Author Topic: Curious; What do you want to be when you grow up?  (Read 23177 times)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Curious; What do you want to be when you grow up?
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:13 pm »
Ive had so many ideas in the past that i have systematically removed and re added. the current list so far is....

- Game designer (had an idea for a game for a while)
- (The name is not coming to me but something about computer systems)
- Teacher
- Engineer (no specific field)
- Business Law
- Risk management
- Any marketing or finance position in a business
- Forensic Scientist (funny story, boarder patrol agent told me that you should not be with the police force like 500 times when we were going through customs with him. he said its a huge mistake.)
- Something related to genetics
- Researcher (lots of fields here, so im leaving it open)

Past items on the list but can be added back are:
- Criminal law (if anyone can figure out why, cookie for them)
- Programming (hard coding)
- Pro Gamer
- Youtuber
- Comic artist (this may be obvious why its not on the list)
- Anything involving music
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2014, 10:25:36 pm »
I'm trying to become a small animal veterinarian!
I love learning about animals of all kinds.

But on the side I'm going to do music production and management.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:45 pm »
If its something personal then I probably won't get it but from what I've been learning in law it could be the reasons why I don't want to go into that area. Your either getting hard criminals let of easy or out of jail or if your on the other side your watching the said criminal walk out laughing at you the majority of the time no matter how much of a case you put up against them. Our amazing justice system people! That's why I dont want to do it.

Oh and go for business law as you said if you choose a proffession in law. The high class lawyers in that field get TONS of money. But my teacher kinda said your work will kinda become your life with the amount you get so I dont know. Either way there your choices and good luck with whatever you do! :lol-fox: and that goes for everyone else also.

Offline Wynter

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Golden Labrador
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:39 pm »
I've always wanted to be a German translator because of my heritage. Its such a fun language to speak ^^

Offline Fjordy

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 46
  • Fursona Species: Moose
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »
Something related to communication (radio) or journalism.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Candies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:58 pm »
A pilot, or a actor...
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:03 pm »
If its something personal then I probably won't get it but from what I've been learning in law it could be the reasons why I don't want to go into that area. Your either getting hard criminals let of easy or out of jail or if your on the other side your watching the said criminal walk out laughing at you the majority of the time no matter how much of a case you put up against them. Our amazing justice system people! That's why I dont want to do it.

Its the same reason for me. I cant stand defending someone who i for sure know is guilty, or prosecuting someone who is clearly not guilty. The guilt for me and the client if i mess up would also be too great as well.

The only problem with law right now is that even if lawyers do get paid large amounts, there are just too many lawyers in business and criminal law, so its hard to even find just a starting frim to be in. you have to remember that this is after law school.

And it seems i forgot a few items on the current list:

-something in the pharmaceutical industry
-Acting (with the condition i can make a living off it)

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:41 am »
The only problem with law right now is that even if lawyers do get paid large amounts, there are just too many lawyers in business and criminal law, so its hard to even find just a starting frim to be in. you have to remember that this is after law school.
Yeah that may have sounded bad from me. I'm not just blinded by money. If I was then I would probably go into criminal law cause I wouldn't care. Yeah I know that there is a ton of lawyers out there so it's good that you sound like that you've got a few backup professions. But if I may say a few things. It seems like its hard to get a job in ANY proffession now. Over here you get people with amazing qualification who have been job hunting for years which is kind of worrying :?. There is a ton of people in these areas of law but think. Some of these arnt even worth calling lawyers. There just people who have a basic idea of it and have jumped into the proffession to grab some cash. That PPI thing is a prime example. This is particulary aimed at you but if your really good at law and put in a lot of work to understand it then it may not matter how many are in the proffession if you stand out from the crowd as being very good at it. It will still probably be hard to get a job in it but still I think I will probably go into it. There are loads of separate areas so no one lawyers can know literally every area of law. Well there is probably a few who do. Yeah I don't even know if your choosing law are not. Just felt like saying all this :fox-:):. (Acting sounds good! We will see you on the big screen in the future :lol-fox:)

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
  • Fursona Species: eastern timber wolf
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2014, 04:47:16 pm »
I would absolutely LOVE to go into something involving quantum computers. Not sure exactly what yet, though.

you could be the next chloe lynch from COD: BO2

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2014, 05:13:21 pm »
Yeah that may have sounded bad from me. I'm not just blinded by money. If I was then I would probably go into criminal law cause I wouldn't care. Yeah I know that there is a ton of lawyers out there so it's good that you sound like that you've got a few backup professions. But if I may say a few things. It seems like its hard to get a job in ANY proffession now. Over here you get people with amazing qualification who have been job hunting for years which is kind of worrying :?. There is a ton of people in these areas of law but think. Some of these arnt even worth calling lawyers. There just people who have a basic idea of it and have jumped into the proffession to grab some cash. That PPI thing is a prime example. This is particulary aimed at you but if your really good at law and put in a lot of work to understand it then it may not matter how many are in the proffession if you stand out from the crowd as being very good at it. It will still probably be hard to get a job in it but still I think I will probably go into it. There are loads of separate areas so no one lawyers can know literally every area of law. Well there is probably a few who do. Yeah I don't even know if your choosing law are not. Just felt like saying all this :fox-:):. (Acting sounds good! We will see you on the big screen in the future :lol-fox:)
Law is just a huge subject that has a ton of opportunities (except for this terrible job market and too many people who want to be lawyers now). Its mostly about debate, trying to prove that YOU are right and all who oppose are WRONG. Like ive said before, i just have some moral problems with criminal law, but anything that doesn't involve the life of someone, i can do almost any law (or even make laws in the government!). I find that a judge is more of a suitable position for me if i wish to delve into criminal law.

