Author Topic: Episode 8  (Read 7124 times)

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 82
Re: Episode 8
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 06:38:05 pm »
Hey guys, don't be posting just one word responses. That's an IRC thing.

I'm glad to see Episode 8 is coming along nicely :)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 01:19:51 am »
Problem has arisen. I found my mike, and it's completely dead. I haven't got any others, so if I'm going to be in this episode, it looks like it'll be via text only.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:15 am »
Problem has arisen. I found my mike, and it's completely dead. I haven't got any others, so if I'm going to be in this episode, it looks like it'll be via text only.

Sorry dude, it wasn't really good with the text-only thing last time, it was just a trial to see if it works, which it kinda doesn't.
  • Flag - original

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 04:49:05 pm »

Don't worry about it. You can always write something that you may want read on the show.

I'm currently brainstorming ways to get non-miked members on the show, so if you have ideas, let me know!

Offline 800880088

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 04:51:00 pm »

Don't worry about it. You can always write something that you may want read on the show.

I'm currently brainstorming ways to get non-miked members on the show, so if you have ideas, let me know!

Why not have announcements at the end of the show or in the middle as a interval?

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »
Unfortunately, you can't really get proper interactivity in an audio show from text input.  However, one technique you can do is ask a question to the "audience" (ie, everyone in the room, whether they're on audio or not), do something else for about 30-45 seconds, then read the responses (making sure the pick the interesting and appropriate ones, of course).
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Nox

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 60
  • Fursona Species: Dingo
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 06:13:48 pm »
That's what I was thinking for this episode. It might be a little short, otherwise.
  • Flag - original

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »
Unfortunately, you can't really get proper interactivity in an audio show from text input.  However, one technique you can do is ask a question to the "audience" (ie, everyone in the room, whether they're on audio or not), do something else for about 30-45 seconds, then read the responses (making sure the pick the interesting and appropriate ones, of course).

I agree with this. If I'm not mistaken, most people don't have a mike, so not only will this get them involved more, but more people at the same time, too!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 04:26:07 pm »

I agree with this. If I'm not mistaken, most people don't have a mike, so not only will this get them involved more, but more people at the same time, too!

I like this a lot!

I'm gonna discuss (with Nox) letting more people in the room for this purpose. There are only so many spaces, so we can't have everyone.

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 05:26:07 am »
It's up!  I'm getting better at getting these out faster, but I've had some productivity issues lately.  I'm getting better.
Also, one thing that would help is for everyone on the show to make sure that they speak loudly and clearly, and without a glitchy internet connection or wind noise on the mic.  Amplification and noise reduction take dramatically more work per second of audio than cutting out empty space/"umm"-ing.  This episode took me almost four working hours to process (on a 15-minute show), and the one before it took almost twice as long.

Episode 8

:-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 05:52:58 am »
1.OMGOSH I heard my name and it was like the most awesomest thing ever and thank you for letting me give a shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. WOW you guys all have accents. *Did not know that....* :lol-fox:
3. Weird, it opens up on iTunes. You should put it on FA or youtube :3 That was awesome. I wanna be in the next one now. All I need is some confidence and a mike. :fox-:P:
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

• FT Founder
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:14 am »
It seems a little silly to put it on Youtube when it's audio-only.  Plus, the idea is for it to be readily accessible so you can put it on any device you like, since not everyone can be within earshot of their computer for 15 minutes to listen to it.  Personally, I listen to them in the car if I'm short on time when the file comes in.

FA is a possibility in the future, but since the show is specifically targetted at FT, keeping it here is probably the best idea for now.  It's not like the thread listing the shows is members-only anyway.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 12:48:45 pm »
This was a great episode, I enjoyed it. Nox, you're doing a great job, as always.

The only real concern I had was with the wind and breathing into the mic. Try not to breathe in the mic, keep that in mind next time.

Offline Tristan Thilorn

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 04:56:06 pm »
That was a cool episode. ^^

Just a couple of points in the bit where you referred to me, though... my last name is pronounced 'Thigh-lorn [think 'forlorn']', and due to my gender identity I prefer to be referred to as 'shi' or 'hir' (as the situation may call, both pronounced as 'she' or 'her'). Not a major complaint, just something I thought I'd point out. x3