Author Topic: why are some of my post being deleted??  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
why are some of my post being deleted??
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:29 am »
I am not mad or anything I just want to know so I don't. Make the same mistake again^.^
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
Re: why are some of my post being deleted??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:40:26 am »
I've noticed this too with me and one or two others... Were they too off-topic or something?
Not mad either by the way.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Alex Galloway

• The Defender
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 62
  • :D
    • FurAffinity - HaddockWolf
  • Fursona Species: Dracocatwolf, Illogical Tribrid from another dimension
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:51:37 am »
I noticed this too. I lost about 10 from my post count the other day. I'm kinda confused.
"In the end we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -Dr. MLK Jr.
Every person is born a white canvas, and each person we touch, each person we talk to, they impart a shade of their color upon you. and these mixes of colors blend into a unique shade that is you - Alexander (me)

Offline Muishi

• STOP...
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • ...hammer time.
    • FurAffinity - ianthe
    • Twitter - ianthecc
  • Fursona Species: PANDAHH
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:57 am »
I think if it's not appropriate material (i.e. having a lot of cussing in it, or it's being indirectly discriminative towards others, if others could take offence, but probably if it's really off topic).
For example if I put up a thread about poetry and people commented on it saying things like "In have so much work to do" or "I like pie" then it's really off topic, also if people are having their own little conversations in a thread and not focusing on the thread in mind.
That's what I think anyway... I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it
<3Lestat<3

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:52 am »
It's been happening with me too, but I'm pretty sure the posts were on-topic. Heck, an entire thread just disappeared! I saw no reason.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 84
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:55:08 am »
Several reasons account for a post being deleted:

- One-liners on an otherwise inappropriate thread for one-liners (i.e., Debate/Discussion)
- Necroposting on a thread that shouldn't have been necroposted (i.e., a 'new' member whose thread has been open and inactive for months on end that some people found the need to revive for some reason; in many cases though, such as RP or General Chatter threads, necroposting is actually encouraged.)
- Grossly inappropriate material (in the form of pictures or posts)
- Saying you 'dislike something' or 'never heard of something' on a thread about a specific artist (musical or otherwise), or game, or anything to that extent, and leave it at that. This is relatively common; if you don't know something, don't post saying 'you don't know' or 'I hate it.' I'm sure the OP of that thread isn't there to hear if you like it or not unless he/she posted something to the extent of 'if you don't like it, please explain.'
- Virtually useless posts (something to the extent of 'oh, i dunno lol', 'ok')
- Multi-posting (in this case it becomes merged with a previous post)
- Irrelevance (at times conversations extend to irrelevant scenarios. In this case we move it to its own thread if it's a big enough issue)
- Offensive material
- Direct reference to a member in a spiteful manner (Modded to prevent flame wars)
- Acting like a jerk to another member (Sorry, no douchebags in this site anymore. If you have a problem with what a person who ISN'T flaming posted, direct it to a mod/admin's attention)
- Incoherence (If your spelling's so bad it can't be understood, it's gone.)
- Links/threads that are at risk of breaking copyright laws (links to sites that display comics, music, or podcasts that allow the sharing of such things; torrent links)
- Links/threads that are against the jursidiction of Florida law (or US law in general - the location of the site's server; any pictures posted containing images that are against Florida law or are easily mimicked behavior by the underage (i.e., underage smoking, drinking, or the encouragement of underage usage thereof) are modded. )
- Posts that basically state advertising oneself to date people on the site (we don't encourage dating on this site; doesn't mean we'll ban you if you happen to be dating, but posting on the forums wanting a mate becomes immediately modded)

If you don't want your posts modded, please take note of the date, whether a topic is worth necroposting or not (many times it's okay, but when it comes to new member threads that haven't been open in forever, unless that person happens to respond again, it isn't), add a little to your own post content if you feel a brief statement is necessary, and please watch your spelling.

If you have a problem with any of this, by all means contact any of the mods/admins for further information, and we can talk about it more privately.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:24:22 pm by Hale Laocon »
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 02:36:26 pm »
Thanks Hale I will try to be on topic next time.
  :blush-fox:
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »
So would it be ok to necropost in a General Chatter thread that hasn't been posted in for years?

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 84
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 11:04:25 pm »
So would it be ok to necropost in a General Chatter thread that hasn't been posted in for years?

General Chatter's another exception, just use your judgment as to whether it's worth necroposting or not
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline Greek

• Master Shitposter
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Where in the world am I?
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 11:24:29 pm »
I've been wondering about something actually. Is it OK if I necropost my own art thread? I haven't used it in a while but I would like to.
Up in the morning, outta the rack~
Great to dawn with an early attack~
First Sergeant rushes me off to chow~
I don't eat it anyhow~

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:11 pm »
To add to what Hale's saying, the general rule of thumb is that necroposting is peachy if you're contributing to the thread.  Necroposting a welcome thread isn't ok because once someone's been here a month or so, they really don't need to be welcomed any further.  Necroposting pretty much anything else is ok if you're making a post that will revitalise the thread, or at least contribute to the discussion.  Necroposting to say "me too", "lol", or any other pointlessness is not ok.

And yes, bumping your own art thread is just fine, there's never been a problem with that.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3