Author Topic: Wondering  (Read 1257 times)

Offline (lord)fox15

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • foxs fantasy
Wondering
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:51:10 pm »
Ok so me and my firend were talking and he told me i was getting  to old to like furry. So i've binw wondering im 16 im i getting to old to tell the truth i dont wanna stop but i also dont wanna my firends to not like me. Should i stop for my firends or what? i cant just tell them i stoped becous we are hackers we know what we've bin on form diferent computers. So i dobnt know what to do and to me i dont think i should be posting this here becaus every on on this site is a furr but i just dont know any more do i relly have to chose to be a furr or a firend? if any on can help me pleas do>

Offline Nightmare the Stallion

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
    • FurAffinity - nightmarethestallion
  • Fursona Species: Black Stallion
Re: Wondering
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:01:44 am »
You never stop being a furry :/
screw what your "friends" are saying - if they don't like you for who you are, then they don't really want you.
That's my experience anyway :3
If you show up in a collar, the friends that don't care are the ones you should hang out with.
Hope it helped! *whinny*

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:33 am »
I should also point out that the average age bracket in the furry fandom is mid-to-late 20s, and there are quite a number of furs who are in their 50s, 60s, and even older.  The furry fandom is much bigger than this site's demographic :-)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline (lord)fox15

• Red Level
  • foxs fantasy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:36 am »
your right but theres something i forgot to put up there i've bin firends with him for years hes on of the closes firends i have and the only on i could relly trust with andthing i tell him any of my other firends would just hate me if thay new about me thay only know that im a good firend thay dont know im gay or a furr or any thing if thay new then im afrad thall hate me and then i dont know what i would do you have a great point and every thing i should have posted this part up there but im just confused and scard that he'll tell every one if i dont stop.and sorry for not spelling right or useing the right things but im trying my hands are relly shacky right now

(i know theres more to furry fandome then just this site from what i have seen there are millons for furry sites and every thin but ya i still dont know what im soppost to do) sorry i got the second post well wrighting this on so i moded it
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:12:29 am by (lord)fox15 »

Offline Duino

• Logical by Design.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Stupid by Choice.
    • FurAffinity - Duino
  • Fursona Species: Mandarin Duck
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:13:56 am »
 "Too old to like furry..." I'll admit, that's a new one.

First off, there is no age limit. In fact, we as teenagers are a minority in the fandom, or at least not one of the more prevalent parts of it. If you look around FurAffinity or a similar website simply by browsing through random links, most of the people you'll find are slightly older, from early twenties to forties. In all regards, furry fandom is made for the older people- it's a connection to a youth they see as more innocent and want to revert back to.

The friends question, however, is age-old and common. The question falls to you, in the end. Is this something you only have a small interest in and could really go forward with liking or not and not care either way? Or, as it sounds, something you genuinely like and really couldn't stop participating in? If the answer to the first is yes, then it's really not worth exploring something you might not end up liking at the cost of some good friends. But if the answer is yes to the second one, then it's a little more complicated.

If you like furry fandom and want to continue to be a part of it, why should you be stopped? In fact, you really can't- up and saying you don't like something doesn't automatically make you not like it. Even if you stopped for a while, it'd always be on your mind. It's a part of you, as much as it is for any of us, and that's something you can't escape. So of course you're going to have the urge to do something.

Your friends need to realize this. Make clear to them this is an honest and innocent interest, and show them the supportive and non-harmful side of it if need be. You want to be adamant and resolved on the issue, to inform them that you're not giving this up. The important thing, though, is to not make a bigger deal out of it than it is. I'm willing to believe your friends will accept this and not heckle you about it to any extensive means, so long as it remains separated from your relationship with them. Separate spheres would be the way to let this relationship carry on along with this fandom. Coexistence at the same time is really but an ideal that really can't be achieved easily, if even at all.

And if your friends are still heckling you for it, well, maybe they don't deserve to be your friends. If you've assured them you only have good intentions and keep it away from the topic of conversation, only commenting on it when you need to, then you've reached an ideal status for your situation. If they still make fun of it or try to stop you despite this efforts, more drastic action should be taken.

Above all, remember, they are your friends and can be reasoned with. You said it yourself, you don't want to stop- why should you? If you and this friend are as close as you say, then they should understand. It might take some time, but it should all work out. Just don't overload them, and answer questions as they come. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
And that's why they call me Duino Duck- Drake of Daring, Mandarin of Magnificence, Water Fowl of West Seattle!

Offline Cerule Vulpes

• Old oldoldoldold bleh
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • Lord I am old...
    • Science-Sexual (my tumblr)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:09 am »
odd I was thinking something similer, tonight we had our end of the year concert, and I realized that in one year my musical carrear is practically over. that ended up getting related to the fandom and lots and lots of angst.....

but to answere your question, if you're a furry then you'll probably stay a furry, it really dosn't matter how old you are.

one of my little thoughts was an one hundered year old guy in fox ears, it made me laugh, but hey it could and probably will happen.
GENETIC ENGINEERING ahasfdjashdfglwadsjhfg

