Author Topic: 'He Jumped a Country Mile'  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Straitjacket

• The Crazies
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 29
    • LiveJournal - tribedragoony
    • Twitter - TribeTheBeast
  • Fursona Species: Beast (Tigerdemon / Dragon Hybrid)
Re: 'He Jumped a Country Mile'
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 10:54:44 am »
Obsessively reading articles about the Slender Man, reading blogs about the Slender Man, reading creepypasta about the Slender Man, watching videos about the Slender Man, and looking at pictures of the Slender Man.

Then noticing a tall man behind me in a suit while in the shopping line, just standing there blankly. Without trying, and just by glancing over my shoulder. Freaked me out big time. :C
*looks up more stories about it*
Read some of the stuff in those links, & then my mom walked in from outside. & the lights were off.

Those pictures remind me of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
That was NOT what a semi paranoid teen needs to be seeing around 12 AM in the morning. D: Ahhhh.
Sit down, relax, he`s not real, you don`t need to fear anything at al-OMG! HE`S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
I'm confused, oh wait, maybe I'm not.

Offline Lycaeus

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 12
  • <purr></purr>
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 10:56:18 am »
Not that. I have a general fear of things in the dark. .-. I know they're not there, but I can't help but think.

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:59 am »
I put my foot under a table, where the grouchy cat sleeps, and I hit something furry. Luckily It was the nicest cat who was just hanging around down there. I did jump back a good 2-3 feet, for fear of my toes being removed.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Chopin

• Green Level
  • Candies: 18
  • We're the Last in Line!
    • FurAffinity - chopin
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger/Dragon
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 11:02:02 am »
I'm the kind of person who can see pictures of the atrocities in Auswitch & Unit 731 from WW2 and still sleep soundly.

Anyway, I nearly always jump when people walk up behind me.
"You've got your stairs to Heaven, you may be right.  I only know in my world, I hate the light, I speed at night!"
-Dio, I Speed At Night

Offline Straitjacket

• The Crazies
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 11:09:34 am »
Not that. I have a general fear of things in the dark. .-. I know they're not there, but I can't help but think.
Hey,we`re all afraid of something. Me myself is scared of *puts tail between legs and shiver* syringes. 

Offline Lycaeus

• Yellow Level
  • <purr></purr>
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:50 am »
I'm not a big fan of needles either. .-.

Offline ShwintyKat

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - shwintykat
    • Twitter - shwintykat
    • Weasyl - shwintykat
  • Fursona Species: Meerkat/Deer
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:57 pm »
NEEDLES D8 Just smelling them sends me into a panic.
And wasps/bees/hornets. Honey bees not so much since I work with them, but bumble bees and other giant things like that which chase you are enough to make me cry if Im cornered. XD

Obsessively reading articles about the Slender Man, reading blogs about the Slender Man, reading creepypasta about the Slender Man, watching videos about the Slender Man, and looking at pictures of the Slender Man.

Then noticing a tall man behind me in a suit while in the shopping line, just standing there blankly. Without trying, and just by glancing over my shoulder. Freaked me out big time. :C
*looks up more stories about it*
Read some of the stuff in those links, & then my mom walked in from outside. & the lights were off.

Those pictures remind me of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
That was NOT what a semi paranoid teen needs to be seeing around 12 AM in the morning. D: Ahhhh.
Sit down, relax, he`s not real, you don`t need to fear anything at al-OMG! HE`S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
No, that's just a-OH GOD THAT'S NOT A TREE!!!!! AAHHHHHH-*GLURK*
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Saval

• Minimalist
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:33:19 pm »
One time I was playing a left 4 dead 2 match on expert. We were at the finale and a tank was coming. It wasn't scary but it was pretty intense. So I scope in with the hunting rifle and just start laying into the tank. Then out of nowhere Coach manages to move is goofy face directly in front of the scope right after I lost sight of the tank. I was like "Gah!" and managed to kill him which then led us to losing the round. It was pretty startling at the time but now looking back it was pretty funny.
And there's the movie Dead Silence. After that I said "Thanks Dad, I didn't feel like sleeping at all this week anyways".

Offline Lycaeus

• Yellow Level
  • <purr></purr>
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:23 pm »
I don't feel like sleeping tonight either. Lawl.

Offline Xor

• Cuddlefox
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Also a political theoretician.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »
Real life: I'm listening to SoaD and STP on the Series of (You)Tubes.  I find a SoaD playlist, and switch it on.  As it's playing Soldier Side, I turn it up quite loudly.  By my standards.  Anyhow, I listen to the last "There is no-one here but me..." and then switch over to chatting, gaming, snugging, writing, etc.  Then this ad (which I believe is discontinued) switches on, with a very odd little girl's voice sing-songing, "[Grime, or summat like that] is eeeevil."  Normally, this would not disconcert me.  However, I'm distracted by many things at once, there's about ten seconds of silence, and then this creepy girl is talking about how uncleanliness will damn my soul or whatever, loudly.