TBH, i probably don't have much future for acting, unless I get some sort of huge breakthrough. Even though i have been on TV before (I was in a ad when i was a baby, i still have the poster, I don't really want to share what ad it was) looking at today's actors, they have alot of skill. I even have someone at my school who is in a production company as an actor, and another one who works at a theater for Tech as a job. Not much opportunity there unless you start now and show amazing talent.

I'm honestly so indecisive with my future, its gonna bite me when i get into uni. I really want to see what psychology is all about (it seems really interesting) but there isn't much of a job future there.I should also add athlete to the list if i ever do amazing in my uni career. 

Offline Andrew Furmann Foxwell

• I DUNNO,ASK THE PAW
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
  • DONT BE SUCH A PICKLE ABOUT IT
    • DeviantArt - Andyftw1610
    • FurAffinity - FoxyComicboy
  • Fursona Species: BANANA,oops,sorry,I mean fox,I like foxes.
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2014, 11:45:55 am »
I wanna be the very best,like no one ever was.

Ok,seriously,I wanna do animations,furry-related and furry-free,become an famous actor and an artist, and also a youtuber.
no signature

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2014, 11:51:30 am »
I'd like to work in criminal law or something similar uvu
Or perhaps as a forensic scientist?
Maybe even a job within the FBI

I've been told I could have a future in acting or performing. It's a nice idea, but not terribly realistic. oTL I sing and play the piano, so a job involving those skills would be nice.

Still haven't made up my mind on whether to focus on crime or shoot for the stars. Well, I still have a couple years.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:25 pm »
I wanna be the very best,like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause~

back to the topic at hand, ive now added working for intel to the list. (why why why is this list still growing @-@)

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:11 pm »
Something to do with stage/screen ranking in order of preference (best first)

1) Actor (first choice for university course)
2) Musician (In a band)
3) Screen/playwright
4) Soundtrack composer
5) Director

Well, I've just started organising a small film project to be produced hopefully during the six weeks of holiday I have at my disposal. So hopefully it will aid all of the above.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:09 pm »
a masseuse- because I have friends who are always so stressed about work and school so I'd be useful that way.

a Cosmologist- because I have questions about the universe, life, and time that I'm willing to die for just to get the answers. meaning spend an entire lifetime just to get one answer, it doesn't have to be a big question it could be a small one and I'd be happy.

a physical trainer for my football real-life Because the people there are super nice and the players are always getting injured so I'd be helping once I graduate. plus they're like family and I would hate to leave them all behind

Offline ___

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2014, 11:55:22 pm »
Meteorologist. Been fascinated with weather since surviving a tornado when I was four. But then there is being an author... I might work with animals with zoology... not entirely sure yet... (Probably meteorology... but so much math...)

Offline Maximumcool2

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2014, 01:13:18 pm »
I have 4 choices for what I want as a future career.

My first choice: A lawyer.

In all seriousness though, I have grown an interest in the legal world.
I usually always enjoy debates and arguments, and I have a really good memory when it comes to vocabulary and terms and such.

My second choice would be a job in a video game company, working as an animator or programmer or something.
Of course, this would be pretty fun, but it would still require a lot of training, learning how to program more and such.

My third choice would be as a professional pianist.  I take piano lessons, and a lot of my friends have told me that I'm pretty good on the keys.
Still, as far as realism goes... Kind of lacking.  :?

My fourth and final choice would be as a scientist, working in the field of epidemiology or nanotechnology.  These subjects have interested me ever since I watched the movie Contagion.  Plus, working at the CDC would be pretty awesome.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2014, 04:12:27 pm »
Honestly my fondest dream has always been to start a business that could eventually run itself and then never have to work another day in my life.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »
I want to be a writer. I want to be able to share the worlds and the character that form in my head with others.
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Cookie-N

• lennyface.psd
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • furries trigger me
    • DeviantArt - cookie-n
    • FurAffinity - cookiethebluecat
    • Twitter - nicholas_cookie
    • Tumblr / Art Blog
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2014, 06:21:12 pm »
I want to work in the Animation industry, preferably as a storyboarder/character designer.

I also can play the piano but I can't really teach because I'll usually just end up spewing vulgarities so??? Also I can sing but I don't see it bringing me anywhere lmao.
KEK