Author Topic: Non-Standard Characters in Display Names  (Read 852 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Non-Standard Characters in Display Names
« on: March 25, 2010, 08:37:11 pm »
Due to the recent trend of using non-standard characters in display names, we've been forced to implement a policy on this.  Because such characters make the display name significantly more difficult to read, if not impossible, and many users lack the fonts/character definitions to display them, they will no longer be allowed in the Display Name field of your profile.  So, the Display Name field will now be limited to standard US ASCII characters.  Exceptions will be granted for names written in/derived from other languages, but please try to keep your display name readable to English-speakers, since that's the primary language the forum is written in/visited by.

However, non-standard character substitutions will be allowed in the Custom Title and Personal Text fields.

This policy will go into effect in 24 hours.  Any users whose display names currently contain non-standard characters will have until Friday evening to correct this; otherwise, your display name will be reset for you.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3