Author Topic: TOOL Easter Eggs  (Read 3325 times)

Offline .

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
TOOL Easter Eggs
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:46:59 am »
I recently found out that in the song "Sober" by Tool, during near the ending at like 3:56 in the while he saying whispering "trust me" there's a funny easter egg.  In the middle of the third "trust me" (I think) you can hear an EXTREMELY quiet static like noise that says "turn that s*** down".  I SWEAR it's there.  I had to listen to that part like 20 times to finally hear it, but it's cool once you are hear it.  You might need to put that song on some program and turn up the volume and the bass up like, A LOT; because it's that quiet.  Anyone else find it?

There's also this too, but it's from a different song.  It's pretty funny though.:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLV-CEZa1Pk
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:58:18 am by TrustyHusky »

Offline EnriqueTSB

• Champion of Sombreros!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 52
  • This exactly fills the limit of this text box yay!
    • FurAffinity - enriquetsb
    • Twitter - enriquetsb
  • Fursona Species: Jaguarundi
Re: TOOL Easter Eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:31:27 pm »
Not sure if this is really an easter egg, but it's awesome.  If you listen until the end of Disgustipated, you get to hear a story being told in an extremely creepy voice.

A story that's been made into an arc of Jack,  no less.  (NSFW)
  • Award - Beta Tester
"Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any."
--Orson Scott Card

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »
Why don't people ever tell me when a Tool thread is made :(

I love Tool easter eggs. The best one is in "Intension" one, but we've covered that...They have easter eggs in their artwork as well. For example, off the Lateralus album, in the brain of this dude, you can see the word GOD written.

And of course, there's the creepiness of the song "Faaid de Oep" (spelling fail) off of Lateralus. It's like, a muffled drum solo, with a really odd radio broadcast playing over it.

Offline .

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:33:15 am »

I love Tool easter eggs. The best one is in "Intension" one, but we've covered that...They have easter eggs in their artwork as well. For example, off the Lateralus album, in the brain of this dude, you can see the word GOD written. 

I did not see GOD written on his head.  I bet the ear is the "G" though, right?
And of course, there's the creepiness of the song "Faaid de Oep" (spelling fail) off of Lateralus. It's like, a muffled drum solo, with a really odd radio broadcast playing over it.

ADMIN EDIT- Fixed a broken code.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:50:44 am by Loch Ness Spaz! »

Offline Schism

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 82
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:14:24 pm »

I did not see GOD written on his head.  I bet the ear is the "G" though, right?

ADMIN EDIT- Fixed a broken code.

Are you looking at the album cover on the internet? Because, it's in the album booklet, like the 3rd page.