Author Topic: Curious; What do you want to be when you grow up?  (Read 22400 times)

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
Curious; What do you want to be when you grow up?
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:15:33 am »
I was asked the other day by one of my friends about what I wanted to do when I was older.
I have no idea yet, but I'd like to work with animals. So maybe a breeder, a vet, or a zookeeper?
It made me curious- What do you all want to do when you 'grow up'?
~Mango  :fox-:):
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Yarn

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
    • FurAffinity - Yarn
  • Fursona Species: Mutt?
Re: Curious; What do you want to be when you grow up?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:22:26 am »
Well, when I get through high school, I hope to get into an art school so I can be a video game design artist.

Offline Tempest

• United As One.
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Divided By Zero.
    • DeviantArt - Airodin
  • Fursona Species: Folf.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 12:32:26 am »
OMG
im going into games design as well :D

cant decide on animation or programming
id be better at programming but i would love to be able to decently animate something
O.o
/¯/_____________________\\\
|BLARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!>
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯///
IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAR

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51:05 am »
To be honest, I really have no idea. Part of me wants to be an artist, part a scientist studying stem cells, and part something else to do heavily with animals. Maybe if I could find a way to roll them all into one, then I'd do that, but until then... I have no idea.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:55:57 am »
Alive.

When it comes to just basic survival, I only really want to be three things:

1) Happy.
2) Not so alone.
3) The head of a Game Design company.

@Hallowest and Tempest: The field of animation/Video Game design requires a lot of coding knowledge, though it doesn't necessarily have to be extensive. Why do you think my major is Video Game Design / Digital Animation? Actually, here are my technical designations:

Majors
Computing - Information Systems
Computing - Entertainment Software Development

Minors
Art/Computing - Digital Arts
Art - Drawing
Art - Painting
Writing - Creative Writing
Social Science - Psychology

I was originally going to be in Biology - I even have college level credit from High School. They pretty much just handed it to me - 3/4 into the first semester, we had to deal with pithed frogs. I ran out crying and never went back - I can't do that or stand seeing that. Before that, I wanted to be a veternarian; before that, it was an artist. But... Truth be had, I'm more made for Psychology than anything, because I don't have that detachment that a lot of psychologists have. I've been there; I've felt a lot of what patients go through and I've spent time in padded rooms. But... The problem is, I care too much.

So, I don't know. Tomorrow never knows... I just picked two fields to focus on that I liked and picked a college I enjoyed going to. Nothing more; nothing less.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:05:38 am by copb.phoenix »
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Hello Bob

• Candies: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:19:16 am »
My job I have the most interest in is a forensic investigator, I have always loved watching crime shows since I was a kid and always wanted to lower crime, even one person at a time. I have tried many other things and I enjoyed art. Sad part is I am realy not persuing my dream job mostly because no schools teach this to kids, and when they do they are private schools that are to expensive. Finally, I am in accounting in high school becuase are school only has classes that are expected to grow in the future and are always needed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:31:19 am by Shadow Animosus »

Offline Kennedi

• Playin' games
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • since twenty ohh-eight.
    • DeviantArt - PogoMutt
  • Fursona Species: Goat/Dog Hybrid
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:29:52 am »
Is it bad that I'm in high school and have absolutely NO idea what sounds appealing to me?
Hey, she finally got around to fixing up a furcode!
(...BAZINGA.)

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:30:51 am »
Is it bad that I'm in high school and have absolutely NO idea what sounds appealing to me?
No. I've got no idea still. =/
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:45:14 am »
No. I've got no idea still. =/

It's normal. Most of the people who graduated with me didn't really know, either. I know people from 19 to 60 who still don't know what they want to be or do as they get older, so, don't feel bad.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Tyla

• Green Level
  • Candies: 23
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:27:23 am »
Not really got a straight pathway in my head. Although, the thing I do see as a clear path is become a musician professionally, and even then I'm doubting. Aswell as just... helping people, in the sense that I want to lose that willful ignorance, put a paw forward and try to make people happy without doubting myself all the time. Conclusion? Doubt is most probably the biggest smog involved here.

