Author Topic: Noughts and Crosses  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Muishi

• STOP...
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • ...hammer time.
    • FurAffinity - ianthe
    • Twitter - ianthecc
  • Fursona Species: PANDAHH
Noughts and Crosses
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:12:04 am »
The book is a modern twist on Romeo and Juliet. It is about two best friends Callum McGregor and Persephone Hadley who have known each other for years and years (Callum's mum used to work for Persephone's parents). But this is the big twist. The black people are in power and the whites have just come out of slavery. It focuses on the realism of rascicm, the extent to which people go to stop it and the terrible effects that can come of it. It has everything in: Violence, Politics (but not so much it bores you), guns, the Liberation Malitia (a white group) and romance (yes there is a sex scene towards the end of the book, be warned). The noughts are the white people, the crosses are the black people. Hence the name of the book if you didn't realise lol. It made me cry and it will make you cry as well. It's such a good book I can't emphasise the importance of HOW YOU SHOULD READ IT. It's not that long, but by the time you get halfway through, you don't want to stop. Callum's life and Sephy's (she is referred to that name throughout the book) life is so heartbreaking :( READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the first one in a series.
Interested in the other titles?
PM me :)
<3Lestat<3