Author Topic: Inactive members  (Read 715 times)

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
Inactive members
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:10:17 pm »
So, I was looking at the members listings, (I was looking to see how many new members we got recently *390 since I joined the forums*).

I then realized how many people had signed up, and just went inactive.
Not looking at some of those who left (but if I am correct are still welcome), but those who signed up, and their post count sits at 0 (over 300).

Firstly, I was wondering if clearing those members would provide more space on FT.

Secondly, I was wondering if there was a solution, such as:
-Sending all members with super low post counts (say only 0-10) (and only ones who have signed up say 3-6 months ago) a message similar to:
----Hello from Furryteens Forums----
You joined our community a while ago, but you have not been active.  If you have forgotten about us, it is ok, and you are still welcome to post.  If you are not interested in being a part of FT, that is ok too. Please, if you wish to be active come join us, you are always welcome here*. If you wish to no longer be with us, please let us know, or simply do not reply, and your account can be removed.**

* (Set up a topic for them to post something like 'Hey, I am back here'...

** Give a time frame of something like 30-60 days...

Note: If you don't like this plan that is Ok..
If you do like it, I am willing to take the time to commit myself to sending/receiving/ informing administration...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:12:32 pm by Daniel A. Skirtandzy »
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Inactive members
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:18:34 pm »
Deleting old user accounts doesn't really affect "space" on the server, since it's all in the database, and each user account takes up just a few bytes.  We do occasionally clean up accounts that truely don't have any posts, but keep in mind that post count != actual number of posts.  In fact, I did a sweep of inactive accounts just a couple months ago.

As for a "welcome back" email, that's actually a very good idea, but our software doesn't have that capability natively.  I'll work on a script to do it :-)

Although, every time we send out an announcement of any kind, previously inactive users come out of the woodwork and start posting again :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
Re: Inactive members
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »
Ok, that clears it up some then.
Thanks
  • Flag - lawyer