Author Topic: New Idea... Maybe  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
New Idea... Maybe
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
Okay, so I was thinking, and the idea just popped right in there:

We've got FTR, so how about an FTV? (Furry TeleVision, or something like that) I mean, maybe people could do their own TV shows, news programs, and suchlike, and play it on a kind of streaming video, or make it so that shows that have already been played can be downloaded?

Just an idea... please don't get mad or anything...
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
Re: New Idea... Maybe
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:38:54 pm »
Kinda like youtube videos or something? I like the idea. I'm totally camera shy, but it would be cool to have our own show.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Kambo

• Blue Level
  • True story.
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »
And it doesn't have to be like a news report or anything, we could do things like fiction-type TV shows, or commercials, even. Just gotta find enough actors.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Offline Greek

• Master Shitposter
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Where in the world am I?
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 11:22:39 pm »
-jumps up and down with energy- Sounds great! We could also do some stuff like vlogs(video blogs) to let other members see what we do for fun and such.
Up in the morning, outta the rack~
Great to dawn with an early attack~
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow~
I don't eat it anyhow~

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • Candies: 78
  • oooo
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 12:01:36 am »
Ehhhh...it would be a tad more difficult, and FTR is only on it's 7th episode right now, it's still really young.
I'm gonna be realistic and say that this probably wouldn't get off the ground.
Think about it, you can't have people go from place to place to record with each other for interviews and whatnot, and who would you interview that relates to furries? If we did something only on other topics, the only link to ft would be the name and the hosting. Also, think about the quality of video you'd have to shoot for. I know for a fact that I wouldn't spend time watching a blurred or pixelated video with horrendous audio, but most conventional cameras have crappy quality.
Another thing to note is the time. How long would you expect a single episode to last? I'd say a bare minimum is around 15 minutes, and that's a LOT of content to do without a group commentating.
I'm sorry to shoot this down, but I just don't think that this would really work right now. Sorry :/
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Greek

• Master Shitposter
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Where in the world am I?
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:03:16 am »
Ehhhh...it would be a tad more difficult, and FTR is only on it's 7th episode right now, it's still really young.
Think about it, you can't have people go from place to place to record with each other for interviews and whatnot, and who would you interview that relates to furries? If we did something only on other topics, the only link to ft would be the name and the hosting. Also, think about the quality of video you'd have to shoot for. I know for a fact that I wouldn't spend time watching a blurred or pixelated video with horrendous audio, but most conventional cameras have crappy quality.
Another thing to note is the time. How long would you expect a single episode to last? I'd say a bare minimum is around 15 minutes, and that's a LOT of content to do without a group commentating.
I'm sorry to shoot this down, but I just don't think that this would really work right now. Sorry :/
Yep you're right. It was a good sounding idea though at first.
Up in the morning, outta the rack~
Great to dawn with an early attack~
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow~
I don't eat it anyhow~

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 12:13:30 am »
id be more than happy to offer my youtube account, or rather my time for managing such a thing. that is if noone else would like to. however i really hadn't ought to be taped for a while.

well flip videos have incrediable quality, i use them for projects for school, so who ever would be doing this i would suggest using one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:17:59 am by blue fox »
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • oooo
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 12:21:50 am »
But that's the thing. Not everyone can afford the same camera, so we'd have inconsistent quality of the videos, and nothing makes me angrier than going from amazing quality picture and sound to a crappy pixelated video with barely distinguishable audio.
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Lord I am old...
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 12:25:36 am »
a good point, not sure how to fix that one, other than to pass around the flip, or what ever we would decide. yea, F isn't quite ready for the logistics of a TV show. and besides, Tv is bad for your brain.

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 02:41:00 am »
Not to mention filesizes. A 20 minute long video would be fairly big.

It's a nice idea, but not plausible.
  • Flag - original

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Lord I am old...
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:34:14 pm »
gotta say though, i don't want this idea to die... infact i'd like to keep it around and think about it, see if i can't work anything up... only problem is the transferance of material.

Offline Nael Oran

• That guy with the... thingy... you know...
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • Being a programmer is hard... But I'll get there.
    • DeviantArt - Nael-Oran
    • FurAffinity - Nael-Oran
    • Twitter - Nael Oran
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:47 am »
I think i can help. Ive been doing a little research on cheaper video cameras with high quality. honestly, a little editing, and things will run smoothly. i can do editing and clean up the videos taken. i have a Hard Drive specifically deticated to video. The only thing i ask is that Videos run no more than 5 min at the max. and 2 minutes at the least. depending, i think we can jack in an extra two minutes.

Videos can be transfered via e-mail, or the postal service. Burn your video to a small disc and send it. If you have any notes for your video, include a small note. Ill be happy to start a channel specifically for uploading of these videos, and mod it. I simply need a name. there is an e-mail account i dont use so i can help from there. Ill post some links for cheap cameras.

does this help at all?

NaelOran@Gmail.com

EDIT: I forgot to mention, do we need a Facebook page...?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:45:12 am by Nael_Oran »
It seems like humans have forgotten that they are animals at heart... We furries awakened to that truth...

What could that mean?

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • oooo
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »
What would it be about though? I don't want it if it's gonna be part of FT by name only. And we JUST started the radio. If you would go and look, the original idea for FT Radio started in 2006, and it wasn't until 3+ years later that someone decided to resurrect this. :/
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 05:30:01 pm »
It's a good idea, but like Alexx said, it would be hard to do. The only way it could really get done is with a meetup, but as this is an international forum, and we a just teenagers, it would be hard to get enough people together. If a lot of us are ever in one area or something though, I'll be glad to help.

