Poll

How do you rate this review?

:Star:
:Star: :Star:
:Star: :Star: :Star:
:Star: :Star: :Star: :Star:
:Star: :Star: :Star: :Star: :Star:

Author Topic: Armored Core Last Raven  (Read 603 times)

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
Armored Core Last Raven
« on: August 18, 2006, 04:20:47 pm »
Bought it a few fridays ago. Played it at 3 am on the next day on saturday in the morning. And beat it at 6 am 3 hours later. I got through games so fast.  But still that left me with 5 more endings to get.

So Playing through this game a few times I've noticed some shit that really pissed me off. First off....when you have a part and it gets destryoed in the middle of a battle you have to repurchase a new exact copy of that part. Completely a money wasting addition.

Next on my list is how the enemy ac's can use back cannons while moving and you can't. Only way for a player ot use a back cannon while moving is eithe rusing tanks legs or quad legs. But then of course the enemy ac's can use the blasted bi pedal legs and reverse jointed legs while moving with back cannons in use. Which is I was to use those cannons I would have to kneel and fire and be a sitting duck target. How fair is that. They give the enemy ac's a part that allows them to do that. But not us. That part was availiable in AC 3 and AC Sl. But not in Nexus or this game and most likely as well for Ninebreaker. Also another thing..while using qud legs with a back cannon you can't be in the air boosting around and be able to lock on at the same time..but theres this one enemy ac that can lock on while having quad legs in the air. Again they want to screw you out of the game.

Next on my uber long list of bad things about this game. The damage the enemy ac's do to you in missions. When in the AC Arena they do normal damage as it was in the past games. But now in the missions they do uber amounts of damage and can kill you under 30 seconds. -.- Really they are uber god modding these enemeis to the point where you can't beat them. Also with the arena...you have to pay every time you want to face an enemy ac. That means if you lose you lose money. -.- Once again more shit that wastes money.

Next up enemies in missions. Lets see...where do I start. Ah yes. The bio organisms. Cheating little bastards. I was in this one mission and 3 of the flying little buggers killed me off in under 20 seconds. And what sworse is that you can't lock on to them...another nice thing from agetec. Thanks. Next as well are these sand digging uinmmaned mts. How cheap are they. Their little energy blasting pusle guns take you down just as fast. Why uber mod such a thing. Then they make it harder cause they can only be hit when above ground and of course they only come up when they are behind you. Next on the list is the pulveriszer. A look alike ac copy. But its not a AC in some ways. Anyway you have to fight them and they are uber cheap with their laser like swords that are their arms. They slash them together. and create a energy wave that hits no matter how hard I try to dodge it. -.- What a cheap attack. And then when they use their arm swords for an attack it like triples in length being able to hit you from a longer distance. How cheap a wepapon. Does agetec know no limits on god modding.

Next on how you can possibly fail the game. There is now way. Cause if you fail a mission it goes to this red screen and you can start off where you last left off. How convienent. Completely takes the fun out of the game.

Over all I give this game a 4/10 It sucked so badly. I advise on not buying it. No wonder why it was 29.99 even thought its still pretty brand new

Anyway that felt good. I needed to vent on this game a bit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 12:37:51 am by Princess Rei »

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • *gasp* A BLUE WOLF!!! wait, that's me. ^_^''
Re: Armored Core Last Raven
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 10:14:47 pm »
i would put the armored core games a little lower than that. It seems to me that the mechs on the beginning movies are a front for all the screw-ups they make. For example, the cores in the movies are lightning fast, the cores in the actual game take a half hour to do a 360.

The only one that ive seen that the armored cores can do what's in the movie is
"Armored Core 2, Another Age."
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mixtags/ <--my art gallery

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
Re: Armored Core Last Raven
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 11:07:28 am »
I loved AC2 and AC2 AA. They should have gone farther with that parts series. But no..they only go 2 games with those parts and startr a whole new parts series with 3 and continues with SL, Nexus, Formula Front, Ninebreaker, and Last Raven. Is 4 is another same version from these...oh boy...its really gonna make me angry. -.-