Author Topic: New Idea... Maybe  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
Re: New Idea... Maybe
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 09:36:23 am »
Chuint seems to have the more practical idea so far, but I second what Hale says - we're still waiting for the FTR to pan-out properly, and we're not large enough a forum to support both projects at the same time, not without knowing which would be succesful. There's an awful lot of effort gone into the FTR, and more is still needed, so maybe we should just focus on that for the moment.
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 11:37:00 am »
Ok, time for me to throw in an opinion...

I am with the general view that FTR is spotlight right now, and we need to see how that all works out before we try to get into something new.

However, I also have a suggestion with this.
There has been talk going around of who is going to what con, when, and all that other fun con-planny stuff...

If you really wanted to do something videocasted, I would talk to members who plan on going to cons.
Find out if they are ok with being filmed, then do a 'Hello FT, from beautiful SUCHANDSUCH-CON' video for the site.
Maybe talk with a few of our members, pick up some video from the con-sights...
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 04:31:44 pm »
I like the idea, but we should perfect FTR first. Like Hale said, we're not a huge forum, so one thing at a time.
Plus, it would be hard to put together episodes as fast (even though it's not that fast) as FTR.
But, I'm sure we could overcome that once this starts to become a real project.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »
I didn't really mean an official show, just the opportunity for people to make their own little videos, so that people can watch them here.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 05:21:18 pm »
I didn't really mean an official show, just the opportunity for people to make their own little videos, so that people can watch them here.

I think there is something like a 'furry youtube'....

If you want user made videos, I have this suggestion:

Natasha and the staff can appoint someone as channel owner on either youtube or furtube (whatever it is called).
Then anyone who wants a video, has to send it to that person. The video staff (possibly 2-3 people) would watch the video and discuss if it if appropriate for uploading, then upload it.
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline Nael Oran

• That guy with the... thingy... you know...
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • Being a programmer is hard... But I'll get there.
    • DeviantArt - Nael-Oran
    • FurAffinity - Nael-Oran
    • Twitter - Nael Oran
  • Fursona Species: Silver Fox
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:45:05 am »
This guy got it.

I think there is something like a 'furry youtube'....

If you want user made videos, I have this suggestion:

Natasha and the staff can appoint someone as channel owner on either youtube or furtube (whatever it is called).
Then anyone who wants a video, has to send it to that person. The video staff (possibly 2-3 people) would watch the video and discuss if it if appropriate for uploading, then upload it.
Kinda what i was going for... buut... i like this...
It seems like humans have forgotten that they are animals at heart... We furries awakened to that truth...

What could that mean?

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 11:08:08 am »
1 - This needs fed the "Anthrocon style" solution, if it ends up happening.

2 - The server is overworked as is, if you've not seen Natasha hopping to to try to track down the source of recent speed issues.

3 - I can't see the practicality with the turnover rates that this site has experienced in the past. It's not the fact that I think anyone here may go "I'll do it!" and then dissappear; when FTR was in the preplanning stage for resurrection, a lot of us who either were here an outrageous amount of the time at that point (*points at self*) or had been here for quite some time (*jerks thumb at our two poderators*) expressed interest in it, which is part of what made it a worthwhile investment beyond personal interest. The larger concern is that it seems like FTR is struggling to stay afloat with interest from the so-called regulars, without adding another layer of things to do other than that. Perhaps you've not heard of the KISS principle in design?

The point of this is not to come in and dash all your hopes to shreds. What you're proposing is a very real possibility. At the rate this site has been growing of late, it's quite possible that it may be able to happen within a year or so. Though, as previously suggested, it may have to start off site... But, it just does not seem practical right now.

If you're unaware, as I was a few short weeks ago, the AC solution is "Great idea! You're in charge!"
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?