FPS
« on: September 09, 2006, 01:45:36 pm »
All hail DOOM the og fps.  BOO TO HALO!

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: -65493
Re: FPS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 02:08:21 pm »
Doom has barlly a storyline and a char that doesn't do much. Sure it was great back in the early 90's for mindless killing but its medicore now XP but fun for a revisit of childhood memories wasted with your friends partnering up to beat the game.

At least 3 had more of a plot I guess but even that got the C- ranking from me for overall because like why doesn't your guy talk when people talk to him?

Offline Lucien Odin Godsline

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Music: The Voice Of The Soul
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 03:20:17 pm »
Doom 3 just wasn't fun for me. It was more scare tactics then innovation and good gameplay. I prefer a good match of halo 2, as it requires skill, but is still fun whether you're winning or losing. Plus, it's a solid, well rounded game.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:21:22 pm »
Red Faction 1 adn 2. Best FPS for the playstation 2. RF 2 camew out for all systems too. ^_^ it rocks. YOu can make your own bots and destroyable enviroment and good multiplayer.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 05:09:07 pm »
Doom 3 just wasn't fun for me. It was more scare tactics then innovation and good gameplay. I prefer a good match of halo 2, as it requires skill, but is still fun whether you're winning or losing. Plus, it's a solid, well rounded game.

Amen except I only hate when I am losing to cheaters or modders in the game then I feel like killing them literlly XP

Offline Ross Fox

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Iiiii'm a crazy rabid squirel....I want my COOKIE!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 05:17:16 pm »
He said boo to Halo  :sad-fox:
My FA . How dull

"Its a non-stop disco betya its Nabisco bet ya didnt know, woohoo!"

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 05:34:17 pm »
Counter-Strike: Source player here. I'm not a fan of the latest ID works. That includes Quake 4 and Doom 3.

I also play the single player stuff like F.E.A.R., HL2, etc. but only CS:S competitively.

CS: S is so much fun I discovered the awesome fun that game holds when I started playing at that compy place downtown on the LAN and interwebs areas X3

Offline Rockaway Ralarare

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Ghetto Ninja from Brooklyn
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 09:32:21 pm »
I enjoy Half-Life and F.E.A.R.  F.E.A.R. is a bloody and awesome game.

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 10:43:55 pm »
I like playing the TimeSplitters 2 mod where everyone is a gingerbread man with a flamethrower. It's just hilarious.

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 04:11:37 am »
I enjoy Half-Life and F.E.A.R.  F.E.A.R. is a bloody and awesome game.

If you have a half decent internet conenction I'll try playing FEAR online since I have only did it once and it was fairlly amusing I must say.

Also for you cheap mo fo's out there that don't want to buy the game and just want it for multiplayer. Then your lucky because they are offering like a 300-600mb(can't remember excat file size download on their site where you can play just multiplayer with others that have that version and the retail version everyone else bought. But I am to lazy to find the site so just google it or look on some gaming site for a URL.

Offline Okami

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 4
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 06:30:01 am »
I enjoy Half-Life and F.E.A.R. F.E.A.R. is a bloody and awesome game.

My biggest complaint about F.E.A.R. was that it was too easy. The AI is ridiculously stupid - better than the CS bots mind you but still stupid.

And to be honest... it wasn't that scary either. Then again... I've watched a lot of Japanese/Chinese psychological horror films.

Offline LeonSarambi

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Video gamin kat!
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 08:24:31 am »
Battlefield 2 is my bitch :P
Im so good in it, I got first place in one round as a medic XD
If you tell me to tell a joke, Ill give you a mirror

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 10:48:06 am »
Well Star Wars Battlefront doesn't count really much as a FPS but I do own in it quite good. I don't have all those shiny medals on my breastplate for nothing. ^_^

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 05:27:32 am »
Yeh Battlefront is pretty awesome! If my computer was good enough, I'd prolly have Battlefield 2. Personally I'm more a fan of tactical shooters then the more gung-ho ones like Quake and Doom.

Anyone played Full Spectrum Warrior?

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:48:27 am »
Nope...I've heard good about it. Also I own Firewarrior for the PS2...even though the graphics suck pretty much and the weapons..I'm still a warhammer 40K fan so I have it anyway. >.>;;;; I really need a life.

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 07:54:40 am »
So do I! XD

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 08:20:58 am »
Lawlz. I have a few other FPS but htey aren't worth mentioning cause they re pretty bad. Tom Clancey Ghost Recon for the box. Medal of honor rising sun for the box...man..do the game programmers just randomly put these games together or what?

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 08:10:10 pm »
Lawlz. I have a few other FPS but htey aren't worth mentioning cause they re pretty bad. Tom Clancey Ghost Recon for the box. Medal of honor rising sun for the box...man..do the game programmers just randomly put these games together or what?

yea most companies do that nowadays hoping the graphics will trick the crowd into thinking it is a good game. Like look at Doom 3, it is a superb example of it and not knowing how to balance weapons properlly(espically in multiplayer). Or Prey sure it looked awesome when I first played the demo and all but after a couple hours I kinda realized something it kinda sucked because there isn't really any punishment for dying your just thrown with a short 15 sec mini gmae which wastes your time before being thrown back and countuning the battle you were just doing before you were killed. so yea nowadays vary few companies think about what they are doing before they actually release a game.

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 10:41:55 am »
Too bad Metriod Prime 2's multiplayer isn't good. I was dissapointed in it.

• Green Level
    • The Wandering Fox
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 11:40:02 am »
The most fun I've ever had multiplayer was, surprisingly, 007 nighfire for *gasp* the Gamecube. My friend and I used to play it all the time, it was insanely fun. Especially the sentinels. (Remote controlled rockets)