Author Topic: The Sight (A book about Wolves)  (Read 926 times)

Offline FellWolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Da Wolf
    • My DeviantART
The Sight (A book about Wolves)
« on: March 18, 2010, 10:18:48 am »
Book - "The Sight"
(Sequel - "Fell")
Author - David Clement-Davies

Well, first off let me say how intense this book was. I always wanted to keep reading it and not stop. This book is thrilling and amazing. Let me sum up the plot for you guys a bit...

Two pups named Larka and Fell were born in the late winter in the middle of Transilvania. These pups were born into a time of war and fear, when everyone was looking over there shoulders. The outcast named Morgra who is percieved as a threat to the world and is the leader of the Balkar, a pack of alpha males, with her leading. Morgra is known as the bearer of "the sight" or this mystical power to see into the future and control the elements. As Larka and Fell grow, Larka developes the powers of "the sight" which puts Her pack in danger. Another small pack joins them as they travel, introducing the wolf known as Kar who is Larka and Fell's age. They face many dangers as they travel, death is all around them. They must figure out what Morgra is up to and what is happening to themselves, while surving the harshness of the land.

That's a good summary, don't worry I didn't give anything away. Well I would tell anyone that is willing to read and likes or loves wolves to absolutly, without a doubt, read this book. This book is my favorite book of all time, it is actually where I found my fur name. ^^ FELL ^^ This book has an amazing plot and ending. It has twists and turns you will never expect. It truely is a great book. !!!!!!!5 STARS!!!!!!!

http://www.davidclementdavies.com/ClementTest/books.html
Come visit my DA: www.fell-wolf.deviantart.com

-Fell Wolf

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: The Sight (A book about Wolves)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:26:10 am »
I've also read both of those books, and I must agree that they are excellent and will always rink among my favorites, even though it's been a year or two. 10/10!

?????!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline FellWolf

• Red Level
  • Da Wolf
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:09:22 am »
I agree, I would have to say that this is definitely a must read for anyone interested in wolves or just likes animals.

-Fell Wolf

Offline Sulphur

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
    • DeviantArt - SulphurTea
    • FurAffinity - Sulphuric
    • LiveJournal - SulphurTea
    • Twitter - Sulphurtea
  • Fursona Species: Spotted Hyena
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:06:45 pm »
I read The Sight, as well as Fell when I was in 7th grade, about 3-4 years ago. I can't really remember much about it, but I liked it at the time, except for the sequel. Cursed sequels... always so... sequel-y...

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:21:21 am »
I actually liked the sequel better. That may be because I read Fell first, though. The first book was the one that seemed sequel-y and unoriginal after the other book.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline FellWolf

• Red Level
  • Da Wolf
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 11:14:13 am »
I read The Sight and got my furname from that book but then I found out there was a sequel. It was a good book but everyone thought I got my name from Fell when it was actually from The Sight. lol

-Fell Wolf

Offline Reiko

• The Walking Spastic
  • IRC Channel Half-Op
  • Candies: 2
  • Rawr I is a cookeh monsteh
    • DeviantArt - www.4evrWolfluver.deviantart.com
    • FurAffinity - www.furaffinity.net/user/reiko_rave
    • Realm of the Walking Spastics
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 02:31:40 am »
I recently just finished reading "The Sight" and I to loved it :] I'm currently reading "Fell" the sequel that I got for christmas. And I will agree with you, FellWolf, that this book definately deserves 5 stars ^-^ it was a great read, it didn't allow me to put the book down at times because I got so drawn into the story ^-^ I cried a few times almost becuase I fell in love with some of the characters and I couldn't take what some of the events in the book. But I would most definately reccomend this book, the sequel, and the author himself, David-Clement Davies, to anyone that is looking for a great book with action, suspense, love, and a touch of magik.

I also own Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies and I will soon be picking up Scream of the White Bears, is what I think it's called. I'd have to check

Offline Nightmare the Stallion

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
    • FurAffinity - nightmarethestallion
  • Fursona Species: Black Stallion
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 11:56:27 pm »
The Sight was probably one of the most amazing pieces of literature I have ever read!  Although it doesn't come close to matching the unique animal choice and intricate plot of Fire Bringer, I think that Sight is a must-read for every furry and non-furry out there.

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:50:40 am »
ugh.... I remember this book, I couldn't stand it...
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline Nightmare the Stallion

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
    • FurAffinity - nightmarethestallion
  • Fursona Species: Black Stallion
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 07:24:09 pm »
:O you are the first person I've seen that doesn't like Davies XD