Author Topic: Gay Novels  (Read 13211 times)

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
Re: Gay Novels
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 06:03:37 pm »
Considering we're on a furry teen site, I'm surprised Waterways by Kyell Gold hasn't been mentioned yet. It's a really good furry novel about an otter in high school discovering himself (as a gay teen) and coping with it. Cliche, I know, but the author uses  a lot of introspection with the main character, and it makes it easy to relate to him, because his thoughts and feelings are EXACTLY what every kid going through what he's going through thinks/thought/would think. Look into it, I'm about 4/5 of the way through it and I'm honestly sorry that it's over.

Damn, I was gonna mention that, but I'm a little late...

It looks like an awesome book, I really wanna read it!

Offline Aragon

• A fox with Manors? Impressive
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 12
  • I love Nick <3
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 10:06:22 pm »
no it was mentioned far back in the posts...Well as today was senior skip day, I spend my day going to Ihop and then reading David inside out...really good book 5/5 so far
Official Host of UrbanFurz 2010 summer meet

Offline Skorpio

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 6
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 03:47:41 am »
Speaking of homosexual video games, Persona 4 for PS2 (came out 2007-2009) is probably the best example. Unfortunately it's banned in my country, but GameStop still sell it.

Offline Riku

• Friendly Neighborhood PSYCHOPATH.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Panther Nekojin
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 12:06:53 am »
Persona 4? never heard of it, could you give me a little description of it?

oh, a few good books:

A Tale of Two Summers by Brian Sloane (though it MAY border on a little mature)

Whatever happened to Lani Garver (or was it Gavner?). cant recall who its by.

How I payed for college, cant recall the author, and it may be a little too mature for some...

there are others i won that i didnt see up here, i'll post them tommorrow, cuz i have to find them.
Self preservation? Whats that? And can I use it to kill the assholes messing with my friends?

"Humans are smart enough to being able to build things that can destroy the earth, and stupid enough to actually do it."

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »
Ive read waterways..was very good i think

I don't care how old the post is this is still legitimate. I'm reading it and I love it so far. Kyell gold is a pretty good author.

Hooray for gay furry books!
[placeholder]

Offline Flicker

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Dog mutt
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:46 pm »
I would like to recommend Out of Position by Kyell Gold .

This book is a furry, gay novel. The book also got full page grey scale illustrations made by the ever fantastic Blotch.

It's a really good story and worth a reading. Even though I personally don't interest myself for American football I loved this book and I am so going to read the follow up which is out now!

About the book:

"Dev is a football player at Forester University, a small liberal arts college where football isn't a big deal. He and his teammates still get to strut around and have their pick of the girls on Friday nights at the local meat market. That's all he wants--until he meets Lee, a fox with an agenda and an attractive body.

Problem is, Lee's not a girl. He's a gay fox who never thought he'd fall for a football player, until he met Dev. Their secret romance is hard enough for them to handle, but that's only the beginning of their problems, as their friends, family, and co-workers keep mounting the pressure to find out what's going on. If they're exposed, they could lose the careers they've fought so hard for.

Going it alone would make everything easier. If only they could stop fighting long enough to break up."

Offline Sufi

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 8
  • Fursona Species: Canine - German shepard
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:32 pm »
Will Grasyon, Will Grayson
Great book with some boys love in it, it's not the whole basis of the book though

Offline ChamAltonB

• I like turtles
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
  • I like trains
    • Twitter - ChamsGhost
  • Fursona Species: Tox (Tiger/Fox) (Alts Kab-Snowy Owl and Bob-Penguin)
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
now I must read her books my older bro...ish (its complicated) told me in one of them there's two ways to read it but yeah I started the first in the series but never finished cus my bro had to return them to the library so yeah and I'm one of them guys that hasto start atthe first book like I was readin DOWAK:RR (diari of a wimpy kid rodric rules and when he told me it was the second DOAWK book I droped the book and red my book 'Freze Tag' its actualy prity good and I dont have any recomendations but if you want one try the pendragon searies
FFT3acrw~CF3acrw A- C Dm H+++ M- P+ R+ T+++ W Z Sm++ RLM* a- cn+ d+ e-- f h* i j++ p sm

Ponies! *hugs*

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Come and get a ticket follow me to the freak show
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »
Considering we're on a furry teen site, I'm surprised Waterways by Kyell Gold hasn't been mentioned yet. It's a really good furry novel about an otter in high school discovering himself (as a gay teen) and coping with it. Cliche, I know, but the author uses  a lot of introspection with the main character, and it makes it easy to relate to him, because his thoughts and feelings are EXACTLY what every kid going through what he's going through thinks/thought/would think. Look into it, I'm about 4/5 of the way through it and I'm honestly sorry that it's over.