Offline ShwintyKat

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - shwintykat
    • Twitter - shwintykat
    • Weasyl - shwintykat
  • Fursona Species: Meerkat/Deer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 11:08:38 pm »
I like the idea, or at least the idea of the idea.

I doubt it would make it off the ground though. If it were something like a YouTube channel, moderated by an older (as in, been here longer) member for quality control it might work. If we found somebody who was good with making flash animation it could be that instead, with written scripts from members on topics voted on by FT members in a forum. Anything from game guides, reviews, silly things, fursuit guides, etc...whatever interests furry teenagers.

Maybe come out with an episode once every two months or so, or however long it takes to make the flash. No expensive cameras required either, just a couple mics and flash.

With a lot of planning and tweaking, it could work.
Would it work anytime soon? I still doubt it and am pretty sure Im getting ahead of myself dreaming up all I just typed, but who knows. Like it was said earlier, the radio show only just got off the ground. Things like this move a little slow here from what I've seen.

As for a Facebook page, Nael, Id think Natasha might rather an admin/mod run it than a regular member. Not trying to be insulting or anything to normal members like us, but personal info like on FB might be a little bit too touchy to trust to any regular Joe.
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline tornwulf

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:43:29 pm »
I think that short videos would be much more popular, something bite sized, also the video would almost have to be saved off-site I think.

As for content, maybe just have individuals show something about what they like to do in their free time.

Offline Kambo

• Blue Level
  • True story.
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 12:24:16 am »
Hmm, as far as resources go, I've got Flash, Director, and Camtasia studio. I don't know how much this'll matter, however.

I also think that a mod/admin being the one in charge is a good idea.

If anyone is willing to even try this, I'll help as much as I can, with what I've got. The only problem is that the idea needs to be come concrete, and not just an idea.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline a ghost

• Green Level
  • oooo
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 01:43:22 am »
Another thing to factor in is you need to ask yourself, "Do I forsee myself being a part of this forum for at least the next year or two? Being staff is a BIG responsibility, and this would technically be part of the staff. We need someone who's well established in the forum.
  • Flag - wallpaper
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Nael Oran

• That guy with the... thingy... you know...
  • Orange Level
  • Being a programmer is hard... But I'll get there.
    • DeviantArt - Nael-Oran
    • FurAffinity - Nael-Oran
    • Twitter - Nael Oran
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:26 am »
Another thing to factor in is you need to ask yourself, "Do I forsee myself being a part of this forum for at least the next year or two? Being staff is a BIG responsibility, and this would technically be part of the staff. We need someone who's well established in the forum.
Okay, A- i can do this as i have constant network. i run it in my home.

I think that short videos would be much more popular, something bite sized, also the video would almost have to be saved off-site I think.

As for content, maybe just have individuals show something about what they like to do in their free time.
And B- i was thinking in this state at the time.

I like the idea, or at least the idea of the idea.

I doubt it would make it off the ground though. If it were something like a YouTube channel, moderated by an older (as in, been here longer) member for quality control it might work. If we found somebody who was good with making flash animation it could be that instead, with written scripts from members on topics voted on by FT members in a forum. Anything from game guides, reviews, silly things, fursuit guides, etc...whatever interests furry teenagers.

Maybe come out with an episode once every two months or so, or however long it takes to make the flash. No expensive cameras required either, just a couple mics and flash.

With a lot of planning and tweaking, it could work.
Would it work anytime soon? I still doubt it and am pretty sure Im getting ahead of myself dreaming up all I just typed, but who knows. Like it was said earlier, the radio show only just got off the ground. Things like this move a little slow here from what I've seen.

As for a Facebook page, Nael, Id think Natasha might rather an admin/mod run it than a regular member. Not trying to be insulting or anything to normal members like us, but personal info like on FB might be a little bit too touchy to trust to any regular Joe.

Okay i see your point here. I am simply too new here to do this yet, but still...

Anyway, i was going to ask if it could be hosted from my home in PA and we post it on the tube. We got sound cleaning people, and good cam guys.We could launch a promo vid and see if it works. if we make a splash, w make a splash. if not, then we burn... that'll be concrete right...?

*tosses papers*

Im sorry, i just dont wanna see someones good idea go down in flames of doubt. but if i fail, ill just leave it be...
It seems like humans have forgotten that they are animals at heart... We furries awakened to that truth...

What could that mean?

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 83
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:50:07 am »
Alrighty
If I was a radio staff member I'd think my radio shows are apparently not given enough credit upon seeing this. The main point in this whole scenario is that the radio show is still in its early stages. I know we're the generation who typically favors video media over radio, but this is a  forum that does not have that many members active on a day-to-day basis at any given time.
If this was a higher activity forum I would be able to understand this, and if the radio show was in its 30th episode I'd also be able to understand this, but given the struggle to come up with radio topics (which the radio show is still needing suggestions by every FT member in here), it would not take long for the radio and video shows to hold content far too similar for one to exist over the other.

In short, the radio show is priority at this stage, since it's still young. I'd be taking it badly if someone all of a sudden wants to start a video show but then again I'm a big crybaby like that, so I don't know how any of the staff feels.

I honestly thing we should keep this idea hanging, if not to test out whether the people who suggested this idea will remain as forum members while the radio grows. But don't let that influence your stay on this site.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:38:39 am by Hale Laocon »
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3