Games: It's not late, but there's lots of rain, and so it's dark out at the time I'm playing HL1.  My mother comes in, and we have some sort of conversation.  [Ohai!  "Hai!"  We can has dinner?  "No dinner for you! D:<"  "D:"  "Not ready, the dinner is.  Patience, young padawan."]  During this time, I'm doing one of the many ventilation crawls, and my flashlight runs out as I'm walking forward, to what I don't realize is a dip in the pipe.  Whilst discussing things with my mother, the tale-tell "Hssshgraar!" of a headcrab (which is what I now call head lice) jumping out at me results in the accidental waste of two shotgun blasts.  And the dratted thing is still alive.

Offline Perky

• Cookie Crazed Rabbit
  • Orange Level
  • Om nom nom. :3
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 09:58:55 am »
Walk into a seemingly empty room in Resident Evil.
Off-camera zombie groan.

FCUKWHEREISITIDON'TSEEIT

This in a nutshell lol
Replaced my photo shop addiction with an addiction to BASS! Not enough credible furry dj's in the fandom.
XBL GT: Captn Christmas

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:36 am »
I'm not a big fan of needles either. .-.
Ha, I've beaten you by not having that fear! (except for that huge one at the dentist that was LONGER THAN MY FACE)

Though, spiders... well, there was a huge spider crawling around, I put my shoes on I was so freaked out, and could barely get upstairs since it was lurking on the middle of the steps, 3 minutes when I get into my room, it decides to rush under my bed, and then I screamed and jumped, landing on the spider then retreating into the corner of my room.

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • Candies: 78
  • oooo
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »
Real life: I'm listening to SoaD and STP on the Series of (You)Tubes.  I find a SoaD playlist, and switch it on.  As it's playing Soldier Side, I turn it up quite loudly.  By my standards.  Anyhow, I listen to the last "There is no-one here but me..." and then switch over to chatting, gaming, snugging, writing, etc.  Then this ad (which I believe is discontinued) switches on, with a very odd little girl's voice sing-songing, "[Grime, or summat like that] is eeeevil."  Normally, this would not disconcert me.  However, I'm distracted by many things at once, there's about ten seconds of silence, and then this creepy girl is talking about how uncleanliness will damn my soul or whatever, loudly.

This?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubM75YJ8ULY

And mine would have to be when I saw this.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/0e/Smile.dog.jpg
Although I find the original one creepier.

> >

:breakfast:
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:52:27 am »
Speaking of that cutey pie Smiledog.jpg,
Creepypasta always make me want to jump  but I love being spooked, if only slightly.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Xor

• Cuddlefox
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Also a political theoretician.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »
Kazuki-San: Aye, that's the dratted thing.  Hate it with a passion, personally.  Kept interrupting my music.

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »
Bug.  Crawling on my elbow when I'm playing Dragon Age.  I totally freaked out and spent the next 10 minutes examining the chair and the back of my clothes to make sure there weren't any more.  :c
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »
I grew up with Win95 and DOS... On my cousin's computer, two blocks away. I grew up playing Doom and Doom 2. Wasn't scary at all, cheezy, freaking, 1980's style effects.

Well, then Doom3 came out, and of course, having fond memories of the games when I was younger, I grabbed a copy from a bargain bin. Big mistake. Three AM on a school night my junior year one of the imps caught me off guard in my dad's living room in surround sound. I actually was half way up the street before my brain made the connection that I had just been caught off guard, not under attack.

Article of them ugly suckas on the doom wiki:
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Imp_%28Doom_3%29
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:46:19 pm by copb.phoenix »
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Straitjacket

• The Crazies
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 09:31:10 am »
One time I sat in my room, drawing and looking out of my window. I dropped one of my pencils to the floor, so I bent down to pick it up. Halfway up I suddenly noticed a big thing move right outside my window!! I jumped so I almost fell off of my chair.
It was my mom. She was outside to wash the windows.

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »
I was in the shower, but I wanted to get out before a certain time, so I set the timer on my phone, and sat it on the sink...
I hear this strang speking that I cannot understand, I am am like 'WTF? NO ONE ELSE IS HERE!'... my phone was ringing, and playing the ringtone full blast.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Tyler

• Meow is now 20% cooler
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 31
  • OM NOM NOM NOM
    • FurAffinity - poofykitteh
    • Twitter - poofykityeh
  • Fursona Species: Kitty!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 05:06:32 pm »
i was driving back to my house from the shop where i got my canisters filled, i had two, a 9oz and a 20oz, for CO2, for paintball, anyway, one went off in the back of my car, and im like "!@#^&#%^@@%$^&*&@ what was that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"  a seal had broken on the 9oz and all of the gas was let out.  now, this can was pressurized to 2000 pounds per square inch, so there is alot of pressure.  i pulled over my car, thankfully i have auto windows, i put down all my windows and put my hazard flashers on and jumped out of my car as the noxious gas filled my car and quite literally poured out of my windows.  lucky for me, the seal thingy didnt come completely off, or i might not be here right now...