Offline tornwulf

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 05:21:19 am »
an engineer of some sort, was wanting to go for electrical but it seems that that route is pretty crowded, mechanical would be fun too though. maybe go for something in production where you have to know a little about everything.

Offline 800880088

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 08:10:24 am »
I am currently takeing a four year music course in college. So hopefuly I will either be in a famouse band or work for a game company by making in game music/ambient stuffz.

Offline Sage the Fox

• The Fox Philosopher - Do you think deep?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Rave on, Mint Glitchglow!
    • FrisbieArts
  • Fursona Species: Ravox (Fox/Raven Hybrid)
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:25 am »
To be honest, I really have no idea. Part of me wants to be an artist, part a scientist studying stem cells, and part something else to do heavily with animals. Maybe if I could find a way to roll them all into one, then I'd do that, but until then... I have no idea.
  You could always be a vet who draws medical pictures (I can't remember what they are called). That way you could be an artist, a scientist, and it would work with animals!

As for what I want to do... I think I would like to open up a store! I could get all my artistic and crafty friends and family together, and I could sell art supplies and fabric too. It sounds big, but I'm sure I will be able to do it someday!
  And if that doesn't turn out, I would like to be a freelance writer and work part-time at a cafe.
I got number 20702. Read the same backwards!
 "Do or do not... there is no try."
     -Yoda, this quote is from.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 10:03:31 am »
Hmm... something else comes to mind. It would be cool to be doing something in law enforcement, maybe a PI. I'd like to study supernatural stuff too. Of course, what would be totally awesome is a hypnotist!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Sage the Fox

• The Fox Philosopher - Do you think deep?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Rave on, Mint Glitchglow!
    • FrisbieArts
  • Fursona Species: Ravox (Fox/Raven Hybrid)
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 10:11:19 am »
 *hands over a cookie to Harlan; go paranormal!*
  I am also thinking of becoming a Cryptozoologist, or 'Study of hidden animals'. Think bigfoot and the lock ness monster, or the thunderbird or mothman for those of you who know them.
I got number 20702. Read the same backwards!
 "Do or do not... there is no try."
     -Yoda, this quote is from.

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:10:14 am »
I've always wanted to be an engineer, or something in the field of science. I definitely have the brain for it...

But, of course, there's always the option to be a professional musician. I'm just not sure it that will work out in the end.

Offline 800880088

• Orange Level
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 11:12:48 am »
I've always wanted to be an engineer, or something in the field of science. I definitely have the brain for it...

But, of course, there's always the option to be a professional musician. I'm just not sure it that will work out in the end.

You should go for it its easyer than you think.

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 11:23:41 am »

It's really not that easy.  Maybe the top ~5% of musicians make it big, there's thousands of relatively unknown bands/artists that barely make enough to get by.  My uncle is a professional musician and he's never made a whole lot of money from his music alone.  I believe a good chunk, if not most, of his income is from A) Having a recording studio in his house to rent out to others, and B) Producing music for other people all around the country.  I'm not saying don't do it, but just be able to supplement your musical career with other cashflow until you make it big.

And now, back onto the topic.  I'm thinking of going into programming, for what I'm not sure.
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 11:26:30 am »
THE FEDS FOR ME.

But in the near future either a cop or part of one of many subdivisions for forensic science. Either way I require years of experience before training for the Feds
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline 800880088

• Orange Level
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 11:30:17 am »

It's really not that easy.  Maybe the top ~5% of musicians make it big, there's thousands of relatively unknown bands/artists that barely make enough to get by.  My uncle is a professional musician and he's never made a whole lot of money from his music alone.  I believe a good chunk, if not most, of his income is from A) Having a recording studio in his house to rent out to others, and B) Producing music for other people all around the country.  I'm not saying don't do it, but just be able to supplement your musical career with other cashflow until you make it big.

And now, back onto the topic.  I'm thinking of going into programming, for what I'm not sure.

Yea but if you study in college or university they let you use them for obviouse reasons just as long as you are inroled in the course. Also your tutors act as you managers untill your course ends they give you gigs and give you tips on how to survive in the music industry.

Any way might take up a part time zooligy corse I would love to work in zoo's :D