Author Topic: CRIKEY! he's dead  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Cenn

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Now with 10% more mischief
Re: CRIKEY! he's dead
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 03:20:29 pm »
To be honest I have to agree with Mike that the line up making fun of Steve was pretty rude and you should change it to something else like something famous he has said. Also the picture seems like your mocking him. Though I don't know if it was intended or not.

Ok i'm sorry. it's just that I always remember steve irwin laughing and having a good time.  I thought that it would be better to remember him with a smile then feel all gloomy and depressed.  I really didn't mean to make fun of him.  But you also have to consider that a lot of people will remember him from that stupid line he had on Dr. Doolittle too.  Which i hope he thought was a fun joke and was good sport about.  but fine i'll changed it.

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 683
  • I'm just default awesome
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 06:07:06 pm »
My guess that the vibrations from the boat is what made the stingray do this. Heard that the boat was close by before it happend.

They think it was the fact that Steve was on one side of the ray and the cameraman was on the other side. The ray felt trapped and Steve got too close.

As an interesting note, Steve is only the 3rd or 4th person to be killed by a stingray in the last 100 years.
President: "I just don't get kids, remind me to sign that abortion bill!"

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: -7723
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 06:08:56 pm »
Throughout all of recorded historty, there have been seventeen people stung.

John Smith was one of them!

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 06:10:59 pm »
Haha, Stupid puritans.

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:31 pm »
Haha, I said "historty."

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »
WOW! I'm such a spelling Nazi, and yet I didn't even notice! MY POWERS ARE WEAKENING!!!

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »
It was a major shock to me when my mother woke me up and told me. Minutes later, a friend called to tell me as well.

For a long period of my life, "The Crocodile Hunter" was the only show I'd ever watch, and I vehemently defended it and him whenever my family made fun of him or wanted him to get bit.

He was one of the few celebrities who practiced what he preached, and took risks just to make his show interesting so it would educate people, especially children, on animals and conservation.
I want to hit someone or shed a tear whenever I hear someone talking about his death and how he "deserved it" or how it was "hilarious." Even more so when people say he was stupid for messing with stingrays, nevermind the fact it was sheer dumb luck that the ray got him there, or lack of monitoring every detail to keep them from setting it off; nevermind he was extremly careful with all the animals he messes with as well, from spitting cobras to massive crocs.

His death hits like a ton of bricks, and my heart and sympathy goes out to the family he left behind.
May his wife make the smart decision to never let the press have that video tape.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin.
Crocs Rule.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 08:16:49 pm »
It was a major shock to me when my mother woke me up and told me. Minutes later, a friend called to tell me as well.

For a long period of my life, "The Crocodile Hunter" was the only show I'd ever watch, and I vehemently defended it and him whenever my family made fun of him or wanted him to get bit.

He was one of the few celebrities who practiced what he preached, and took risks just to make his show interesting so it would educate people, especially children, on animals and conservation.
I want to hit someone or shed a tear whenever I hear someone talking about his death and how he "deserved it" or how it was "hilarious." Even more so when people say he was stupid for messing with stingrays, nevermind the fact it was sheer dumb luck that the ray got him there, or lack of monitoring every detail to keep them from setting it off; nevermind he was extremly careful with all the animals he messes with as well, from spitting cobras to massive crocs.

His death hits like a ton of bricks, and my heart and sympathy goes out to the family he left behind.
May his wife make the smart decision to never let the press have that video tape.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin.
Crocs Rule.

Amen.

*claps*

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 48
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 11:24:54 pm »
I feel the same way, Khellen.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 03:47:12 am »
Thanks for saying that Khellen.

And I can't stop thinking about it while I am at work about what his family is going to do without him and what other fans are going through right now. Because he was one of my many childhood heros even if I didn't realize it at first v.v

Also thanks Cenn for editing your first post I appreciate it.

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 03:39:24 pm »

Offline Khellen

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Cuddleslut of a Lioness
    • FurAffinity Account
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 04:59:26 pm »
A man like Steve never parts the earth without making a mark on it.
His fans will watch reruns, or look on fond memories of his shows, and those who are able will go to the Australia Zoo which was one of his first and surely one of his greatest acheivements.
His family has each other, and the sympathies of many, many people.
The prey approaches, still unaware of its imminent danger. Please, come a little closer. Just a little closer.
...no, I don't bite. Unless you want me to. -Wink wink.-

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 02:43:09 am »
this might sound kinda dumb >.> but today I was thinking what would a picture look like if a fur made a tribute to Steve by drawing him as a Croc screaming "Croc's Rule" because personally I think it would be kewl and I haven't seen any art as a tribute to him except that one thing Flinch posted.

Oh and I just found this on newgrounds and it gave me a bit of a chuckle and I think you guys might like it too. http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/337057 I just hope he enjoys heaven with them now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 02:59:37 am by Simba Wula »

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 07:16:19 pm »
There are TONS of Steve Irwin tributes on DeviantArt if you just type his name into the search. I've seen him on there as a fur, both as a croc and as a kangaroo.

Offline Chip Redtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Puppies are food! :P
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »
i got mixed feelings on this. he was an alright guy, entertaining, but didn't strike me as too bright, messin with every dangerous creature he could find. i knew he'd be killed by something he was messin with, but i thought it would be a croc, or somethin like that. anyway, i'm sorry to see him go, but i'm not surprised.

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 03:24:45 pm »
I've watched the show once or twice. As much as i'm sad to see someone die, we knew it would only be a matter of time.

Offline Mike

• Yellow Level
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2006, 02:02:21 am »
Bumped for random feelings of missing Steve Irwin...

:'(

Offline Flinch

• LOSER-MAGNET
  • Blue Level
    • The Ferret's Den
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2006, 12:30:48 pm »
Did you watch the service thing they had for him a couple of nights ago? I cried :'(