Author Topic: Gay Novels  (Read 13137 times)

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
Re: Gay Novels
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 07:46:30 pm »
So I have a few to add to this that I have read recently:
Two Boys Kissing - David Leviathan(He is a good author)
Gemini Bites - Patrick Ryan(It was okay)

The next two have gay main characters but have a story that does not solely revolve around them being gay

Capture - Annabelle Jacobs (Okay book)
The Cat In The Cradle - Jay  Bell(Amazing book, I bought it right away after reading it)

And one I am not sure can be classified as one because the main character has no one gender

Everyday - David Leviathan(Really really good) 

Books that come to mind, are actually an author David Leviathan, he has many LGBT friendly books, my favorite being Boy meets Boy

Some lesser known ones are: 
The Cat in the Cradle, by Jay Bell
Gemini Bites, by P.E. Ryan
I haven't had the chance to fully read(only have free trials of them)
Capture, by Annabelle Jacobs
and Luck in the Shadows, by Lynn Flewelling
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:18:32 pm by Casey »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline AlaskaFolf

• Emoji Liberator
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • FT's Official Gravity Tester
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Fox Hybrid (Folf)
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »
I would like to recommend Gives Light, it has a good plot and some relatable characters.
With great power comes great electricity bill.

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2016, 05:02:42 pm »
I'm not going to post a review of 'HERO' by Perry Moore, but I dislike that book due to the numerous plothole and grammatical errors (why he healed sick Larry (or whatever that dude's name was) from being SPLATTERED, right? But he couldn't heal the old female psychic!? What?! That's just one of the holes that I'm talking about.)

However, the sentiment behind the book (the main character's homosexuality is not the MAIN point of it, the main point of it is that he's a super hero who HAPPENS to be gay (and that does cause some problems, but it's not focused solely on his homosexuality) is something that I admire.

There is a book, 'More Than This' by Patrick Ness, which is very well-written, intriguing, and lacks plotholes. I will not tell you exactly why it is a book that belongs on this list, but it is. (Don't want to spoil the surprise~)

I found it while perusing the books in my library. I had NO idea that it was gay fiction and was VERY pleasantly surprised when I found that out.

It is a very good read. I advise checking it out. (And if you notice the one 'plot hole' that I did, please also make note of the fact that it's not actually a plot hole, it's just a complicated little tidbit in the novel that might be hard for people to understand on the first read-through.)
> Observations intensify.

Offline Graham

• oh, the dye;
  • Candies: 58
  • a blood red setting sun.
  • Fursona Species: Werewolf
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 10:29:15 pm »
Perhaps it was on here and I didn't notice, but I'll scream it from the rooftops: Benjamin Alire Saenz's book Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe is honestly the greatest book I've ever had the opportunity to read.
I used to be the most "Do not write or highlight in books. Do not crack the spine. Do not dog ear pages." person, and frankly, I still am; I just have an exception. I was a bit put off by the middle school-ish title, and I didn't expect that I would like it more than any other book; I have never been more wrong before. I relate to the characters in a very prominent way, and it's the only time I've dropped everything to read a book in a day. This isn't a coming out story, this is a coming of age story.     
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Fursonas: Graham the moth & Cleopatra the corgi (Suit by Furbakery)
Toyhou.seInstagramCommission InfoTumblr

Offline Kobe

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Kagemori
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 09:41:16 pm »
Well since I saw a bunch of people recommend Waterways, the Dev and Lee Series and the Dangerous Spirits by Kyell Gold, I'd also like to recommend a couple of his other books such as Winter Games, Camouflage and Twelve Sides.

Well aside from Kyell Gold, there's a comic/novel series called "Circles".

Circles is a slice-of-life comic in which each chapter focuses on the daily life of 6 gay men who are depicted as anthropomorphized animals. Yes, they are human, which is why none of the characters will ever mention having an animal characteristic, this is made more obvious in the last 5 volumes, since it is written rather than drawn. The comic has 13 volumes, each volume was a comic issue. However the last 5 volumes were written in a light novel format, because the artist who worked on it was busy with other things. It's pretty good and I recommend it.
"And so the dust finally settles."

Offline Bomull

• cam, english, mully, and wuss
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
    • FurAffinity - bomull
    • Furry Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Tiger
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2017, 06:25:41 pm »
Perhaps it was on here and I didn't notice, but I'll scream it from the rooftops: Benjamin Alire Saenz's book Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe is honestly the greatest book I've ever had the opportunity to read.
I used to be the most "Do not write or highlight in books. Do not crack the spine. Do not dog ear pages." person, and frankly, I still am; I just have an exception. I was a bit put off by the middle school-ish title, and I didn't expect that I would like it more than any other book; I have never been more wrong before. I relate to the characters in a very prominent way, and it's the only time I've dropped everything to read a book in a day. This isn't a coming out story, this is a coming of age story.     

YES YES THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: she/they
DONATE NOW TO ENGLISH SO SHE CAN HAVE HER MCCHICKEN NUGGETS

Online Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Candies: 261
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemer!!!!!! It's about Hades and Persephone, except Hades is a woman X3c

A short but beautiful read!! Not furry, but goooood
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:39:46 pm by Red Velvet »
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline ZuzuFox

• Gay the Pray Away!
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 22
  • Sub to me on iFunny! "ZuzuFox"
    • My Official Youtube!
  • Fursona Species: Fox Dog Wolf Hybrid
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2017, 11:49:08 am »
Any Kyell Gold book! I like Out of Position!
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • [icon by a friend named Shaidz on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 02:21:21 am »
I read Kyell Gold's Waterways a while back XD

It was the first book I read that had some errotic material in it although it was gay, and I actually liked it and found it kinda cute as well XDDDD

I related a lot to Kory's situation, although that was really all I could relate to. Both Kory and Samaki were very well presented in their personalities and such so I didn't have much projecting of myself going on XD
Their city and world was very well detailed and evolved a lot from just projecting my own city into thier world, into it's own unique place. (love when that happens!)

Only qualm I had was that the relationship did kinda be a bit unrealistic. Love at first sight isn't very common, and although they both did slowly get to know each other and such I think it's more realistic for people to go and meet other people as well that they might be interested in than to stick to one person all the time and shortly get into more intimate things like sex.

All in all I give it an 8/10 Had me analyzing my own life and relationships at the end so that was a very redeeming quality of it ;D
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave

Offline Eolties

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Have some pride!it's free!
    • FurAffinity - NickolasTheFennecFox
  • Fursona Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:15 pm »
Um...I don't know if manga counts but try a manga called Blood Bank.(gay vampires :3)
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he,him,his,you
A lot of species bare their teeth as a display of aggression,think of that the next time I smile.

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 165
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2017, 08:22:12 pm »
If webcomics count, I've been reading one called Long Exposure that's pretty good.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart