Author Topic: The "Defend a character who gets a lot of hate" thread  (Read 194 times)

Offline Tabby Von Star

• Everybody wants to be a cat~
  • Purple Level
  • Candy: 185
  • Icon by WinterFox18
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - FoxdogExpress
  • Fursona Species: Calico Tabby Cat
The "Defend a character who gets a lot of hate" thread
« on: May 21, 2017, 01:02:40 am »
Ever have a character you like but everyone else hates, and you want to defend and justify them?

Or on the contrary, ever have a character you hate but everyone loves, and you want to expose their flaws?

This is the thread where you can do just that. Defend a character who gets hate, or bash a character that gets lots of love.

And I mean characters from fiction, don't bash the characters of anyone here. It's a bit rude.

1, 2, 3, go!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabby Von Star, Dani Tracy, & Bahari Maua
ENFP-T / 4w3 / Lawful Good Druid / Hufflepuff / Pukwudgie

Art Dump | Literature Thread | Toyhouse | ThisCrush |
Sarahah | Trello

Offline Indy

• cheeki breeki
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 29
  • GO AGANE
  • Fursona Species: Cat
Re: The "Defend a character who gets a lot of hate" thread
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 08:11:53 pm »
Lisanna was a character Fairy Tail desperately needed back. Although she isn't that big of a character, she's really well designed! And let's be honest, the only reason people hate her is because she can oppose NaLu :/
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him
"He is rebuked by the vulgar, who consider him mad and do not know he is inspired." -Plato

#BostonUp | Weeb |  :pawheart:  | History Nerd | INTP

Offline SugarLonghorn

• Purple Level
  • Candy: 194
  • Awards:
    Flag - xmaslight
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:55:00 pm »
Gamzee Makara is a great character and all of the horrible things he did were the effects of mind control by Lord English
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candy: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:34:41 pm »
Olaf from Frozen was a great addition to the movie, everyone seems to be sick of him but I'm sure as heck not. He's not just some annoying cash-grabbing character, he's supposed to represent the love between Anna and Elsa. Everyone seems to look past all the symbolism in Frozen.

On the other hand, Komasan from Yo-kai Watch just isn't a character I like. Sure his design is cute and all, but his constant "Oh my swirls!" combined with how he talks just comes off as annoying and unnecessary.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

(no longer active here. If you wanna see more of this kaiju, I'm on Furry Amino! http://aminoapps.com/p/0xflcr)

Offline Sub-Zero Knight~★

• Icy Star Warrior~
  • Purple Level
  • Candy: 84
  • Avatar by myself, signature by Blackvivillion (DA)
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Ice Puffball
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:10:07 am »
Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji II. Yes, he's a bipolar sadist. Yes, he's overly-attached and overly-clingy to Claude. But he just wants to be LOVED. He lost everything when he was young, including his brother (who for a time was all he had left), which caused him to just go half-insane. He just wanted someone to love him and show him life was still worth living, which is why he acted the way he did most of the time. He didn't deserve to die in the slightest, no matter how annoying he could be at times. Ciel killed him because Sebastian lied to him and made him think Alois is the one who killed his parents (sorry Seb, but I hate you for that), and Claude finished him off because of his ridiculous obsession with trying to get Ciel. All Alois wanted and needed was someone that would be there for him after his life started out as a total nightmare. If he HAD to die, he deserved to die peacefully and painlessly after everything he's been through. But he didn't deserve to die at all, no matter how... messed up... he was at times.

I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while now...
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her/hers

Offline Tabby Von Star

• Everybody wants to be a cat~
  • Purple Level
  • Candy: 185
  • Icon by WinterFox18
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - FoxdogExpress
  • Fursona Species: Calico Tabby Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 02:26:04 pm »
He's a Homestuck character who did a lot of bad things and gets a lot of shunning and flack from fans but I feel bad for Eridan Ampora, and I kinda want to forgive him.
Obviously the whole genocide, racism, and murder thing can't be excused but for everything else, I think a lot of teenagers were like Eridan at some point, especially if they were dealing with a mental illness of some sort. :/ Not to mention he seems to have a serious case of BPD, for real am I the only one who thinks that?

Anyways people say he shouldn't be forgiven because he never changed his behavior, but Vriska also was a bad person, then she died, and then she came back and actually felt sorry for what she's done. Even Vriska killed people, and she was actively manipulative and even more self-absorbed than Eridan, and people forgave her because she apologized and tried to better herself.
But the thing is that Eridan kinda just died. He wasn't brought back like Vriska was for a second chance, sooo....I guess you can't blame him for not changing when the opportunity was taken from him, plus if Vriska never came back people probably wouldn't have forgiven her either. But then again Eridan was the Prince Of Hope, who knows if he could've changed, even if that happened. But he also legit apologized to Fefetasprite as Erisolsprite for killing her, so. Idk it's vague.

Anyways I can't help but pity him.

Not Cronus though, Cronus actually was a narcisstic jerk and he wasn't going through any actual emotional pain, so he has no reason to be such a doink.

On the other hand, I really dislike Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe but I think I already posted about that on an Unpopular Opinions post.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:37:45 pm by Bahari Maua »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabby Von Star, Dani Tracy, & Bahari Maua
ENFP-T / 4w3 / Lawful Good Druid / Hufflepuff / Pukwudgie

Art Dump | Literature Thread | Toyhouse | ThisCrush |
Sarahah | Trello

Offline Jack-O-Lopetern

• *Screams about Bucky*
  • Blue Level
  • Candy: 157
  • Broadcasting live from area 51!
    • Twitter - @harvest_luna
  • Fursona Species: Jackalope
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 02:42:26 pm »
Tony Stark is deeply flawed but also trying his hardest and he deserves less hate in the fandom, especially from Bucky stans.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  Sew up your skull, take your time, and we'll be just fine.
Instagram: @ShopePapilloma
Don't be weird. http://www.thiscrush.com/~shopepapilloma   <3

Offline Sub-Zero Knight~★

• Icy Star Warrior~
  • Purple Level
  • Candy: 84
  • Avatar by myself, signature by Blackvivillion (DA)
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Ice Puffball
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 01:49:44 am »
Fumu isn't that bad in the sub. She's pushy, but she's really got the heart of a true Star Warrior. She loves Kirby and she just wants the best for him, so lEAVE HER ALONE YOU LOT OF WOLFWRATHS
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her/hers