The Arts > Reviews

Gay Novels

(1/11) > >>

Milo:
     I've been asked by friends; "Hey, what you reading man?" When I show and tell them what the book is, they're like "Dude, I didn't even know those books were allowed to be made." I laugh at those kind of things all the time. People don't know that there Gay/Homosexual novels for purchase out there. If anything, they'd be only available online. Not True!Look hard enough and you'll see many Gay books throughout a Barnes and Nobles or Borders. And for anyone who actually likes to read ( *gasp* Blaspemy!), there are many authors out there that right Homosexual Novels. The best part is, a lot of Gay Novels are really freaking funny. Here, I'll give a nice rundown
(All of these books can be found in TEEN FICTION. There is MINOR ADULT CONTENT in some books like BAD LANGUAGE, DRUGS, MINOR SEXUAL CONTENT.)

Famous Gay Authors:

Author: David Levithan
Boy Meets Boy
Realm of Possibility
Marly's Ghost
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (Also a Movie)
Wide Awake
Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List (Soon to be a Movie)
How they Met

Author: Brent Hartinger
Geography Club
Grand & Humble
The Order of the Poison Oak
Split Screen (1 & 2)

Author: Alex Sanchez
Bait
The God Box
Getting It
Rainbow Boys
Rainbow High
Rainbow Road
So Hard To Say

Regular Authors of Gay Novels:

Author: Lisa Papademetriou
M or F?

Author: Ron Koertge
Boy Girl Boy

Author: Stephen Chbosky
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Author: David Larochelle
Absolutely Positively Not...Gay

Author: John Hall
Is he, or Isn't he?

Author: Bill Konigsberg
Out of the Pocket

Author: Lee Bantle
David Inside Out

Really Famous Author
Author: Perry Moore
Hero

These are just all the books I have XD but there are so many more if you look hard enough. Here are some recommendations for certain readers

Young New Reader: Absolutely Positively Not...Gay & So Hard To Say
Teen Interested Reader: Realm of Possibility & Geography Club
Older Teen/ Young Adult Reader: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List, David Inside Out, & The Perks of Being a WallFlower
Major Reader/ Nice Long Book: Hero, How They Met, & Out of the Pocket
Very very Gay Novel Reader: M or F?, Is he or Isn't he, Rainbow boys, Rainbow High, Rainbow Road, Boy meets Boy

I really hope you enjoy and consider reading some books and get off the videogames XD
Not a lot of homosexual videogames out there...nope lmao

lucien:
Thanks for the list! :3 I'mma have to look some of these up.

Now, I has recommendations.

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins (The book isn't really 100% about being gay, but I recommend everyone read this book. It's a large book, but it's so worth it. I've read it about ten times o_o)

Empress of the World by Sara Ryan

I know I've read WAY more that I'd recommend, but can't think of any. I'll come back if I think of them though.

Milo:

--- Quote from: Spaz on February 16, 2010, 02:27:25 pm ---Thanks for the list! :3 I'mma have to look some of these up.

Now, I has recommendations.

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins (The book isn't really 100% about being gay, but I recommend everyone read this book. It's a large book, but it's so worth it. I've read it about ten times o_o)

Empress of the World by Sara Ryan

I know I've read WAY more that I'd recommend, but can't think of any. I'll come back if I think of them though.

--- End quote ---

Isn't Geography Club hilarious XD
I can't get into reading any Ellen Hopkins books because the size of the book looks so damn intimidating XD. It just looks to big. Plus, I read Crank, only half way though. Didn't like it so much so I didn't think the rest of her books were so interesting looking. Now that I know one book contains homos (LOL JKJKJK) I'll defenetly look at it :)

Aragon:
Next time im over pick one for me and have me read it, I wanted to grab one the other day but couldnt decide 8D

Milo:

--- Quote from: Aragon on February 16, 2010, 03:27:50 pm ---Next time im over pick one for me and have me read it, I wanted to grab one the other day but couldnt decide 8D

--- End quote ---

Lol fine, I'll pick a tiny one cause your interest in books are...very diffrent XD jk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version