I agree, I have read that book, and it is one of my favorites, I want to read more of Kyell Golds books, so I am going out and saying read Waterways, best book ever
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Suicide prevention tattoo
Coon life yo

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:22 pm »

I agree, I have read that book, and it is one of my favorites, I want to read more of Kyell Golds books, so I am going out and saying read Waterways, best book ever

I would really love to have this book but I have no way of getting my hands on it :(
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Nick

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Take everything one step at a time
    • DeviantArt - nickrocks3636
    • FurAffinity - nickrocks3636
    • My Blog in South Korea
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:48 pm »
I've read pretty much every gay novel in my library x3 Boy meets Boy...The Rainbow Boy series...The God Box..Will Grayson, Will Grayson..and a few others that i just cannot remember~ My library is pretty awesome..oh and Geometry club ;D
Feel free to message me anytime. I'm here for everyone

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Come and get a ticket follow me to the freak show
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 05:47:44 pm »

I would really love to have this book but I have no way of getting my hands on it :(

If you have an email, I have a digital copy of it for adobe reader
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Suicide prevention tattoo
Coon life yo

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »
Speaking of Kyell Gold, I recently read Green Fairy. It is both an amazing gay novel, but also a kind of spiritual book. Anyway 11/10 in my book (so to speak :lol-fox:)
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 11:54:37 am »
I'm going to make another list of gay furry novels, seeing as this is a furry forum. Several of these contain explicit sexual content, so don't read them with people standing behind you, or if you're offended by that kind of stuff.

Waterways by Kyell Gold
Out of Position (series) by Kyell Gold
Dangerous Spirits (series) by Kyell Gold
Cruelty (graphic novel) by Rukis Croaxx
Unconditional (sequel to Cruelty) by Rukis Croaxx
Shadow of the Father by Kyell Gold
Volle by Kyell Gold
Pendant of Fortune (sequel to Volle) by Kyell Gold
"The Prisoner's Release" and Other Stories by Kyell Gold
Rainbow in the Dark by  Amy Meister
Dog's Days of Summer (graphic novel) by Blotch
Heretic by Rukis Croaxx
Red Lantern (graphic novel series) by Rukis Croaxx
Associated Student Bodies (graphic novel series) by Lance Rund & Chris McKinley

Some of these might have been mentioned before, but I'm just listing the ones I know where homosexuality or questions play a big part in the story.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:24:24 pm by furrylifeguard »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 02:57:31 pm »
Sprout by Dale Peck

I read it a while ago but its about this gay guy who always dyes his hair green and he goes by the nickname Sprout. There were some interesting parts to the novel but overall it wasn't that good, in my opinion. It was just okay.

The Xenocide Mission by Ben Jeapes

I loved the Xenocide Mission, and there wasn't really much gayness in it but the two main characters are dudes and they're so cute together! And by cute I don't mean physically, I just mean emotionally. One of the main characters is human and the other is another species that works with humans. At one point they are captured by an enemy (of a whole other species that are wolf-like) and they think the two are just a male and female of the same species and that they're a couple, hahaha! They also think that their diet consists mostly of chocolate bars so that's all they feed the two of them, and the two get really sick of chocolate, haha. Its a really good book, I highly recommend it. Also, there's two wolf-like species in the book which is kind of furry-like.
Anyway, its an awesome book and I highly recommend it and I actually think I should read it again because its been a while.
DΩL

Offline Phyon

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • All sorts of yayness floods my brain
  • Fursona Species: hybrid of Siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:05 pm »
Will Grasyon, Will Grayson
Great book with some boys love in it, it's not the whole basis of the book though

WG,WG was by far one of the best books i ever picked up, only thing that let me down was the end.
You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 05:43:04 am »

Yes, you have. Here you are, though it will cost you: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Kyell+Gold&sts=t&tn=Waterways

Abebooks uk also have a copy, but the £/$ exchange rate + postage to the US may cost more.

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=Kyell+Gold&sts=t&tn=Waterways

The ISBN numbers should be traceable to other second-hand bookstores and/or libraries.
Hope this helps anyway.

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »
Boy Meets Boy is probably David Levithan's best work. Not only is the romance in this genuine, the characters genuine, and the writing genuine, but this has probably the best example of a love triangle done right. I also loved the ending so much I nearly cried! :sad-fox:

10/10 <3
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 03:53:24 pm »
i don't think i've seen any lesbian novels here
well, here you guys go!

Rage: A Love Story by Julie Anne Peters is a wonderful novel showing the darker side of a first romance. It does deal with abuse though, as a warning to anyone who may be interested in reading it.

Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden is about the relationship of two 17 year old girls in New York. It deals with friendship that blossoms into a romance.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth is a story about a 12 year old girl discovering her own homosexuality. She lives with her conservative aunt, while secretly developing a relationship with her best friend.

These are all wonderful (whilst sad) novels, that I hope someone here will enjoy.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 05:57:19 am »
I dislike too much sex in gay novels, or any books for that matter, but Nancy Ann Healy wrote an absolutely excellent novel, Intersection. It's a thriller, based deep in American politics at the Pentagon and The White house. Healy interwove characters in a plot so realistically that I thought I could be living the story as I read from page to page. I really loved the romance between Alex & Cassidy.

The great plus point is Nancy Anna Healy wrote its brilliant sequel, Betrayal. The novel is consistent with characters who develop in line with the story, original plots and twists and turns. A wonderful book which deserves to be placed on the top of your 'to read' pile, or for anyone who enjoys a good and original story.