Furry Teens Community-Related > Site-Specific Stuff

Site Awards (FAQ, and Reference)

(1/10) > >>

Meadow Whisper (Natasha):
What are "Awards", and how do I get one?
Basically, it's a way for the site's administrators to recognize noteworthy accomplishments, whether it's something outstandingly useful, or uniquely silly.  They're not given out often, so when they are given, they're rather special.  Since they're given at the sole discretion of the site administrators, and pretty much made up on the spot, there's no real way to intentionally earn them.

================

The following awards have been given to date.

The Banana Award
Varlen ~ January 9, 2009
Awarded by Natasha Softpaw for making one of the most hilarious posts in the history of the site, as well as the most entertaining conversation points in the "Does God really hate furries?" debate she's ever read.

Browser-Crasher
Zera ~ August 1, 2009
Awarded for making the final post in the "Quote Tree" thread that counted, and discovering the cut-off for nested quotes in our forum software.

XTREME Census Taker!
MagicNinjette ~ November 11, 2009
Awarded to recognize the outstanding and somewhat insane dedication of MagicNinjette, who took the time to not only update the Species List thread, but completely re-organize it and clean it up, a process involving going through every post in the thread.

Internet Research Lawyer Award
Daniel A. Skirtandzy ~ December 14, 2009
Awarded for providing the administration with some very useful legal information to deal with a doppleganger site that's been a problem for us for a very long time.

Fabulous Wallpaper Designer
Alexx Scraves ~ Unknown
Awarded for fun, just being super cute. Made Natasha her own Wall Paper based off a smiley, which I found amusing.

The Original Award
Nox ~ January 8, 2010
Awarded for resurrecting the awards idea, something we hadn't tried since the olden days up to that point.  This probably should've been given a long time ago, but better late than never, right?

The Turing Award
COPB.Phoenix ~ March 13, 2010
Named for the Turing Test, a theoretical examination of artificial intelligence, this award goes to Phoenix for a number of his contributions to the forum, contributions that make me wonder if he's actually a data-parsing script pretending to be a human (a human who pretends to be an animal...?).  I initially offered him the award for compiling all member location data from the Member Locations board, a task he completed and went the extra mile to include data from user profiles (this data will be used for the "Furry Locator" I'm designing).  He was also one of the most active users in the FT Beta test, giving me no shortage of things to examine, and in doing so, actually saved me the time of creating test accounts and looking for these things myself.

Fozz the Husky ~ December 7, 2015
Awarded for suggesting we turn the cookie counter into mince pies for the holidays, an idea that ended up being really fun and festive.

===============

Beta Tester
Multiple Recipients ~ Recurring Award
This award image is given to anyone who actively participates in an FT beta test.  These come up whenever we're looking to test a new feature, so keep an eye out for beta projects!

Graphic Artist
This award image is given to anyone who contributes their artistic talents to the site, and creates something that we use.  Please note that in order to receive an award, we have to actually use your contribution.

Donor (Supporter)
Given to anyone who makes a financial contribution to Furry Teens.

Donor (Sponsor)
Given to anyone who makes a financial contribution greater than $50 to Furry Teens.  Donation amounts are cumulative, so contributing multiple times to add up to $50 will warrant this award level.

Donor (Super Sponsor)
Given to anyone who makes a financial contribution greater than $100 to Furry Teens.  Donation amounts are cumulative, so contributing multiple times to add up to $100 will warrant this award level.

Tyler:
gee, atasha, where ever did you get the idea for something like this??? ^^

Nox:
Actually, it was me. It's gone through alot of changes, but I had the original idea.

http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=3917.0  /proof

Daniel A. Skirtandzy:
Ok, now I know the back story behind Var's award...
That was the best thing I have heard...

Meadow Whisper (Natasha):

--- Quote from: Nox Darkpaw on January 08, 2010, 10:11:52 pm ---Actually, it was me. It's gone through alot of changes, but I had the original idea.

http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=3917.0  /proof

--- End quote ---

Rei tried it waaaaaay back, but the idea fizzled, and kinda died until you posted the suggestion you linked to.  So, yeah, you get to take credit for the idea in its current form, and you get an award to prove it :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version