:52:39 am »
I've always been a lover of survival horrors, the resident evil series being a major series for me, basically what got me into the genre. Well not too long ago I found out about the Fatal Frame games, a brief description would be basically a game where ghosts kill you and all your armed with is a camera. Each one of course is different, has it's own plot, characters, etc, what I particularly liked about the series is how the stories basically all interconnect (Except Fatal Frame 4), sometimes connections can be vague or hardly at all, but it's amazing how it worked out, whether they planned it out, or it's just coincidence. Most likely the main reason why I love the games is how it truly throws the horror in survival horror at you, your armed with a camera with exoticism powers, with the limited film you have, each shot only dealing certain amounts of damage. You can only end up catching the ghosts while in viewfinder mode, where the character is looking through the camera, now the ghosts can at times go through the walls, ceilings, floor, go invisible, teleport, and can only be captured on film at specific moments. The amazing part about the game is, the closer the ghost is to actually damaging you (Aka in mid-attack) the more damage you do, along with the longer you wait to take the shot, so kind of a suspense thing, because several of the ghosts in some of the games can actually auto kill you and stuff in one hit. These games take place in Japan, so your expecting flying dismembered ghost heads, of evilly smiling women, ladies that were drowned in wells with half their faces rotted off, etc. Wonderful horror game... Funny enough though the first game is rated T, I can't understand that... They have blood, children being murdered by ghosts, people having their limbs ripped off by strangling rituals... Oh well XD!

So any opinions, thoughts, anyone else played/own these games, etc?

Bleh the above paragraph is more of a ramble than a well-organized review, sorry about that!
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Teemo

• Size doesn't mean everything you know!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 25
  • Captain Teemo On Duty!
  • Fursona Species: Yordle
Re: Fatal Frame Series
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:56:53 am »
My brother rented it
He got 30 minutes in and then returned it
Nuff said :P

I have never had the chance to play it (Anyone wanna sell me a ps2) but from what I've seen it looks good ^^
♠♣Never underestimate the power of the scouts code♦♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTs0xdeMRDI
Though he is known as the Swift Scout, it is clear that Teemo is actually something else - the unrepentant assassin of Bandle City

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:14:23 pm »
Yeah, I heard this was a reaaaaally freaky game. I was watching a bunch of videos on scary games, and this came up a lot. I should take a look at it.

Offline Izzy

• Green Level
  • Candies: 33
  • Meep~!
    • FurAffinity - Squawk
  • Fursona Species: Deinonychus
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:53:00 pm »
My previous avatar was actually the main character from a scene in the game, with a random ghost thrown in, the ghost of the gouged out eyes woman.
  • Award - Beta Tester