Author Topic: location preference  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • *gasp* A BLUE WOLF!!! wait, that's me. ^_^''
location preference
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:47:05 pm »
i went to the ocean today! :laugh-wuf: The breeze, view of the ocean, and nice poeple.
Anyway, i was wondering, where does everyone prefer to live?
i would love to live next to the sea if there was more shade. It's easier to breath there for some odd reason, at least to me.
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mixtags/ <--my art gallery

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
Re: location preference
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 10:38:46 pm »
I don't know. I'd like to live... everywhere. Sometimes I wish I could live in the desert, like Nevada area.

But mostly, I wish I could live in a nice, forested area, unable to see my neighbors and with enough arceage to have some pets, a pond, and maybe a clear stream.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:10 pm »
Mine is sorta the same as Khellens but I would prefer to be up in the mountains with lotsa forest and where I get to see snow for at least 4-5 monthes a year. With a nearby arcade just for the hell of it XP

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:02 am »
I'd prefer to live in a city. Not in the center, but in a nice apartment downtown, where the culture is. rust me, Khellen, Simba. The woods are nice...for a few days. After that, the lack of contact makes you rather insane. I hate living in the middle of nowhere, between the woods and the fields.

Offline Apollo Shirak

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • yah whatever
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 03:23:37 am »
I used to live on 30 acres of land before I moved out, it was pretty much exactly as khellen described, woods, a field, a pond, a stream, but it was mostly woods. They're fencing it off from the surounding area though so that's cutting off most of the woods available. It was also on the edge of the city... technically.

Anyways a place like that is where i'd prefer to live. not the same one i just left though, i've already explored all of that, and it's bein shredded anyways by the fencing. They're using a bulldozer to clear the trees away from where the fence is goin.

I liked the woods, I spent a lot of my time in them. My mom didn't like me spending so much time alone but whatever.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Always acknowledge a fault frankly. This will throw those in authority off guard and allow you opportunity to commit more.

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:06:49 am »
By a Loch in the mountains. Nice clean, fresh water to swim in and lotsa wild hills to get lost in. Yay!

However it'd be good to be within decent reach of civilization, so nowhere too remote.  :fox-:P:

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:39 am »
I would probably like to live away from people. But thats just me. Somewhere out in the great wilderness. Like a forest or somethign with a big huge log cabinish house with a great view. Might actually be nice. Except the wild animals.

Offline Ross Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Iiiii'm a crazy rabid squirel....I want my COOKIE!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »
Probably in/near a forest, with a lake nearby for the hell of it, but close to the city. Close enough to get a bus/train or even walk. Trust me, medium sized towns suck sooooo much. Its like being stuck in a timewarp in the 1800s except with computers and cars and stuff
"A gay person! Pure evil!"
"A boy? With long hair?! 'Tis witchcraft I say!"

Also, and this is important, NO NEDS!! Eddy will know what I'm going on about, but everyone else should look up "ned" on urbandictionary.com and you'll see what I mean.
My FA . How dull

"Its a non-stop disco betya its Nabisco bet ya didnt know, woohoo!"

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 03:19:27 pm »
I used to live in the middle of nowhere.

Then some people came in, shredded all the trees, and plopped a house down next door. If they'd stop mowing over my saplings, I'd put up a tree wall between us.
And then our other neighbors decided to sell their house and build another one on the other side of the gravel road a couple hundred feet away.

Similiar is happening all over. I want my country back.
With people who actually know what a tractor is.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 03:41:44 pm »
A tractor. Good days using a big farm tractor here. The size of the wheels are astounding even though I see it everyday. Yeah..and I know what you mean..there was just a bunch of trees/forest type area aroudn my area a few years back. And I passed it the other week and I am like WTF! Houses. Since when!?!

Offline Ross Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Iiiii'm a crazy rabid squirel....I want my COOKIE!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 04:27:37 pm »
Heh, you have to wonder if there really is such a thing as the greenbelt. The bad thing is they mass produce the houses practically over here. They throw  them up pretty quickly, and when its done, its small, with a pathetic excuse for a yard, and so crappy that the entire bottom floor shakes when you slam the door (as in my friends house, I have to gently close it cause last time a vase fell and broke :shock:) Plus it's taken up an entire farm and suddenly there's no country nearby anymore. Lucky there's still a few places I can go enjoy the country (where a farmer wont shoot at me)
My FA . How dull

"Its a non-stop disco betya its Nabisco bet ya didnt know, woohoo!"

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 06:07:12 pm »
There is a massive subdivision going up about a mile down the road. These houses are CASTLES. There's one going up right now that I swear has the frame of a gothic cathedral.

And it's gated.
...because they had the stupid idea of making their subdivision road a faster way to the nearby "highway" (one-lane thing), and didn't realize that people would actually use it.

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: -7723
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 08:05:36 pm »
I LOVE being outdoors.

Hiking's the best... Especially when there isn't a set path to follow. :3

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 07:24:25 am »
A set path. Its more fun to go exploring on your own. Me and my firend did that going through the swampish forest on the other side of my house. That was fun. My legs were all mud covered up to my knees I think after that.

Offline Mix Tags

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • *gasp* A BLUE WOLF!!! wait, that's me. ^_^''
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 05:28:53 pm »
all of you that want to live in the mountains, a word of advice. The air is the more polluted than new york, even though it doesn't look it; the oxygen content is lower; and houses are popping up everywhere [at least where i lived]. I used to live in the mountains, until i moved to south carolina [a month and a half ago i think]. yay, clean, fresh air.
"The ones who care for you are always standing off to the side, waiting to catch you when you fall." ~Kai

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/mixtags/ <--my art gallery

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 07:39:28 am »
I live on top of a rpretty decent above sea level area here in Pennsylvania. The air is crisp and clean here. Must have just lived in a bad area. >.>;;;

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 01:36:14 pm »
It really depends on where you are in the mountains.  In my area, there's one ridge that runs through the center of the valley, and all the rich idiots want to live up there.  Result?  It's quite crowded, and very polluted.  To the west, however, lies the ridge dividing Virginia and West Virginia, and up there the air is some of the cleanest in the country.  And since most of it is national forest, it's very easy to get a secluded residence up there.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Seraph Vulpine

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • Dracul Va Domni Din Nou
    • http://www.myspace.com/tehjaadmaster
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 04:54:38 pm »
I'd like to live in Colorado, nice climate, and Foxes  :fox-:P:
Seven years of age is he and already in bloody war
His eyes do not turn away from all that death and gore
Father Dracul and brother Mircea are riding by his side
Proud he is of his warrior father, no matter he lied!

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 04:57:24 pm »
Lots of foxes here. I just saw one this morning. Such cute critters. If you ever want to be close to nature my area rocks with that. I got chased by a deer once cause I was apparently too close to nature. I never ran faster in my life. XD

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 05:10:27 pm »
Lots of foxes here. I just saw one this morning. Such cute critters. If you ever want to be close to nature my area rocks with that. I got chased by a deer once cause I was apparently too close to nature. I never ran faster in my life. XD

Yesh Ph34r the deer because they are extreme when it comes to hunting dogs XD