Author Topic: BBCode References?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
BBCode References?
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:55:55 am »
I'm just curious if there is a list of of the different code commands for the forum. It would be useful to know all of the fun ones not shown on the post menu, like "me"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:19:44 am by Natasha Softpaw »
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Forum Code
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:53 am »
This is the most complete one I know of:  http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref

I compared that reference to the total list (there's one in the admin panel, with options to disable some of them), and really, there aren't many left.  The few that are, are pretty boring, but here's the rest of the list.

anchor  -  Creates a named anchor, you can read about them here.  If you need these, your post is probably too long to be a forum post.
br  -  Creates a new line.  Superfluous, since you can just use the enter key, but for certain weird formatting (signatures, mostly), it can sometimes come in handy.
iurl  -  I had to look this one up myself, never seen it or used it.  Basically, it's identical to url, except the link opens in the same window.  Probably only useful for admins and mods writing sticky/FAQ posts.
me  -  Already covered, it's what happens when you type /me, IRC-style
nobbc  -  Sends the enclosed text as just text without parsing it for BBcode.  Also works for smileys.  I think Phoenix and I are the only ones in the history of FT who've ever used it, and the code tag does the same thing in addition to usually being more relevant to the context.
php  -  Identical to code, except it applies PHP-standard text formatting.  Kinda pointless, since this isn't a programming forum.
time  -  Also pointless for non-programmers, this converts a Unix timestamp into something human-readable.

black, blue, green, red, white  -  Duh.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
Re: BBCode References?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »
Actually, all of the ones for SMF work. My coding topic has a flurry of them because, like you, I became curious one day. It's not any more than what Natasha has there, though (actually, less, although I knew most of those).

You may try the SMF manual:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=22.0;sort=subject
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:51:24 pm »
I was wondering how he posted [img][/img] without it trying to link an image. Thanks, this is great!
Also, is it possible to set it so it never adds smileys without having nobbc, or checking the checkbox in additional options EVERY post?  I like the text smileys more.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:53:11 pm by Haddock Wolf »
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:44:53 pm »
Just curious here, but is there a way to embed a video in a post with BBC?
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:07:50 pm »
Not easily.

If it has a flash player, then the [flash] tags might work. Otherwise... Probably not.

I'm sort of butting in here, but just link to it. Videos are large, and that means that it can slow down the entire page if they try to buffer before you even decide you want to watch them.
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:18:31 pm »
Not easily.

If it has a flash player, then the [flash] tags might work. Otherwise... Probably not.

I'm sort of butting in here, but just link to it. Videos are large, and that means that it can slow down the entire page if they try to buffer before you even decide you want to watch them.

This is correct, on all counts, except that flash videos don't pre-load the video itself, just the player, and no browser in existance will auto-start the video (it doesn't buffer until you hit play).
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:36:07 pm »
Actually, on another smf there was a line you could add, like autoplay=1 or something, and it would. IT was how they added music to pages.

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:38:20 am »
That's a Youtube player flag, it's not SMF-specific or BBcode-specific.  Please don't use it here.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk