Author Topic: 3D Studio Max kills my PC - actual techie stuff, not gaming discussion  (Read 459 times)

Offline Chak

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 26
  • Partical physics gives me a Hadron
    • FurAffinity - Chak
    • My Art Page
I can animate, simulate, and render just fine, the problem is when I'm done doing all that.

For the past couple weeks, I've noticed that whenever I finish with 3DS (3D studio max) and close the program via the "x" button on the top right of the screen, my computer ends up restarting about 3-5 seconds after the program exits, and going to a black screen after boot (I have to hard-shutdown and turn it back on again for it to work again). I know it's not an overheating problem because I've checked my temperatures as I closed the program, there is no increase in heat from my GPU or CPU, my fans are running fine and my heat sync is in check.

I don't understand, 3DS has been faithful to me for as long as I can remember, and it's just now started fucking around with my PC; It makes it really difficult to complete projects, and since I've been working on a character for a while now, I do wish to work on it at home rather then at school during the hour long lunch period.

Has anyone here dealt with a problem similar to this?

Just because this might help, my PC specs are as follows:

Dual Core 2.8 GHZ
3.5 GB RAM (XP caps my max)
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE (casual card, but it's been great for as long as I've had it)

I do realize this isn't the best place to ask this, but I REALLY don't want to sign up to any of the tech forums out there on the internet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:18:10 pm by Chak »

Offline Chak

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - Chak
    • My Art Page
Never mind then.
Could an admin come down from the clouds and use their god-like powers to zap this thread from existence, please?

Offline Capt. Carey

• level 2 bureaucrat
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 6
  • I wonder what this button does....
    • Sci-fi fur
  • Fursona Species: Lion
It could be hard to diagnose.  It sounds kind of stupid but try reinstalling if you haven't.  There might be a corrupt file or registry key throwing you for a loop.

Offline Chak

• Orange Level
    • FurAffinity - Chak
    • My Art Page
I did that twice before.... But I thought I'd try again since you suggested, and you know what?.... It worked O_O
Thank you.... I feel dumb :(

Offline Capt. Carey

• level 2 bureaucrat
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 6
  • I wonder what this button does....
    • Sci-fi fur
  • Fursona Species: Lion
I did that twice before.... But I thought I'd try again since you suggested, and you know what?.... It worked O_O
Thank you.... I feel dumb :(

Don't be I just pulled that out of my ass xD