Author Topic: Red Alert 3  (Read 533 times)

Offline B.Cadizzle

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 16
Red Alert 3
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:34:15 pm »
So not too long ago I've come by a copy of Red Alert 3. It took a little time to get it to work but I assumed being a HUGE C&C fan it would be worth it. I started the game and up comes the live action that everyone makes fun of. I'm watching this waiting to see the story line fit nice and snug with the fall of yuri. Then this time travel comes up and some how the leader doesn't know about it... "But, they've had CronoTech for a long time and everyone's known about it" I say to myself. The scientist calls it a time machine... "He means cronosphere right?" I say, hoping that was a little mistake. Then he shakes hands with Albert Einstein and HE TURNS TO FRICKIN DUST?! What the f*ck is that? Your telling me that even tho all this cronotech that allows people to travel thru time and interact with it without any problem being in every other game they just don't have here? What?

Fine, whatever. Story sucks but if the game play is good we can still enjoy the BA skirmishes and online play right? So I start the game and the first mission starts up. I (as always) start the game by playing for the Motherland. Once I see what EA has done to my game I feel myself die a little deep inside. What... What is this!? They took all the grit and dirt AND BLOOD!!! Why is this so...so... SO F*CKING BAD!!! What did they do! And why? WHY WOULD EA DO THIS!!! I'm sick of this. This is one more game EA has killed. We shouldn't stand for this defacing of our beloved old games! We should rally! I know that if I ever got the chance I would firebomb EAs headquarters in a heartbeat! I can't take it! Every time I start a game and see that EA logo pop up, no matter what the game was before or what EA promised it to be, in truth it's going to just be a silly bullsh*t bubblegum and gumdrops kids game.

If you think I'm over reacting then picture your favorite grit and blood game being taken and bent over by EA then having the fun raped out of it! A long running blood and dirt RTS reduced to something so freakin lame that I can't even describe it! For those of you who say "Well I like EA" your too far gone for me to help. I just hope one day you can see what EA is doing to gaming.

To be honest, I just felt like ranting. However the game still sucks and more so if laid side by side with the other C&C games.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:29:00 pm by B.Cadizzle »
Very Happily Mated to LoboDirus!

Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
Re: Red Alert 3
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »
I agree, I think RA3 was a big disappointment, or at least a massive "meh". I'm happy I got it for only 14 bucks though, rather than paying the full 80.
  • Flag - original