Author Topic: BattleField Bad Company 2  (Read 811 times)

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
BattleField Bad Company 2
« on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:57 pm »
So I know most people have this game I just wanted peoples input. What did you like about it? What do you dislike about it. Is it a fresh breath of air from MW2 or not?

Graphics: 8.5
The graphics were good, a little too good with sniper blinding snow or sand flurries.

Single player gameplay:8
The single player was good because you couldnt rush move foward like i tend to do in MW2, and the enemys make you dive for cover unless it gets chipped away at your despense.

Multiplayer:9
Verry fun, This battlefeild game really underlines team work in its multiplayer with the medic reviving team mates with his defibrillator or the assult class refuling the team with ammo. Vehicles are the icing on the cake, it is my joy orbiting the battlefeild in a blackhawk while my gunners rain down mini gun fire from above or colapsing an entire building with a M1A1 tank.

Over all :9  :guns:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:47:41 pm by cooljoe224 »

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
Re: BattleField Bad Company 2
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:52:41 pm »
9's a lot higher than I'd give it, probably closer to 7
Mostly, I agree with you, but I think the maps are waaay too small.
Compared to ordinary battlefield games, which I thought this was, where the maps are gigantic, this felt miniature.
I could drive a freaking tank quickly enough to fight off the enemy before they managed to capture the point right outside their starting point.

With the amount of bikes around, and the "summon at team member" ability, it could have been made better by just adding more empty space and alternative routes, so that it was easier to flank the enemy.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:03:08 am »
Unfortunately, this is a purposeful change Aerion. Rush is meant to keep the game focus so you're always in the middle of the action. They still have conquest, but it's honestly not that fun with the number of people you can get in a game.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Luke Fox

• Green Level
  • Candies: 28
  • Lol :V
    • FurAffinity - cooljoe224
  • Fursona Species: Red Forks
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:12:54 am »
Well 24 has been the main number. You dont want so many people that you cant take a base or blow up an m-com, and you dont want so little people that you can run out in the open without getting shot.

Offline Greek

• Master Shitposter
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Where in the world am I?
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41:41 am »
Well time to put my two cents in for all of this.

Campaign-
It's a short but sweet experience. The action is quick and fast, or just so slow that you feel like you're doing nothing. Along the way the game takes pride in poking at a certain FPS. All together the campaign throws together a short campaign with high and low spots mixed with some poking fun at a certain Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer-
Ah this is where BD 2 shines in my eyes. Destructible Environments, Customization, Vehicles, Guns, I could list quite a few things here but I won't. The combat goes fast and dangerous as soon as you jump in. Each class also plays more than one role in the battle as well. Vehicles speed up the action and cause a change of tactics for other teams, adding to the fun. I found that all three game modes to be fun but you'll probably be sticking to rush mode the majority of the time. Spawn killing is almost gone in this game. If you choose you spawn location right it's almost impossible to be spawn killed.

There is my quick two cents, I might go back over this and revise it later.
Up in the morning, outta the rack~
Great to dawn with an early attack~
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow~
I don't eat it anyhow~

Offline Orpheus

• Physically im 18. Mentally, thats another question...
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 44
  • Tacky, yet delightfully refined.
    • FurAffinity - orpheusfox
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »
 :fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: 5 out of 5! The graphics are about as good as you can expect, the campaign was decent, I would play it over again, but i just cant say enough good things about the mutiplayer! Destructible environments, cammo that actually works, and the huge maps combined with fairly realistic gameplay make for a great FPS! Online for this absolutely blows any COD out of the water! And you dont have the B.S. perks like in COD might i add. This is the game that made me realize COD sucks.
    Honor, Courage, Commitment.  

Offline Mehrunes

• BROSEIDON!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • KING OF THE BROCEAN!
    • FurAffinity - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEE
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »
:fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: :fox-:P: 5 out of 5! The graphics are about as good as you can expect, the campaign was decent, I would play it over again, but i just cant say enough good things about the mutiplayer! Destructible environments, cammo that actually works, and the huge maps combined with fairly realistic gameplay make for a great FPS! Online for this absolutely blows any COD out of the water! And you dont have the B.S. perks like in COD might i add. This is the game that made me realize COD sucks.
CoD would be better if its multiplayer was...
-Harder to Play
-Not full of manchildren crying about dying
-Decently powered guns
-Decent killstreaks

The perks were never that bad, although I admit, I look forward to seeing Battlefield 3 kick Modern Warfare 3's ass this year :3

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 118
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »
Its a great game but I wish EA was more reliable, I mean I lost my add-on packs every so often that its really annoying.
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here