Offline (lord)fox15

• Red Level
  • foxs fantasy
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 12:34:14 am »
every one you have made a relly good point along with the rest of you i know what im ganna do im ganna keep the furry fandom if thay dont like me for it there not rell firend i know thay will try to do something by trying to fight me but hey if thay do then i know anyone who are my rell firends will back me up i saw them beat someone up cuz thay dident like what he liked but any way im ganna keep likeing furry as i sead befor i dont wanna stop and the ones that dont know of it thay will now becous i know he will tell them i spent 7 years with the kide i know hell tell so y not say it befor he dose im not ganna fors it on to them im just ganna plan out say and i wish i could thank you all more then jusy saying it. but thatnk you all vary muck and anyone on the site just becous im tolking to the kide right now but we are tolking about hacking befor i hang up with him im just ganna tell him im not to old there is no age limit for it ans i read above
(ps.my post sounds like a speach it not but i still like the way i put that lol. but one more thanks just so you know that i mean it

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 02:15:40 am »
Lol, I was always concerned if I was too YOUNG to be furry ;P
If you're friends can't accept that you like anthro animals, screw them. It's like hating someone for liking anime or cartoons.
If you tell them 'Hey, this is what I like! This is who I am!' then good on ya x3
Lemme know how it goes.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 02:31:02 am »
You are never to old to or to young be a furry!!! And if your friend or friends don't want to be furries that's cool but if they hate you for being a furry like everyone said screw them!! If you want to be a furry then be one and if you don't want to then don't be one ^.^
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

• Yellow Level
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 02:00:06 pm »
Heh :3 I know exactly how you feel Mango!
Maybe it wasn't really the best to choose fur affinity as my first forum O_o
Especially at midnight...
XD

Offline Seth

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 50
    • DeviantArt - SethMongoose
    • FurAffinity - Safaia
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Mongoose/Reindeer Hybrid
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 06:46:06 pm »
*Is late*

Well like others have said, you are never too old. Looking at your profile, we're the same age, and I just joined the fandom a few months ago. Like Mango said, I was wondering if I was too young for the fandom. Other forums have people in their 20s and 30s, and Natasha said that are even people in their 50s and 60s, so I think that around our age is a good age to start.

Offline Daniel A. Skirtandzy

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 162
    • FurAffinity - Skirtandzy1
    • LiveJournal - Skirtandzy
    • Twitter - Skirtandzy
  • Fursona Species: Domestic Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 06:54:52 pm »
Ok, I know I will sould like a record saying this, but:
You cannot be 'too old' to enjoy the fandom.

The fandom is based off of people's admeration for anthropomorphics (wow, starting to sould like Pips afer therapy :P).
Look back to the times in places like ancient Egypt. You had the rulers of the country worshipping anthropomorphic beings.

I should also point out that the average age bracket in the furry fandom is mid-to-late 20s, and there are quite a number of furs who are in their 50s, 60s, and even older.  The furry fandom is much bigger than this site's demographic :-)

I was going to say the same thing.
For example, this past year's Anthrocon was 3776, and the vast, vast majority of that, were people over 18.

Heh :3 I know exactly how you feel Mango!
Maybe it wasn't really the best to choose fur affinity as my first forum O_o
Especially at midnight...
XD
*dun dun dun*
Yeah, FAF is not exactly on the top of my list of recomended sites.

*pokes Seth with a stick. Grrr, you ninja'd my post!*
  • Flag - lawyer
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor

Offline (lord)fox15

• Red Level
  • foxs fantasy
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 01:10:33 am »
well i had a talk to my firend i told him im not changing. he dident like that he told me to %^&* off and stay the hell away from him. he sead he will tell every one about me. in the short time that this took place i did something im not shur i should have done. me and my firends will have these little get togethers were if theres something inportent going on we can say it to every one and i did that but this time it was all about me i told them the truth of who i relly was like two or three pll dident like me after that but the rest told me something that made me get tears in my eyes.(sorry that sounds like im trying to say im a woss or something) thay told me no matter what i am or do im the loveoble ryan thats all thay care about. it weared i cant explane it but i dont know what to say about that. but any way im happy he can go away i dont care for him i found out i have better firends then him and still thank you all.

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 02:41:35 am »
You are not a wuss I cried when I found out two of my friends still liked me when I told them I was a furry and I loss two friends after they saw csi. My point is I know what it feels like to have friends like you then hate you for being a furry. and now you know who your true friends are^.^
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

• Yellow Level
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 12:47:56 pm »
DOWN WITH CSI!
*ahem*
sorry X3
But I feel you, Wolf12 - I lost a couple friends because of crap like that too, and most of my friends treat me totally different ever since I started wearing a collar

Offline mmichaelfur

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »
Wow, that's really touching actually. And no, you're not a wuss becasue it takes a lot to tell all of these people that you are a furry in the first place. That deserves respect, well in my opinion at least.

And as far as that other guy to whom you used to call a "friend", I personally think that you're better off without him. Narrow minded people like him tend not to be worth keeping as frinds anyways. I mean afterall, it seems liek you've got some pretty great friends already.

Offline Daniel Necros

• Apathetic Agnostic
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Oh man, oh man, oh man!
    • FurAffinity - DanielNecros
    • Twitter - DanielNecros
  • Fursona Species: Genetic Experiment (Fox/ Crow/ Elk); Common Tauntaun alt.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »
Honestly, I'm gonna quote ol' Seuss on this one.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

If they're your friends, they won't care.
If you aren't completely P.Od, then you're in a fantasy world!  Avatar by Five: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ticktock1992/